Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Why do the Thai's get so much credit?

Why don't you step up then, Grewks, since you're such an expert on both business and football, you seem like the ideal man for the job.

I'm not the 'ideal man for the job', but even I know that having over three times the amount of debt in comparison to the last time a business was in administration, will not be found as advice in a 'How to run a successful business' manual.

The club was on a downward spiral and, without the intervention of a 'sugar daddy', we would probably be looking forwards to a generation in the lower leagues.

Nobody from the local area turned up to bring success to the club in our real seasons of need, it was a man from Serbia who stopped the decline.

If anyone really wants to see what happens to a Leicester sized club with the burden of a Premier League stadium without the means to support it, then look at Coventry.

There, but for the grace of Mandaric and the Thai owners, go we.

The club cant generate more revenue than what the fans put in basically. money put in by others over and above that will need to be paid back at some point

I actually thought this was a joke ..to blame the owners and turn on them for the players and pearsons failure just beggars belief. to answer put the "fans" in charge is so immature and pathetic its hard to fathom..people on here who have tuppence halfpenny in their pockets saying that kingpower no nowt about business is the hoot of the season. i can hardly stop laughing..

Fcuk knows. Been wondering it for ages. Think English fans are just generally obsessed now with foreign sugar daddys, they dont seem to believe success can arrive without them.

Triple the debt we had we went into admin btw.

It's ok though, you get a free dvd and they have done up the training ground.

End of the day we fell out of his birthday card and we are a toy, they thought it was a good way to make a quick buck and now they must realise what a fcuk up its been, even if they got it right we would just be sold to another one like a cheap whore for the next fix a ala Gadamak at Pompey and so on until someone really fcuks it up. It was never going to end well.

We were all here before Top and co and we'll all be here long after they have gone.

Maybe one day we'll be back in the hands of a local man who actually supported the club from his days as a kid or even better in the hands of the fans.

I can dream though.

In the hands of Foxes Trust ok, but in the hands of our fans? I hope not. We'd have a new manager every week if it was left to some of our fans and the club would eventually implode from the infighting. Some of our lot would pick an argument with themselves if there was no-one else around

I'm not the 'ideal man for the job', but even I know that having over three times the amount of debt in comparison to the last time a business was in administration, will not be found as advice in a 'How to run a successful business' manual.

Does the 'How to run a successful business' manual count marketing as an asset through which you can derive a direct return? Or is it counted as an expense which is expected to boost sales in other areas?

Guest MattP

I was aware of that...just surprised they didn't blow all King Power's cash on activity days for Customers. You know....crazy golf, kids rides. Because these are the real things which improve the productivity of a business.

From a quick google they didn't give away activities to their customer with a government behind them, more like aggression and intimidation into handing over money.

In 2009, King Power and its staff were accused of being involved in an elaborate scam involving extortion of tourists at its Suvarnabhumi Airport outlets. A foreign couple were arrested for shoplifting an expensive wallet then instead of being handed over to the police they were taken to a hotel where they were threatened with lengthy jail terms unless they paid cash to secure their freedom. The couple allege they were innocent, that King Power were implicit in the scam and that a foreign mediator, a Sri Lankan named Tony handled the negotiations. King Power issued cctv footage of the couple allegedly shoplifting and a denial they or their staff were involved. After this story broke several other similar cases came to light.[7]

Nonsense, bring in Martin George, there was a man who realise who realised managerial appointments brought success and not deep pockets.

Three choices he made, Little, McGhee and Martin O' Neill, let him decide the next gaffer if they sack Big Nige,

Then I assume you have some way of seeing alternative realities?

In my opinion, without some kind of intervention, Leicester City before Mandaric was dying a slow and lingering death. The only outcome I could see was dropping down the leagues.

Little and O'Neill obviously both did very good jobs and were great managerial appointments. But would Martin George, or someone like him, be successful in the current era? I suspect not.

Mark McGhee????

From a quick google they didn't give away activities to their customer with a government behind them, more like aggression and intimidation into handing over money.

I was just being a p***k and referring to the 'fan days' at KP. You know the days which actually contributed something towards the thai's aims of premier league football.

The owners have backed the club with money and have tried a lot of things to try and gain promotion. Maybe stop blaming the owners and start blaming the people who actually make a difference like the players. All the owners can do is choose the manager and give them financial backing and personally i think they have made good choices with managers i may be wrong but i think pearson had left before they took over.

The club cant generate more revenue than what the fans put in basically. money put in by others over and above that will need to be paid back at some point

The club can generate far more from TV revenue in the Premier League than it can by fan contributions.

Also, last I heard, Chelsea owed Abramovic £900 million. They are not going to have to pay that back. There are options.

