Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc1994

Is it possible just to enjoy playing in the championship?

I cannot believe there is any footbal fan who wouldn't want their club to go up even if it was for a season or two but I have noticed some say elsewhere they would rather stay down - not sure if that is fand of clubs who aren't likely to have that chance and haven't experienced the sort of Premier league success you had for example under O'Neil.

I still believe our time will come but i think its the pressure that surrounds Leicester City that is the problem, have Cardiff had the same amount of pressure? I know they've been having a dig at promotion for a few years, in and around the play-offs, then they dominated this season.

I would be happy in the championship if we had a team of average players who gave everything for the club and fought for every ball in every game, if we came up short, finished in midtable, then so be it, but I would always be happy watching the people that represent my club giving their all.

I guess that is why I always defend Waghorn.

I would be happy in the championship if we had a team of average players who gave everything for the club and fought for every ball in every game, if we came up short, finished in midtable, then so be it, but I would always be happy watching the people that represent my club giving their all.

I guess that is why I always defend Waghorn.

You should save yourself a fortune and go and watch amateur football then.

I think most fans would want City to get promoted and do reasonably well in the Prem. The problem is getting promoted and then going straight down, as we've done twice in the past 20 years, and that was absolutely awful on both occasions. If we could do what we did in the late 90s it would be great, but i really don't know that that is possible any more. Even when we were playing well/winning games just after Christmas and we looked racing certs for automatic promotion, I was thinking about Reading, QPR, Blackpool, Hull and all the others who have lasted one or two seasons before going down in flames.

I know I'm a pessimistic old bugger, but I think I am also realistic.

Guest MattP

It is when it's something new.

After you have been stuck in it for ten years sat in a lifeless stadium most of the time watching absolute over paid shite represent your football club the enjoyment starts to wear off.

There is plenty of reasons to enjoy the championship

1. Its arguably the most competitive league in the world.
  2. Bournemouth away in august (potentially).
  3. We won't lose many games.
  4. More games to watch in the season.
  5. Cheaper away tickets e.g. not £60
  6. Not having to compete with glory supporters for away tickets

Of course everyone wants premier league football but i wish people would stop being so negative.

Guest MattP

There is plenty of reasons to enjoy the championship

1. Its arguably the most competitive league in the world.
  2. Bournemouth away in august (potentially).
  3. We won't lose many games.
  4. More games to watch in the season.
  5. Cheaper away tickets e.g. not £60
  6. Not having to compete with glory supporters for away tickets

Of course everyone wants premier league football but i wish people would stop being so negative.

1 and 3 are dubious.

4 is often painful.

5 isn't true.

Think the amount of aways I'd do is definitely an argument against the Premier. I do 20+ a year at the minute and I reckon if we went up I'd barely do 10.

I'd be absolutely itching to get into the top flight if I thought highly of the league, but I really don't.

Sort of agree with you to an extent. I love leicester whatever league we're in and don't think we're shit just because we're in the second tier.

It's a nightmare of a league to get out of and it seems to be getting more competitive every year.

I do think people are so transfixed with the thought of premiership football and all it brings that they forget to enjoy the ride along the way.

Would be amazing to go to grounds like Old Trafford and Stamford bridge week in week out but you know what Bournemouth away will do me nicely thank you very much. We'll get there eventually so let's get behind whatever manager, group of players are at the club and get back to loving our leicester city no matter what.

Wow that brought a tear to my eye lol

Very easy to get stuck in a rut.

Going up to the PL would revitalise many fans excitement in the club, and even if we came back down the expectations would be different to what they are at present as we'd be a hell of a lot stronger.

See League 1 season. New, fresh, exciting, winning a lot. Fans loved it. Back up to the Championship the next season, fresh, exciting, winning a lot. Now we might not win a lot in the PL but it would definitely be fresh and new to many fans, which is what is needed.

Even if we're out of this league for a season it would make a difference.

Up until the start of Feb I was enjoying this league, if we are playing well and competing it's not hard to like. If you are losing and playing shit, then it's very hard to like... like every division going.

Being in the prem won't be nice if we are getting hammered every week, no matter what players are there. I don't go to watch players from the other team, I go to watch Leicester City.

Very easy to get stuck in a rut.

Going up to the PL would revitalise many fans excitement in the club, and even if we came back down the expectations would be different to what they are at present as we'd be a hell of a lot stronger.

See League 1 season. New, fresh, exciting, winning a lot. Fans loved it. Back up to the Championship the next season, fresh, exciting, winning a lot. Now we might not win a lot in the PL but it would definitely be fresh and new to many fans, which is what is needed.

Even if we're out of this league for a season it would make a difference.

Disagree that we would be a hell of a lot stronger than we are now if we got relegated from the prem. just look at wolves, Blackburn etc. Would depend on the owners plans to be honest

A bit of variation would be nice, we've had far too many seasons in this league over the past decade. However I can guarantee this place would be even more miserable if we went up and spent the season in the relegation zone.

My view is we should enjoy each season for what it is, we've certainly had far more unsuccessful and far more boring seasons than this one.

I go to watch Leicester City.

That's how I feel, don't really care which league. Would of course like the top league but last time we were there and got a good thrashing and I recall it being the worst season I can remember

That's how I feel, don't really care which league. Would of course like the top league but last time we were there and got a good thrashing and I recall it being the worst season I can remember

We were hardly being thrashed every week when we were last in the premiership. It was more conceding late goals when we were winning or drawing which was our downfall.

Our worst season was 2007/2008 when we were relegated to league 1.

I would rather look forward to watching players like Torres, Van Persie, Bale etc down the king power.

We'd more than likely lose more than we win, but we'd be testing ourselves against the best in the world most weeks.

This league is boring me now thousands of empty seats at most home games, the occasional sell out by away fans, teams like Bristol city and Peterborough who turn up on Tuesday night and are happy to sit back and play for a point.

I agree

You should save yourself a fortune and go and watch amateur football then.

Not really I'm a Leicester fan, can't change it, it's in my DNA, they are my team regardless, all I need to be proud as a Leicester fan is players that are proud to wear the shirt.

Maybe this is me searching for some kind of reason, but hear me out. At the end of each season after seeing Leicester lose out to promotion/playoffs. I still look forward to looking at who we are playing next season (Bournemouth, QPR, Reading etc.) and the new kit, and new players, so I was just wondering what people thought whether you could look at the league from a point of view where promotion is a bonus and not main priority?

Please share your thoughts. :)

Your on the wrong forum mate here's the link you need.

http://www.hinckleyunitedfc.co.uk/

:thumbup:

If the division was important I'd support a side that have no chance of relegation from the top flight.

Couldn't give two ****s where we are, I like to see good football though, so there's been quite a bit to enjoy this season... until recently of course.

Whilst everyone works for a living & of course the resulting paycheque - I like to see players who want to be at the club & hate the journeymen parachuted in by people like Holloway - or the paycheque players lured here by the conman over '10/'11

Of course I prefer us to win, but like the league we're in - it's not a condition of my support, although I'm ready for a season in the top flight - we've been out of it too long

Archived