Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc1994

Is it possible just to enjoy playing in the championship?

Are you really enjoying this ? Please go up Leicester.

Next season chaps, next season.

We will have a poor pre season followed by a real slow burner start to the new season.

There won't be any big signings and very few leaving the club.

We won't be one of the favourites so Sky won't have any interest in us at all, by Christmas we'll be around 7th,8th position.

We will then get a lower Prem side at home in the FA cup third round and go out to them, then we will play all the top sides in Jan, Feb and go on a big winning run home and away propelling us up to the automatic spots, we will hit 1st around late March, early April then drop back to 2nd where we will stay and gain promotion before the last home game of the season.

Anybody now want this weeks lotto numbers? ;)

Next season chaps, next season.

We will have a poor pre season followed by a real slow burner start to the new season.

There won't be any big signings and very few leaving the club.

We won't be one of the favourites so Sky won't have any interest in us at all, by Christmas we'll be around 7th,8th position.

We will then get a lower Prem side at home in the FA cup third round and go out to them, then we will play all the top sides in Jan, Feb and go on a big winning run home and away propelling us up to the automatic spots, we will hit 1st around late March, early April then drop back to 2nd where we will stay and gain promotion before the last home game of the season.

Anybody now want this weeks lotto numbers? ;)

if we have a poor pre season and a poor start Pearson will be sacked and we will be static all over again

Every year we fail to make the premiership frustrates the crap out of me even though I clearly recognize the championship is an absolute nightmare of a division to get promotion from. This season especially so has been horrible to watch the early confidence and excitement drain over the past few months. Leicester fans have gone through so many managers these past few years and here I blame the owners for not getting it right or possibly not understanding the division we are in. Promotion will always be a priority to me.

Its a pain in the arse losing in the Prem but when you have a good game against a proper team, even a 3-3 with Arsenal at home feels like the best game ever - think the Bolton match but with proper players you've heard of rather than cloggers........plus, they show every game on TV from the Prem so I would get to see every match on tele and that would allow me to become a proper fan again....somehow losing to Chelsea or a Manc team doesn't feel as bad as losing to pissing Watford and Millwall at home

If youre one of the people who ''enjoys'' being in the championship, youve given up the right to suggest players lack ambition, a desire and passion to win for Leicester, because you yourselves cant be bothered about promotion.

Please explain the mentality of how people would rather NOT be in the top divison, because i dont understand that at all.

Some stupid away day at Bournemouth is not a legitimate reason why you would not be desperate for the club to be establishing itself at the top domestic level

All about what you get from football if you ask me. I honestly don't think being successful is the total be all and end all. I definitely want us to be successful but it's not 100% about that if you ask me.

(bear in mind that this is written from 12,000 miles away)

It would be interesting to see the change in the atmosphere/support at the games.

Currently we go into each game expecting to dominate and a win, believing we are as good as any in the league and we deserve to win, or at the very least compete.

What happens to that attitude when we are hosting Man U, or City or Chelsea et al.

Suddenley, no expectation of big boys in the playground, we will be fighting for points and the occasional wins away will be epic.

the moan in will be interesting too

Maybe this is me searching for some kind of reason, but hear me out. At the end of each season after seeing Leicester lose out to promotion/playoffs. I still look forward to looking at who we are playing next season (Bournemouth, QPR, Reading etc.) and the new kit, and new players, so I was just wondering what people thought whether you could look at the league from a point of view where promotion is a bonus and not main priority?

Please share your thoughts. :)

I've always said the best thing about being promoted would be just that. I certainly wouldn't get that excited about actually being in the premiership, especially how it's since become since we were last there. All you'd do is spend seasons (if you're 'lucky') in relegation dog fights. And for what??

Not really I'm a Leicester fan, can't change it, it's in my DNA, they are my team regardless, all I need to be proud as a Leicester fan is players that are proud to wear the shirt.

You think the players are proud to wear the shirt?

They may say they are but I'm sure that for most of them it is just a well paid job. Are you proud of the company you work for?

I've spent years watching players who give 100% and it just isn't good enough, I want players who give their all but also have the skills and brain to help us achieve something as a club.

I want the manager to have the same as well but we haven't seen one of those in a decade.

They may say they are but I'm sure that for most of them it is just a well paid job. Are you proud of the company you work for?

I've spent years watching players who give 100% and it just isn't good enough, I want players who give their all but also have the skills and brain to help us achieve something as a club.

I want the manager to have the same as well but we haven't seen one of those in a decade.

Couldn't agree more Hackney. I usually agree with everything you write.

There are many footballers who play football simply because they are good at it. And it pays them stupid amounts of money. They DO treat it like a job. Some days we go into work and feel great, other days we really can't be bothered. It's the same with footballers. There isn't any loyalty to any club since football has become awash with money.

