Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Why do the Thai's get so much credit?

Guest MattP

From memory, Mark McGhee started like a steam train but the wheels were beginning to fall off before he left. I believe we were around 11th in the league and having some concerning results and performances. I remember McGhee as talking a good game but delivering little.

To me it seemed we were in terminal decline. We were selling our best players to balance the books and for me, there is only one way that is going to end. Our eventual relegation to League One seemed was something which had been coming for a while.

So I must respectfully disagree.

:thumbup:

I actually agree mate Mcghee was shit and history proves that, we were pissed off when he left though, remember the Wolves game away and the postcards from Madrid? :D

I just hate the money/corperate/bullshit side of footbal, I want to go back to the days of when David Pleat not being caught with his pants down was a good week for the club.

No, they owe something near £800m on their most recent accounts.

*edit* they owe him £878m. But they have second highest revenues.

http://www.guardian....b-accounts-debt

And if anyone thinks our owners are going risk throwing £100m away by turning into equity they must be as deluded as the owners have been.

I don't know how they're going get out of the hole they've dug, but someone with the signing skills of NP will be needed to even have a sniff of making the cut. (eg. Signing 20 year old on comparatively nothing compared to what got us in this mess)

That article is based on the 2011-12 season.

I think Abramovic has since turned the debt into equity, or he has according to 5Live about 2 months ago.

Not sure that has any meaning at all. or relevance, I wouldn't comment on a subject or criticize without any REAL knowledge of said subject..IE business ..it looks and sounds silly.

My good friend it has a lot of relevance.

You were suggesting that as i don't run a business myself, i am not in a position to tell anyone how to run a business. But this isn't true at all.

My comment - a jockey does not have to have been a horse is totally relevant to this. As is the fact that to manage a football team, you don't have to have played the game yourself (AVB, Carlos Alberto etc.)

Therefore, to advise a businessman, you don't have to have your own business.

I actually agree mate Mcghee was shit and history proves that, we were pissed off when he left though, remember the Wolves game away and the postcards from Madrid? :D

I just hate the money/corperate/bullshit side of footbal, I want to go back to the days of when David Pleat not being caught with his pants down was a good week for the club.

I was more pissed off with him leaving for a supposed 'bigger club' than about losing his managerial skills. I do remember the outrage and still have a postcard from Madrid as a momento!

I think there may be some rose tinted specs perched on noses in the way people remember the past. There were plenty of frustrations and disappointments in the Little years, and a few in the O'Neill years too. There is a tendency to remember the highs and forget the lows.

I hate the corporate side too. But we can't opt out of it. We have to adapt to the game or fail to compete.

That's the way I see things anyway.

Want to know a shocking fact? Even though I want to get promoted as much as anyone, I'm not disappointed about watching football in the Championship next season. I find it much more interesting than the Premier League and I certainly won't miss the hype of the top flight.

Guest MattP

I was more pissed off with him leaving for a supposed 'bigger club' than about losing his managerial skills. I do remember the outrage and still have a postcard from Madrid as a momento!

I think there may be some rose tinted specs perched on noses in the way people remember the past. There were plenty of frustrations and disappointments in the Little years, and a few in the O'Neill years too. There is a tendency to remember the highs and forget the lows.

I hate the corporate side too. But we can't opt out of it. We have to adapt to the game or fail to compete.

That's the way I see things anyway.

Want to know a shocking fact? Even though I want to get promoted as much as anyone, I'm not disappointed about watching football in the Championship next season. I find it much more interesting than the Premier League and I certainly won't miss the hype of the top flight.

I think you are right regarding the high and lows.

As for the last line, in a very strange way I completely agree. In fact the League One season was probably the most enjoyable of the last ten years!

As for the last line, in a very strange way I completely agree. In fact the League One season was probably the most enjoyable of the last ten years!

League One was great! Proper football, proper grounds and little bull poop.

In fact, there is nothing worse than a poor season in the Premier League with wall to wall coverage of every failure. Wins can be few and far between and watching your side pulled apart week after week is not much fun at all.

We should be careful what we wish for !!

League 1 was fantastic and even before that I we've not had a player that made me more happy to see come on the pitch than Barry Hayles, he was rubbish but I loved him anyway.

lucky for me I have a Millwall supporting cousin so I can still experince that when I go there with him.

Guest MattP

I'm looking forwards to next season already.

Bring on the Championship !!

Fcuk it.