Does the 'How to run a successful business' manual count marketing as an asset through which you can derive a direct return? Or is it counted as an expense which is expected to boost sales in other areas?

Couldn't tell you pal, before reading it myself I lent it to some more needy than myself......

The owners have backed the club with money and have tried a lot of things to try and gain promotion. Maybe stop blaming the owners and start blaming the people who actually make a difference like the players. All the owners can do is choose the manager and give them financial backing and personally i think they have made good choices with managers i may be wrong but i think pearson had left before they took over.

If i had a business, and employed a 'manager' to take charge of day to day activities, i would give him budgets to ensure that my business is not running up significant amounts of debt.

The owner of the business is the only one who ultimately controls the financial side. The debt they have ran up is their fault, but due to the current laws, they may not be responsible for it.

The club can generate far more from TV revenue in the Premier League than it can by fan contributions.

Also, last I heard, Chelsea owed Abramovic £900 million. They are not going to have to pay that back. There are options.

right we'll see about that when Abromovic pulls out. Chelsea are f**ked

If i had a business, and employed a 'manager' to take charge of day to day activities, i would give him budgets to ensure that my business is not running up significant amounts of debt.

The owner of the business is the only one who ultimately controls the financial side. The debt they have ran up is their fault, but due to the current laws, they may not be responsible for it.

"If I had a business" says it all...

You have to invest to make money and a lot of that money is owed to them. Ultimately they are still businessmen and it wouldn't be smart for them to invest with the possibility of loosing lots of money. the chances are we will get promoted in the next couple of seasons and those debts will be paid off

No they are not. He turned the debt into equity.

What equity? Any equity is in the players, the brand, tv revenue and the stadium, he payed 50 mill for Torres and he'll probably be valued by the accountants an inflated price. equity is only worth what someone will pay for it, all the rest is debt.

No they are not. He turned the debt into equity.

No, they owe something near £800m on their most recent accounts.

*edit* they owe him £878m. But they have second highest revenues.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

And if anyone thinks our owners are going risk throwing £100m away by turning into equity they must be as deluded as the owners have been.

I don't know how they're going get out of the hole they've dug, but someone with the signing skills of NP will be needed to even have a sniff of making the cut. (eg. Signing 20 year old on comparatively nothing compared to what got us in this mess)

Guest MattP

Then I assume you have some way of seeing alternative realities?

In my opinion, without some kind of intervention, Leicester City before Mandaric was dying a slow and lingering death. The only outcome I could see was dropping down the leagues.

Little and O'Neill obviously both did very good jobs and were great managerial appointments. But would Martin George, or someone like him, be successful in the current era? I suspect not.

Mark McGhee????

McGhee did a good job while he was here didn't he? Remember how pissed off we were when he left?

We werent dying a slow death, we were in the shit a bit I agree but we still had a 25k attendance producing a wage bill that any manager could have worked with to an extent in this league.

What equity? Any equity is in the players, the brand, tv revenue and the stadium, he payed 50 mill for Torres and he'll probably be valued by the accountants an inflated price. equity is only worth what someone will pay for it, all the rest is debt.

I believe players are considered a liability. I think this is because in the past, clubs have been overvalued by considering players assets, due to their value being hugely unstable.

TV ext are revenue streams.

What I understand it to mean is, he has overvalued Chelsea to the value of his financial input. Only he stands to lose from this as he will never sell the club for the amount he has 'invested'.

The only way the club can make a return on his investment is through revenue over a period of time.

I would be very reassured if our owners turned the debt into equity.

Guest MattP

I miss the days when we had no money and crap but committed players, when we lost you could just laugh and every win was like a cup final. now everythings serious business with these sugar daddies we've got.

I agree.

How good was it watching Sticks and Phil Gee stumble through a game and hoping we got through Southend away with Daisy Oldfield or Lee Pisspott not being caught in a homo act or having nicked a hangbag or two? A story to tell every week and we pissed ourselves when we lost because we didn't expect anything.

Those were the days. Fcuk me we were lucky to have seen them without all this corperate bollocks that football has become now.

McGhee did a good job while he was here didn't he? Remember how pissed off we were when he left?

We werent dying a slow death, we were in the shit a bit I agree but we still had a 25k attendance producing a wage bill that any manager could have worked with to an extent in this league.

From memory, Mark McGhee started like a steam train but the wheels were beginning to fall off before he left. I believe we were around 11th in the league and having some concerning results and performances. I remember McGhee as talking a good game but delivering little.

To me it seemed we were in terminal decline. We were selling our best players to balance the books and for me, there is only one way that is going to end. Our eventual relegation to League One seemed was something which had been coming for a while.

So I must respectfully disagree.

:thumbup:

Archived