Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Waghorn

Personally, I'd rather have 20 minute cameos from Waggy than Kane. His effort and ability to zip a vicious corner into the right place, (on occasion), offers us more than we've seen from Kane - especially if NP insists on playing Kane on the wing / wide midfield.

Feel bad for Waghorn he finally started playing well, we bought Chris Wood in January and he's never been seen since.

Agree. I felt he was lucky to get continued chances when he did, but he turned me with his last few impressive all-round performances. He started to get some confidence back and, having now vanished off the face of the Earth, must feel like he's been kicked in the teeth given how poor we've been up-front for weeks.

I agree that he offers more than kane, for a number of reasons.

But he is behind Wood and Nugent in the pecking order for good reasons, one offers more experience whilst the other is a better finisher than Waggy.

i think if Waghorn was given a solid 5 game run in the team he will find his scoring boots....

coming on as a sub for 10 minutes is hard to make a impact, he needs starts and is not getting them hear which is sad because i have always rated Waggy....

best of luck to him as he will not be offered a new contract....

definitely capable of 20+ goals in league 1....

i think if Waghorn was given a solid 5 game run in the team he will find his scoring boots....

coming on as a sub for 10 minutes is hard to make a impact, he needs starts and is not getting them hear which is sad because i have always rated Waggy....

best of luck to him as he will not be offered a new contract....

definitely capable of 20+ goals in league 1....

So what?

We have 2 strikers now which are capable of scoring 20 goals a season in this league, in fact Wood has already done it this season, and Nuge should have but his drop in form has cost us.

The midfield has cost us ever since we dropped out of the Premier League.

We no longer have an izzet in the side who will add the goals and creativity, we no longer have a lennon who will break up play time and time again, but we do have 3 players who offer energy what savage did, but that is not enough.

Over the summer we really need to add a central midfield player who will offer us creativity (Tomlin) and one who will break up play and play a more defensive role.

By having a midfielder who is more creative, there will be less pressure from our wide players who this season have been responsible for all our creativity.

By having a midfielder who is more defensive, there will be less pressure on the back 4, but more importantly there will be less of a reliance on our wide creative players to do much defending.

This is why we have had to line up 4-4-2 for the past however many years, when we play with 3 central midfielders they all just want to sit in the middle of the park and do the same thing, pass side to side and not offer any creativity.

I agree, coming on for 10 minutes here and there isn't good enough for any player and offers him little time to impact. However, he still fails to control the ball, and his shots.

Another player I'd get rid of if we're looking to push the squad forward.

I like Waghorn, I think he is a very decent player.

Sadly he is simply a poor fit in our current setup, we play with two strikers who are, more or less, target men and that is not his game. He would do well playing the wide striker roll that Nugent played on saturday, but from the right side obviously.

Of course we could, somehow, bring our setup and tactics rather more up to date and play 'modern' football in which case Waghorn might be very useful indeed, but unsurprisingly I am not holding my breath..... :(

I was/am a massive fan of Waghorn because he genuinley seemed to care about playing football. I'd expect him to go at the end of the season if he's not in Pearson's plans and if he's not going to be playing football here I'd hope that he wants to go. No one should want to be a Conrad Logan.

I like Waghorn, I think he is a very decent player.

Sadly he is simply a poor fit in our current setup, we play with two strikers who are, more or less, target men and that is not his game. He would do well playing the wide striker roll that Nugent played on saturday, but from the right side obviously.

Of course we could, somehow, bring our setup and tactics rather more up to date and play 'modern' football in which case Waghorn might be very useful indeed, but unsurprisingly I am not holding my breath..... :(

Earlier in the season he looked a good player, holding the ball up, bringing others into play (Dyer benefitted from this) and his set-pieces have been the most threatening of any player this season.

But his finishing is poor, and technique not the best, we could probably do better but as a squad player I'd keep him.

Waghorn is a useful squad player, with good set piece deliverers, far better than Marshall and Knockaert.

So I would keep him, along with Wood, Nugent and Schlupp, then get in another striker as well to replace the shit of Vardy and Futacs.

Archived