Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Waghorn

Waghorn has had more patience and chances the Beckford

in what way? Because he has made more appearances off the bench? Beckford was starting game after game despite offering nothing, no goals or work rate. Waghorn hadn't started consecutive games for god knows how long up till the Bolton game this year, and in the 2 months he was starting he was our best player and we were arguably in our best spell of the season, but a few sub appearances later and all the fans are on his back again! The proof is in the pudding

He's also been a lot more professional and patient than Beckford ever was. As soon as Beckford was dropped, he wanted to leave. Hardly the sign of a professional, team player?

If Jamie Vardy was coming on in front of me I wouldn't want to play for that manager either

If Jamie Vardy was coming on in front of me I wouldn't want to play for that manager either

We're better off without players like him then. No player is bigger than the team, especially one who's been absolute dog shit for us apart from one game against Forest.

We're better off without players like him then. No player is bigger than the team, especially one who's been absolute dog shit for us apart from one game against Forest.

I'm not saying we should keep Beckford but saying Waghorm never had a chance is just wrong, both cost at least £2m and neither have been good enough

I think waggy has a lot of potential. He is still young really. Hope he stays and gets a chance, shame he's been left out in favour of some real rubbish really.

Wood, Nugent and Schlupp are far better strikers than Waghorn will ever be.

Wood, Nugent and Schlupp are far better strikers than Waghorn will ever be.

How can you say this? Nobody has seen enough of him to make these assumptions yet. Noboby knows how he will develop yet. This is what annoys me about our fans, schlupp will go through a bad patch in his career at some stage and all our fans will write him off and say some other youth team player is better

Waghorn is at best a League 1 player,

As are Vardy Futacs etc

Played for England as an under 19 and under 21 so I find that a bit of a strange opinion.

I think we should play him just behind Schlupp , Nugent, one of his main strengths is holding up the ball and with supporting runners I think this would work.

Also his dead ball delivery is as good as any one else in the squad IMO

I think i would personally start him up top against brum just for his deliveries. No one can question his dead ball skills and his commitment. He always tries hard and players like Nugent and Wood would thrive on his crosses.

I think he has more chance of beating the first man from a freekick or a corner :ph34r:

Played for England as an under 19 and under 21 so I find that a bit of a strange opinion.

I think we should play him just behind Schlupp , Nugent, one of his main strengths is holding up the ball and with supporting runners I think this would work.

So did Francis Jeffers. In fact, he was capped for England and lauded as one of the country's brightest prospects. Jeffers ended up having a career that made Steve Howard look like Messi. Things don't always turn out the way the 'experts' expect.

Waghorn can't really be judged on this season but the games he's played in apart from Hudderfield in the cup he's done well. He's had limited chances and hes been very professional about it working hard to try get back in the team.

So did Francis Jeffers. In fact, he was capped for England and lauded as one of the country's brightest prospects. Jeffers ended up having a career that made Steve Howard look like Messi. Things don't always turn out the way the 'experts' expect.

Ridiculous comparison as Jeffers was dogged with injuries,that's why he didn't live up to expectations.

I'm not saying we should keep Beckford but saying Waghorm never had a chance is just wrong, both cost at least £2m and neither have been good enough

Even the biggest fans of Pearson may surely question over three million quid spent on Waghorn and Vardy?

Surely....

Although I'm sure you'll come back with some repost... Let me think... "They are still developing", "Pearson has bought potential"...or words along those lines...

lol

Even the biggest fans of Pearson may surely question over three million quid spent on Waghorn and Vardy?

Surely....

Although I'm sure you'll come back with some repost... Let me think... "They are still developing", "Pearson has bought potential"...or words along those lines...

lol

How about, Pearson didn't spend any money on Waghorn. That a good enough excuse?

Do you think he wouldn't have signed Waggy?

Wow, really? You're going to try and defend that mistake?

You can't criticize him for spending money that he didn't spend. That's just stupid.

Archived