Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc1994

Is it possible just to enjoy playing in the championship?

Maybe this is me searching for some kind of reason, but hear me out. At the end of each season after seeing Leicester lose out to promotion/playoffs. I still look forward to looking at who we are playing next season (Bournemouth, QPR, Reading etc.) and the new kit, and new players, so I was just wondering what people thought whether you could look at the league from a point of view where promotion is a bonus and not main priority?

Please share your thoughts. :)

I feel the same way as you do, but obviously about Forest.

However, football is ultimately about aspiring the be the best. Otherwise, what's the point in competing. In order to be the best, you have to be in the top division.

I would rather look forward to watching players like Torres, Van Persie, Bale etc down the king power.

We'd more than likely lose more than we win, but we'd be testing ourselves against the best in the world most weeks.

This league is boring me now thousands of empty seats at most home games, the occasional sell out by away fans, teams like Bristol city and Peterborough who turn up on Tuesday night and are happy to sit back and play for a point.

One of my favourite seasons was the league 1 season. It seemed to do everyone alot of good to start winning games and scoring goals again.

One thing i like about the championship vs the prem is the extra games. 46 compared to 38 is quite nice for fans. If you are a lower prem team you are looking to jump out of the league and Fa cups asap to "focus on the league" and so you are getting much less games in a season. The quality of the championship this season has been very good too.

I am getting sick of this league now, especially with all the expectation of going up, i just really can't be arsed with another season in this league. However, after 3 months without football i'm sure i'll as excited as anyone for the new season.

I am getting sick of this league now, especially with all the expectation of going up, i just really can't be arsed with another season in this league. However, after 3 months without football i'm sure i'll as excited as anyone for the new season.

failing to meet the expectation leaves me feeling empty and bitter, so making the most of the championship could be an alternative.

It was. But I found collectively more and more are very much disappointed with it and that alone makes it worse if you ask me. Even when we were 2nd this year so many of our fans both home & away seemed to not be at all enjoying it, and that's probably made this league shit for as far as I can remember.

I have no problem being in the Championship, but obviously, any fan wants to be in the Premier League, the source of most peoples frustration is more likely how we've thrown such a good opportunity away to go up rather than anything against this league in particular. It's better than a lot of top leagues around Europe.

I would rather look forward to watching players like Torres, Van Persie, Bale etc down the king power.

We'd more than likely lose more than we win, but we'd be testing ourselves against the best in the world most weeks.

This league is boring me now thousands of empty seats at most home games, the occasional sell out by away fans, teams like Bristol city and Peterborough who turn up on Tuesday night and are happy to sit back and play for a point.

Spot on as usual..

:thumbup:

Except Torres... He's shite..

:P

I feel like this, obviously wouldn't complain if we got promoted.. But being in the championship means we may get some sort of success at the end of the season, the premier league is so dull these days for clubs of our size. Norwich, Stoke, reading etc just playing to stay in the league.

Cheaper away days (maybe)

I'm fed up with it, same teams every year, same grounds, same shit away followings, crap games.

If we went up we'd see different teams, players, bigger away followings, better away atmosphere (as fans we improve greatly when we are the underdogs).

I understand peoples point of view that being in the prem and losing to to the likes of man utd or man city rather than peterboro or huddersfield is preferable but if you look at QPR or Stoke, that struggle to stay up each season and having done nothing whilst up there, how long before the 'being beaten every season by the big boys isnt as bad' routine wears off?

I think from a fans point of view they would feel less pressure in the premier league.

Regardless of form a promoted side would only start as favourites in 2 games during a 38 game season, therefore any points you get are 'bonuses'.

Not one Leicester fan should be happy just playing in the championship. We want to be a premier league club. And we should want to to be in the premier league long term not just for a season. It would be tough but no point not wanting to challenge against the best. We are a bigger club than some in the prem. Bigger than Wigan, Fulham, Swansea .

I understand peoples point of view that being in the prem and losing to to the likes of man utd or man city rather than peterboro or huddersfield is preferable but if you look at QPR or Stoke, that struggle to stay up each season and having done nothing whilst up there, how long before the 'being beaten every season by the big boys isnt as bad' routine wears off?

well...ask any fans of teams outside the top 6 then.

Not one Leicester fan should be happy just playing in the championship. We want to be a premier league club. And we should want to to be in the premier league long term not just for a season. It would be tough but no point not wanting to challenge against the best. We are a bigger club than some in the prem. Bigger than Wigan, Fulham, Swansea .

but so are leeds, forest, wolves etc.

...and it would probably be - teams like Leicester City who turn up on Monday night and are happy to sit back and play for a point.

You can also look at Fulham, who went up in 2001 and have stayed there, comfortably in most seasons.

I wouldn't mind a few yo-yo years, winning plenty one season, maybe a shit one the next year but it hasn't done WBA too much harm.

It doesn't matter if it wears off, I'd prefer 2 or 3 seasons of being amongst the elite than staying down here rotting forever.

Stoke fans are fed up because their team has no ambition to entertain. Swansea fans on the other hand, I'm sure are loving it.

I'm fed up of us being recognised as a second tier club. We're an embarrassment every year people don't let us forget it.

The club is getting worse off the pitch with every passing year, it's no good for anyone being in this league.

Archived