Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Keane Permanent?

I literally hate Keane, if any of you have foxes player, rewatch the full forest highlights, I went to the game and sat in the home stand and how he allowed their striker a free head on goal in that second half when it was 2-2 (he was ball watching their winger and allowed the stiker a free run in front of him him the entire way) is beyond me, he was also at fault for their first imo, completely missed his header, didn't challenge Cox and just allowed him to shoot past him, can name countless more occasions like this as well, (the boltan second for example when he let it roll past him) Andy King saves his skin like nothing else, inexperienced and not up for it,
If you don't see it, then answer the question "simply when is the last time we have kept a clean sheet?" you lot are blind for not seeing how bad he is, he will never be big at United.

Guest BlueBrett

I literally hate Keane, if any of you have foxes player, rewatch the full forest highlights, I went to the game and sat in the home stand and how he allowed their striker a free head on goal in that second half when it was 2-2 (he was ball watching their winger and allowed the stiker a free run in front of him him the entire way) is beyond me, he was also at fault for their first imo, completely missed his header, didn't challenge Cox and just allowed him to shoot past him, can name countless more occasions like this as well, (the boltan second for example when he let it roll past him) Andy King saves his skin like nothing else, inexperienced and not up for it,

If you don't see it, then answer the question "simply when is the last time we have kept a clean sheet?" you lot are blind for not seeing how bad he is, he will never be big at United.

Interesting perspective.  Not sure I agree completely but  I've been beginning to wonder myself just how good he is.  I think quite a few Leicester fans have been guilty of 'believing the hype' with this kid.  Someone somewhere says he is fancied to be a regular Manu starter some day and all of a sudden he walks on water.  I think he has been more than decent for us but that's as far as I will go.

Even when he messes up people say 'oh he was almost too composed there' or something similar when the truth is at times he is just plain sloppy.

And you wonder why you get so much stick?

No I'm making a valid point, if you read my other post after that, then you will see my views.

I only get stick, when my banter get's too much for people.

Wes needs experience alongside him, we have leaked too many goals since our poor run of form with Keane in the side. He may turn out to be special, but right now he is just good, not special, not spectacular just a good player, who can have very average games. Get's pushed off the ball too easily for my liking, and get's beaten in the air when coming up against the taller strikers in the division, we have seen recently, him struggle against N'Gog, Davies and Deeney in particular, if we did get him permanently I wouldn't want him to be first choice.

I completely agree. Whether we are in the Prem or the Championship next season I'd like to see Wes paired with a quality, experienced centre back next season, preferably the same two week in week out.

Someone with a big physique, commanding presence AND a big gob on him.

I completely agree. Whether we are in the Prem or the Championship next season I'd like to see Wes paired with a quality, experienced centre back next season, preferably the same two week in week out.

Thank you Col, thanks for agreeing.

You always have sense.

While I am still pretty dazed and confused trying to get my head around the fact that we are in the playoffs, I have to comment on this.

Way back before christmas, I pointed out that the center of our defence was pretty flaky, and got called on it.

I pointed out that we completely failed to dominate in our own box, the combination of Schmeichel, Morgan and Keane/Whitbread/SSL were simply not decisive or dominant enough. This was obvious then, even though our defensive record was the best in the league, many of the goals we were conceding were from corners and free kicks.

Schmeichel may be a decent shot stopper but he is not great on corners and does not dominate his box, similarly Morgan is magnificent when holding the line 30 or 40 yards out but is another who fails to command our area.

We have not improved in this respect all season and as the games get more intense, the more opportunities we have to make mistakes.

Danny Shittu?

No I'm making a valid point, if you read my other post after that, then you will see my views.

I only get stick, when my banter get's too much for people.

lol

there is absolutely nothing valid about the point you just made

lol

there is absolutely nothing valid about the point you just made

Col agreed with me, because he actually has sense.

Unlike you Keane bummers, he isn't as good as people make him out to be, not yet anyway.

He is composed on the ball and reads the game well, but struggles with crosses coming in to his area, especially when he has got one or two men on him. Don't think there is much chance getting him on a permanent transfer though as he shows too much promise at this stage of his career for United to let him go.

We won't get him another season because of Fergie's policy.

I have a feeling they probably rate him, but they have let good players go before - James Chester, for example. A top defender.

Archived