Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc1994

Is it possible just to enjoy playing in the championship?

Similar to us. When we're facing adversity we fight til the death. When we can clinch automatic promotion we can't win a game in ten attempts. Palace were the bookies favourites for relegation this season, a phenominal run put us in pole position, one game to go and we may drop out of the playoffs.

Fans want immediate success, immediate gratification but have to realise that unless you have the instant cash injection like Man City & Chelsea then stability & building is the key.

To go back on topic, yes this is usually a great league but this season has been very poor quality. This is possibly the last year that Championship teams can compete with newly relegated teams which is what makes the prize more important.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this?

Teams that get relegated at the end of next season come down with bigger parachute payments, so he's a season early in calling it, but the 3 teams who come down this season will make a better fist of it than the 3 relegated sides did this season.

I think it's as simple as this. Why play football or follow a team if you don't want to become the best you can? My girlfriend's bro plays for York City and he loves playing for York but I'm sure he'd like to get promoted with them, as would their fans.

I quite enjoy the Championship but 10 years is enough. I want us to push on and pit ourselves against the best. Most of all, to win a trophy. That's why I was so pissed off with Pearson effectively giving away the cups this season.

Archived