Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Why do the Thai's get so much credit?

1) They dismantled a side which got in the play-offs and was one penalty kick away from wembley, and chose to replace NP him with a 'bigger name' within the world of football, but he was a manager with no previous track record (Sousa).

2) Decided it would be a good idea to allow Sven to put this club in even more debt than when we went into administration.

Now let me ask you this. If we finish 7th this season, and replace Pearson with...lets say...O'neil, and he only finished 10th next season....would that be seen as a success? - No.

We would not back him, so why do people believe the owners have done no wrong?

1) They dismantled a side which got in the play-offs and was one penalty kick away from wembley, and chose to replace NP him with a 'bigger name' within the world of football, but he was a manager with no previous track record (Sousa).

2) Decided it would be a good idea to allow Sven to put this club in even more debt than when we went into administration.

Now let me ask you this. If we finish 7th this season, and replace Pearson with...lets say...O'neil, and he only finished 10th next season....would that be seen as a success? - No.

yeah, your right they are shight.. give us the names of some alternatives?

totally agree and brought up the owner's in a post earlier, seem's they can do no wrong! there 3 year plan is well and truly down the pan, they thought 20mill plus sven as manager would do the job straight away. Not sure they know what they are doing now, or where to turn next!

Guest MattP

Fcuk knows. Been wondering it for ages. Think English fans are just generally obsessed now with foreign sugar daddys, they dont seem to believe success can arrive without them.

Triple the debt we had we went into admin btw.

It's ok though, you get a free dvd and they have done up the training ground.

End of the day we fell out of his birthday card and we are a toy, they thought it was a good way to make a quick buck and now they must realise what a fcuk up its been, even if they got it right we would just be sold to another one like a cheap whore for the next fix a ala Gadamak at Pompey and so on until someone really fcuks it up. It was never going to end well.

We were all here before Top and co and we'll all be here long after they have gone.

Maybe one day we'll be back in the hands of a local man who actually supported the club from his days as a kid or even better in the hands of the fans.

I can dream though.

yeah, your right they are shight.. give us the names of some alternatives?

Tell me the positives....

Financial backing? - leading the club into over £80 million of debt.

Matchday experience? - No, trying to turn the club into a laughing stock.

League positions? - No, finished lowers since they took us over.

Couldn't find anything else to moan about? How about they jut walk away leave us in debt with no stability?

The money they have spent I'd not just in terms of the team, heavy investments have been made in training facilities, youth set up and stadium improvements including buying it back so we actually own it. Reducing the chance of us going out of buisness.

They have made mistakes, but I believe teu have rectified them, they listened to Sven who convinced them he knew how to get out of this division with a fat cheque book. It didn't work and the went back to basic and truste someone to build a team rather than buy it.

As owners go I think we are very lucky, it's idiotic comments like this that will drive them away, ten what are we left with?

Guest MattP

What Top must think we he watched Dortmund beat Real Madrid 4-1 with a team that cost a 1/3 of what he has spent since Sven arrived I'll never know. lol

It's a cultural problem though, Sky Sports News even have a 'transfer spending table' on deadline day like it actually means something.

They would never do that shit anywhere else. It's all bullshit.

Couldn't find anything else to moan about? How about they jut walk away leave us in debt with no stability?

The money they have spent I'd not just in terms of the team, heavy investments have been made in training facilities, youth set up and stadium improvements including buying it back so we actually own it. Reducing the chance of us going out of buisness.

They have made mistakes, but I believe teu have rectified them, they listened to Sven who convinced them he knew how to get out of this division with a fat cheque book. It didn't work and the went back to basic and truste someone to build a team rather than buy it.

As owners go I think we are very lucky, it's idiotic comments like this that will drive them away, ten what are we left with?

lol lol lol lol lol lol Fcuk me!!! Quote of the year.

I'm going to wander into my local Greasy spoon tomorrow, do up the kitchen for 45 million and tell them I've just saved the business.

The owners have done something I have wanted the powers that be at Leicester to do for a long time, being, investing heavily in an attempt to make Leicester as successful as they can be. This, so far, hasn't been successful.

This doesn't mean it won't be successful in the future. We will eventually be promoted. Then, instead of expecting a manager to perform a miracle and achieve success in the top flight on a shoestring, I'm sure our owners will give whoever happens to be in charge a fighting chance of building a successful side. Then, Leicester might achieve more than they have achieved for a very long time.

I personally don't know why people are so critical of them. For instance, how did they dismantle a side which got into the playoffs? Sousa started his season mainly with players at the club the previous season. Did the owners get rid of Pearson? Unless you are party to inside information, this is just guesswork. We don't know what happened here, but I suspect it had more to do with Mandaric and Lee Hoos.

It looks like this season will end in disappointment. But, it is certainly better disappointment than anything which has happened since 2003.

Give 'em a break.

It was Mandaric and Hoos that pushed out Pearson to make the club more 'sellable'. No way would NP come back if these were the people that had gotten rid of him.

All you can ask of owners is they back their manager. Look at debacles like Blackburn with owner interference trying to run everything. Nobody can deny the Thais haven't backed their men. Their biggest fault was choosing Sven to spend the £15m or so. Had Nigel had the carte blanche Sven did rather than build a team whilst cleaning his mess then I think he would've got us up.

But they've learnt from their mistakes in their first time in football and the long term investment into our infrastructure around the stadium, the training ground and the academy is what gets high kudos for me. I feel we're lucky to have them.

Tell me the positives....

