Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Keane Permanent?

I mean, what are the chances realistically? If United really want Schlupp, couldn't we get Keane as part of that deal? I'd love this kid back here next season, either on loan or permanently. 

People will say 'He's the future at United' blah blah blah, but really - they have Jones, Smalling, Evans etc who are all better

Would love the kid back

I'd rather keep Schlupp anyway... 

Really? Keane is a much better talent currently and has so much more potential than Schlupp. I love Jeff but I'd say Keane has a reasonable chance with Man Utd, Schlupp will do very well to become a regular for any PL team.

I don't think I would sell Schlupp for Keane, although Keane is quality. If we do attempt to make a permanent deal I hope our growing relationship with United over the last season can play a part in getting a good deal.

Well there is no chance of another loan due to Fergie's loan policy so permanent would be the only way and I just can't see it happening personally. Would be amazing though

What's his policy?

We won't get him permanent. No chance. He'll play for England no doubt.

No chance.

Man Utd have big plans for this lad. As much as I'd like it, I think we've got no chance sadly.

What's his policy?

We won't get him permanent. No chance. He'll play for England no doubt.

Don't loan out a player to the same side twice.

Doesn't deserve a permanent deal.

Get experience in the centre of defence, don't return to youth again.

Good god I do hope you're trying to wind us up.

Is this supposed to be banter? If it is it's some of the worst even you have come out with.

So if you had the option to sign Keane on a permanent deal, which we won't, you'd turn him down?

Why? He's going to turn into a cracking centre back, he needs to work on his game but if he's as good as he is now (which is his first spell of first team football) then imagine how good he'll be in a few years.

We're lucky to have him IMO.

Well there is no chance of another loan due to Fergie's loan policy so permanent would be the only way and I just can't see it happening personally. Would be amazing though

Really?

Cleverly was coming back to us but we said no to how much United wanted for wages.

Good god I do hope you're trying to wind us up.

Wes needs experience alongside him, we have leaked too many goals since our poor run of form with Keane in the side. He may turn out to be special, but right now he is just good, not special, not spectacular just a good player, who can have very average games. Get's pushed off the ball too easily for my liking, and get's beaten in the air when coming up against the taller strikers in the division, we have seen recently, him struggle against N'Gog, Davies and Deeney in particular, if we did get him permanently I wouldn't want him to be first choice.

Wes needs experience alongside him, we have leaked too many goals since our poor run of form with Keane in the side. He may turn out to be special, but right now he is just good, not special, not spectacular just a good player, who can have very average games. Get's pushed off the ball too easily for my liking, and get's beaten in the air when coming up against the taller strikers in the division, we have seen recently, him struggle against N'Gog, Davies and Deeney in particular, if we did get him permanently I wouldn't want him to be first choice.

This is only because you love St Ledger!

This is only because you love St Ledger!

Can see St Ledger leaving, and that will be fair enough.

Wes needs experience though, and if we want Keane get him in as back up, or better than that, the magical capture of Miguel Vitor.

Keanes good but there is better. I would give moore first team, may not be the best but good enough and he will develop with experience failing that its Dawson for me.

I do have to say though i like the look of this £5million rated CB i think he plays for bolton is his name mills or something lol   :ph34r:

No chance.

Man Utd have big plans for this lad. As much as I'd like it, I think we've got no chance sadly.

Don't loan out a player to the same side twice.

With Rio Ferdinand and Vidic on the wrong side of 30, Keane has a good chance to become part of the rotation at United sooner rather than later. Look at Cleverley's progression from loanee to being included in the first team as well as in the England squad.

We won't be seeing Michael Keane in a Foxes shirt after this season.

Archived