Look at it this way... I believe Steve Walsh would have stayed at City even if another club had come in got him and offered him another couple of grand per week. Would you say that about any of our players these days?

IMO any fans who think that our players are passionate about playing for our football club are just being duped. They might be passionate yes... To improve their own personal circumstances.

That sounds cynical but I believe that to be true.

The day we lose ambition to play at the highest level is the day I stop supporting the club I love. Settling for championship mediochrity year in year out means you are content to watch hoofball and piss poor passing standard of football.

I cannot for the life of me understand why any supporter who supports a club big enough and with the backing financially to play in the Prem should choose otherwise. :(

I'm not saying I think that the current players are proud to wear the shirt, I think some definitely are, Lloyd, King, Waghorn and I can always forgive them because I know they care about playing for Leicester.

The hypothetical question is, "is it possible to just enjoy the championship?" and I think it is all I need to be proud of my team is players that are proud to represent us, it is clear some are only here for the money, or as a stepping stone.

Am I happy with season? The first part definitely, but the second half where we just seemed to give up in some games and stories of infighting and pay disputes is not what I want in players that represent my team.

Of course I want the best for the club and us to be as successful as possible, but I'm a realist and I know that every other club out there is striving to do the same.

An article discussing this very topic. A good read: http://www.football3...1554/F365-Focus

Grim reading and I fully agree.

I honestly think it's a complete lose/lose. The novelty of the PL will be class at first but I guarantee by about December I'll be pissed off with a lot of it.

English football needs a total shake up from top to bottom. There are a worryingly high number of fans who question if they'd even want to see their club in the top flight - how fvcking wrong is that? I don't blame the fans at all, either.

The day we lose ambition to play at the highest level is the day I stop supporting the club I love. Settling for championship mediochrity year in year out means you are content to watch hoofball and piss poor passing standard of football.

I cannot for the life of me understand why any supporter who supports a club big enough and with the backing financially to play in the Prem should choose otherwise. :(

If the league is the important thing, why not just support a prem team?

If you're happy to enjoy the journey & in the main playing good stuff with more wins than not - it doesn't mean you automatically settle for mediocrity & hoofball.

If you don't take some enjoyment out of the journey you'll be eternally miserable as the journey never ends.

saying that, we need a spell in the top flight - it's been too long

We were hardly being thrashed every week when we were last in the premiership. It was more conceding late goals when we were winning or drawing which was our downfall.

Our worst season was 2007/2008 when we were relegated to league 1.

And our best (in the past decade) 08/09?

So does the league matter

And our best (in the past decade) 08/09?

So does the league matter

I enjoyed the play-off season more than that, because I felt we were back where we belong, challenging to get back into the top flight. Being top of League 1 didn't really fill me with much pride.

And tbf, League 1 was so enjoyable because we were winning all the while and there was a glorious ending. It was a change from the previous years of shit. That's what we need, a change, a season that is different, something to ignite the atmosphere and enthusiasm of the club.

Seasons like this are crap, slowly petering out and yet more disappointment at the end.

I agree with flowwolf really, we should always be looking to be in the top flight, we have the fanbase for it and I almost feel like too many fans start to believe that we are what everyone else says we are - a joke. I don't think our fans are bad because of too much expectation, expectation can drive a fanbase to believe and make the atmosphere better.

Our problem is impatience, but another problem is I don't think enough people believe we are a great club who should have top flight status.

And that is the issue - it's not just our status and the teams we play, it's the effect it has on the atmosphere and mood of the club. More than most things, it's important we get that spark back in the club. That is why I hate being down there, the flame is burning out. There is not so much pride in us these days.

I enjoyed the play-off season more than that, because I felt we were back where we belong, challenging to get back into the top flight. Being top of League 1 didn't really fill me with much pride.

And tbf, League 1 was so enjoyable because we were winning all the while and there was a glorious ending. It was a change from the previous years of shit. That's what we need, a change, a season that is different, something to ignite the atmosphere and enthusiasm of the club.

Seasons like this are crap, slowly petering out and yet more disappointment at the end.

I agree with flowwolf really, we should always be looking to be in the top flight, we have the fanbase for it and I almost feel like too many fans start to believe that we are what everyone else says we are - a joke. I don't think our fans are bad because of too much expectation, expectation can drive a fanbase to believe and make the atmosphere better.

Our problem is impatience, but another problem is I don't think enough people believe we are a great club who should have top flight status.

And that is the issue - it's not just our status and the teams we play, it's the effect it has on the atmosphere and mood of the club. More than most things, it's important we get that spark back in the club. That is why I hate being down there, the flame is burning out. There is not so much pride in us these days.

Good post but who's impatient?

10 seasons out of the top flight... And many are still suggesting they'd be happy with another year in the Championship with Pearson. How patient do you want people to be?

Nigel has had 18 months now mate. That's not an insignificant amount of time in current football management terms.

Archived