Financial backing? - leading the club into over £80 million of debt.

Matchday experience? - No, trying to turn the club into a laughing stock.

League positions? - No, finished lowers since they took us over.

so get em out.. who do you want in their place?

I'm sure we'd all prefer owners who were true fans and who had made their many millions by employing local people to do very altruistic things in the local area, and who had the ability to never make a single bad managerial appointment, but those people are in short supply.

The owners have said they will convert the debt to equity. If they do that, then nobody can complain about their spending because it will have come out of their own pocket. People are still saying shit like "omgz wut if dey pull da plug" which is just ****ing moronic. I can't wait for them to clear the debt just so I don't have to read that crap anymore.

Mandaric advised them on Sousa and Sven. Since then they appear to have learned their lessons and are obviously going for the much vaunted patient, slow building approach.

They have made mistakes, but then so does everyone. I think we have got very lucky with our owners to be honest. I'm not one to pull the race card lightly but i think any remaining animosity towards them is rooted in xenophobia at least and probably racism.

Guest MattP

It was Mandaric and Hoos that pushed out Pearson to make the club more 'sellable'. No way would NP come back if these were the people that had gotten rid of him.

All you can ask of owners is they back their manager. Look at debacles like Blackburn with owner interference trying to run everything. Nobody can deny they haven't backed their men. Their biggest fault was choosing Sven to spend the £15m or so. Had Nigel had the carte blanche Sven did rather than build a team whilst cleaning his mess then I think he would've got us up.

But they've learnt from their mistakes in their first time in football and the long term investment into our infrastructure around the stadium, the training ground and the academy is what gets high kudos for me. I feel we're lucky to have them.

Venkts are absolutely useless owners no doubt, but even they didn't have the gall to charge interest on the loans they have pumped into Blackburn.

I preferred it when we didn't have any money

exactly, one reason why i also think the atmosphere was better back then.

Every game we go into in this league we are given the 'favourites' tag, due to us being 'big spending' leicester.

The problem is, leicester always struggle when favourites.

I'd ask what would our fans prefer. The current situation with loads of cash being chucked at everthing and massive expectation. But no say in anything.

Or a german style model where we own 51% amoungst us, have a say but limited ambition based on the fans wealth and input.

I fear it would be the former for most under 25's. And that is part of the problem. They grew up on relative sucess and think we should be man city or chelsea.

Guest MattP

Can do what they want now can't they?

In English football (up ntil next year) you can buy a club, saddle it with as much debt as you want and no one can do a thing about it as if you walked away they are fcuked.

There is a reason why virtually every other European League has laws against what they have done, why do you think they all end up buying clubs here?

Someone who actually knows how to run a business....that may help?

With the way they have run the club thus far, it's a miracle how the King Power brand has survived this long.

Guest MattP

With the way they have run the club thus far, it's a miracle how the King Power brand has survived this long.

If the government gives you a monopoly on duty free in an airport it isn't hard. lol People waiting for a flight for four hours can't do anything else but spend.

I preferred it when we didn't have any money

The club was on a downward spiral and, without the intervention of a 'sugar daddy', we would probably be looking forwards to a generation in the lower leagues.

Nobody from the local area turned up to bring success to the club in our real seasons of need, it was a man from Serbia who stopped the decline.

If anyone really wants to see what happens to a Leicester sized club with the burden of a Premier League stadium without the means to support it, then look at Coventry.

There, but for the grace of Mandaric and the Thai owners, go we.

Why don't you step up then, Grewks, since you're such an expert on both business and football, you seem like the ideal man for the job.

I'm sure we'd all prefer owners who were true fans and who had made their many millions by employing local people to do very altruistic things in the local area, and who had the ability to never make a single bad managerial appointment, but those people are in short supply.

The owners have said they will convert the debt to equity. If they do that, then nobody can complain about their spending because it will have come out of their own pocket. People are still saying shit like "omgz wut if dey pull da plug" which is just ****ing moronic. I can't wait for them to clear the debt just so I don't have to read that crap anymore.

Mandaric advised them on Sousa and Sven. Since then they appear to have learned their lessons and are obviously going for the much vaunted patient, slow building approach.

They have made mistakes, but then so does everyone. I think we have got very lucky with our owners to be honest. I'm not one to pull the race card lightly but i think any remaining animosity towards them is rooted in xenophobia at least and probably racism.

Feck me, when did you become a reasonable and cogent human being?

:P

If the government gives you a monopoly on duty free in an airport it isn't hard. lol People waiting for a flight for four hours can't do anything else but spend.

I was aware of that...just surprised they didn't blow all King Power's cash on activity days for Customers. You know....crazy golf, kids rides. Because these are the real things which improve the productivity of a business.

£100m in debt, 4 maybe soon 5 managers since AFI was formed to takeover the club & we're still to finish as high as we did.

Jokers.

Still, at least they're not that Forest clown who was talking about Champions League a couple of weeks after pulling out of signing Boyd from Posh & having the Forest wages being paid late.

Mind, if they don't keep bailing us out (somehow with payments to them probably not being possible with FFP limits), our bankruptcy will make Pompey look a walk in the park.

Guest MattP

The club was on a downward spiral and, without the intervention of a 'sugar daddy', we would probably be looking forwards to a generation in the lower leagues.

Nonsense, bring in Martin George, there was a man who realise who realised managerial appointments brought success and not deep pockets.

Three choices he made, Little, McGhee and Martin O' Neill, let him decide the next gaffer if they sack Big Nige,

Archived