Bring on Bournemouth away in August. :beer: :beer:

Read 1 page and that was enough, so much sh1t being said its unreal, basically a lot of people were annoyed we lost and fancied a scapegoat that wasn't pearson, so let's blame to owners who have pumped money in and shown no sign of walking away?.. Some of our fans are cvnts.

Guest MattP

Read 1 page and that was enough, so much sh1t being said its unreal, basically a lot of people were annoyed we lost and fancied a scapegoat that wasn't pearson, so let's blame to owners who have pumped money in and shown no sign of walking away?.. Some of our fans are cvnts.

Bollocks. I was just as critical of the debt we were racking up while we were second.

The owners have done something I have wanted the powers that be at Leicester to do for a long time, being, investing heavily in an attempt to make Leicester as successful as they can be. This, so far, hasn't been successful.

This doesn't mean it won't be successful in the future. We will eventually be promoted. Then, instead of expecting a manager to perform a miracle and achieve success in the top flight on a shoestring, I'm sure our owners will give whoever happens to be in charge a fighting chance of building a successful side. Then, Leicester might achieve more than they have achieved for a very long time.

I personally don't know why people are so critical of them. For instance, how did they dismantle a side which got into the playoffs? Sousa started his season mainly with players at the club the previous season. Did the owners get rid of Pearson? Unless you are party to inside information, this is just guesswork. We don't know what happened here, but I suspect it had more to do with Mandaric and Lee Hoos.

It looks like this season will end in disappointment. But, it is certainly better disappointment than anything which has happened since 2003.

Give 'em a break.

Couldn't have put it better. Well done: 3rd area of agreement recently!

Couldn't find anything else to moan about? How about they jut walk away leave us in debt with no stability?

The money they have spent I'd not just in terms of the team, heavy investments have been made in training facilities, youth set up and stadium improvements including buying it back so we actually own it. Reducing the chance of us going out of buisness.

They have made mistakes, but I believe teu have rectified them, they listened to Sven who convinced them he knew how to get out of this division with a fat cheque book. It didn't work and the went back to basic and truste someone to build a team rather than buy it.

As owners go I think we are very lucky, it's idiotic comments like this that will drive them away, ten what are we left with?

I agree with this, they have pumped a load of money in to the club and they haven't left like lots of other owners! They could just leave us in a load of mess if they wanted to but they don't because they are very genuine and want what's best for the club!

I'm sure we'd all prefer owners who were true fans and who had made their many millions by employing local people to do very altruistic things in the local area, and who had the ability to never make a single bad managerial appointment, but those people are in short supply.

The owners have said they will convert the debt to equity. If they do that, then nobody can complain about their spending because it will have come out of their own pocket. People are still saying shit like "omgz wut if dey pull da plug" which is just ****ing moronic. I can't wait for them to clear the debt just so I don't have to read that crap anymore.

Mandaric advised them on Sousa and Sven. Since then they appear to have learned their lessons and are obviously going for the much vaunted patient, slow building approach.

They have made mistakes, but then so does everyone. I think we have got very lucky with our owners to be honest. I'm not one to pull the race card lightly but i think any remaining animosity towards them is rooted in xenophobia at least and probably racism.

exactly right.

Fcuk knows. Been wondering it for ages. Think English fans are just generally obsessed now with foreign sugar daddys, they dont seem to believe success can arrive without them.

Triple the debt we had we went into admin btw.

It's ok though, you get a free dvd and they have done up the training ground.

End of the day we fell out of his birthday card and we are a toy, they thought it was a good way to make a quick buck and now they must realise what a fcuk up its been, even if they got it right we would just be sold to another one like a cheap whore for the next fix a ala Gadamak at Pompey and so on until someone really fcuks it up. It was never going to end well.

We were all here before Top and co and we'll all be here long after they have gone.

Maybe one day we'll be back in the hands of a local man who actually supported the club from his days as a kid or even better in the hands of the fans.

I can dream though.

Sums up my views on the matter perfectly.

The only reason people aren't dissenting more about the fact we're a Thai boy's stocking filler is that at the moment most of our fans are in the "Y'wot? They're selling fox masks at Bangkok Airport and we're on Thai TV every week? lol!" stage of infatuation. We'll be screwed when they get bored with us but very few seem concerned about that, with most content to stick their head up their own arse and whine on about how we deserve to see top flight football because our owners are loaded.

Folks need to wake up and realise that's not how football works.

Archived