Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

LCFC Captain

Club captain  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Club captain

• Tiatto
    • Johansson
    • Maybury
    • Connolly
    • Dublin
    • Douglas
    • Sylla
    • Hughes
    • Gerrbrand
    • Williams
    • Kisnorbo
    • McCarthy
    • Wesolowski

my skipper would be maybury , seems quite vocal on the pitch and would lead by his performance . being a regular starter is also a big advantage

If we want our Captain to be the Captain for the next 10 years then Maybury is probably a good place to start, I think he'd make a good captain now and an even better one as he gets closer to his 30s.

Another option might be Douglas - he's older and more experienced than most of the players, and as goalkeeper he has a vital role to play himself bossing the defenders around. Just a thought.

Tiatto is continuing as Captain this year, right?

Interesting that Maybury has 19 votes so far. I think he would make a good captain, although, I think Dublin is the only natural leader we have at our disposal the moment.

Davieg mentioned in another thread that Dublin gesticulates a lot with his hands to hide his mistakes, which I don't think is the case. I think he is genuinely someone who wants to encourage and lead by example.

Interesting that Maybury has 19 votes so far. I think he would make a good captain, although, I think Dublin is the only natural leader we have at our disposal the moment.

Davieg mentioned in another thread that Dublin gesticulates a lot with his hands to hide his mistakes, which I don't think is the case. I think he is genuinely someone who wants to encourage and lead by example.

145365[/snapback]

Too short term.

145365[/snapback]

Who will he blame for not marking the man he was supposed to be marking in the 6 yard box now we have sold stewart??? Perhaps the club will provide him with a one-way radio so he can continue to bollock stewart even though he now plays for Watford.

Im not Dublins biggest fan. ;)

Experience is overrated in some situations. Last season's squad was full of experience but was diabolical. Just because Dion has the most experience it doesn't give him an automatic right to be captain. We need somebody who the fans can relate to, and who can motivate and inspire his teammates.

Experience is overrated in some situations. Last season's squad was full of experience but was diabolical. Just because Dion has the most experience it doesn't give him an automatic right to be captain. We need somebody who the fans can relate to, and who can motivate and inspire his teammates.

145946[/snapback]

Spot on. :)

Call yourself a city fan pink?

Maybury is better than those 2 put together, how could you not heard of them, bizare.

146073[/snapback]

I think Pink is saying that he hadn't heard of Maybury before he joined Leicester.

Maybury maybe a better player technically and is crucial to us at this stage but I doubt he's a ready captain just yet. He's very hard working, puts in a good tackle, good crossing and distriibutes well - this doesnt necessarilty mean he's the best to organise and motivate the team. Dublin may be older and may not have the legs for all the matches this season but i'd have him hands down for the captains role. Fans may be upset with his technical ability but lifting a team when its down and leading by example is some of the qualities Dublin can definitely provide, especilly with so many younger players this season.

I know its not long term, but would give the short term fix to allow someone else (i.e. Maybury) to grow into a leaders role without having too much pressure. We are starting to expect too much from Maybury - dont forget he's still a fairly new recruit.. and dropping all the responsibilities onto him at such an early stage may not be a good idea.

Experience doesnt always help and rightly so too much of it will have a negative effect as we saw last season. But this season the whole team has changed and the style will be v different. We will need our very few older heads to help steady the ship when times are bad and help keep youngers feet on the ground when times are good.

Tiatto [ 9 ] [10.98%]

Johansson [ 10 ] [12.20%]

Maybury [ 30 ] [36.59%]

Connolly [ 3 ] [3.66%]

Dublin [ 12 ] [14.63%]

Douglas [ 1 ] [1.22%]

Sylla [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Hughes [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Gerrbrand [ 2 ] [2.44%]

Williams [ 3 ] [3.66%]

Kisnorbo [ 0 ] [0.00%]

McCarthy [ 10 ] [12.20%]

Wesolowski [ 2 ] [2.44%]

Just wana see what its like when i get back, comparered to now.

Archived