Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Waghorn

Someone told me today that Waghorn has had an assist in two of our last four goals scored.

If this is the case, and bearing in mind that at least one of those must have come from a corner (and our set pieces aren't especially strong), then surely he's worth another crack.

For what it's worth I was rather disappointed that our January investment went on a striker. I felt the Nugent-Waghorn partnership had shown promise, and preferred the idea of an incoming midfield general. On top of that he had, in years past, looked one of our better performers in a 4-3-3 system.

Someone told me today that Waghorn has had an assist in two of our last four goals scored.

If this is the case, and bearing in mind that at least one of those must have come from a corner (and our set pieces aren't especially strong), then surely he's worth another crack.

For what it's worth I was rather disappointed that our January investment went on a striker. I felt the Nugent-Waghorn partnership had shown promise, and preferred the idea of an incoming midfield general. On top of that he had, in years past, looked one of our better performers in a 4-3-3 system.

Both were corners. He has two assists in his last 15 minutes of football and was playing brilliantly just prior to having his appendix out. Pearson has frequently praised his attitude. I just don't understand why Wood & Nugent started together as long as they have when it hasn't worked for weeks.

Both were corners. He has two assists in his last 15 minutes of football and was playing brilliantly just prior to having his appendix out. Pearson has frequently praised his attitude. I just don't understand why Wood & Nugent started together as long as they have when it hasn't worked for weeks.

Agreed. I still have very high hopes for Wood, but on balance the Waghorn-Nugent partnership has shown every bit as much promise.

In the short run of games he had partnering Nugent back in the autumn I thought he was pretty good, we were still, mostly, playing our passing game and the ball was being played into feet.

That said, I think his best position would be as a wide striker in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, playing pretty much the same way as Nugent did on saturday, but on the right. If we could ever get past playing 4-4-fooking-2 and bring our passing game to a more modern setup and style, I think he could be extremely useful....... :thumbup:

For what it is worth, I think Vardy could do a similar job on the left, though probably not for us under NFP....... :whistle:

We should shove him down in right back, replacing whoever plays there... Bulky fizeek, decent pace etc.. be a shame to let him just drift off imho

Please tell me you are referencing something here and you don't actually think physique is spelt that way.

In the short run of games he had partnering Nugent back in the autumn I thought he was pretty good, we were still, mostly, playing our passing game and the ball was being played into feet.

That said, I think his best position would be as a wide striker in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, playing pretty much the same way as Nugent did on saturday, but on the right. If we could ever get past playing 4-4-fooking-2 and bring our passing game to a more modern setup and style, I think he could be extremely useful....... :thumbup:

For what it is worth, I think Vardy could do a similar job on the left, though probably not for us under NFP....... :whistle:

Totally agree Dave with regards to Waghorn, was one of our best players just before his appendix operation. Don't think he gets enough credit for his hold up play when it's played into his feet. Has a great attitude also.

As for Vardy I wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad let alone the first team. Believe me when I tell u he is embarrassingly unprofessional and an absolute disgrace after the opportunity our club has given him. More interested in getting drunk everyday than fighting for his place. He'll be gone in the summer no doubt about it

Totally agree Dave with regards to Waghorn, was one of our best players just before his appendix operation. Don't think he gets enough credit for his hold up play when it's played into his feet. Has a great attitude also.

As for Vardy I wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad let alone the first team. Believe me when I tell u he is embarrassingly unprofessional and an absolute disgrace after the opportunity our club has given him. More interested in getting drunk everyday than fighting for his place. He'll be gone in the summer no doubt about it

If that is the case you would have to say that Vardy has been a very poor signing by Nige.

I can't see us getting anywhere near a million for him.

If that is true then that is very sad....... :(

He was pretty much thrown in the deep end at the beginning of the season, but I thought, despite that, he did ok for the first couple of months. Missed a few games as I recall, then seemed to lack any confidence when he returned.

If he is taking (or on) the piss then that explains his disappearance in recent months....... :dunno:

Nugent, Wood, Schlupp, Waghorn, Blyth, Hopper, Panayitou, Futacs, Vardy in that order for me.

How can you rate Blyth, Hopper and Panayiotou above Vardy when you've never seen them play? Mug. Besides Joe Dodoo is ahead of Panayiotou in the pecking order.

I was/am a massive fan of Waghorn because he genuinley seemed to care about playing football. I'd expect him to go at the end of the season if he's not in Pearson's plans and if he's not going to be playing football here I'd hope that he wants to go. No one should want to be a Conrad Logan.

I'm not sure Conrad Logan even wants to be an errm . . . . Conrad Logan lol

Waghorn is good enough for the championship. If we gave him the same amount of opportunity and patience beckford got then I'm sure his form would show. I don't understand how so few fans can see that he would be very decent if he got a sustained run in the team. Cameos off the bench are not what he needs as he comes on and tries to impress (as you have to if you want to get back in the team) but because of this he doesn't do the things he's good at and tries to play the killer pass or score every time he gets the ball. Genuinely think he is the most under rated player at the club

I've heard this from someone within the club also.

Out nearly every weekend drinking and there's been doubts about his attitude since signing for the club.

Waghorn is good enough for the championship. If we gave him the same amount of opportunity and patience beckford got then I'm sure his form would show. I don't understand how so few fans can see that he would be very decent if he got a sustained run in the team. Cameos off the bench are not what he needs as he comes on and tries to impress (as you have to if you want to get back in the team) but because of this he doesn't do the things he's good at and tries to play the killer pass or score every time he gets the ball. Genuinely think he is the most under rated player at the club

I agree, would like to see him given more of an opportunity.

Archived