Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Owners need to make a decision fast.....

Best defence in the league? Definitely not us, I think we lost that tag sometime in March. Last 3rd of the season we had one of the worst defences in the country.

Are you joking? Even in the midst of that shit run, we only lost one game by more than one goal. Might have leaked a few more than usual, but certainly nowhere near the worst defence in the country. Nowhere even near the worst defence in the league.

Are you joking? Even in the midst of that shit run, we only lost one game by more than one goal. Might have leaked a few more than usual, but certainly nowhere near the worst defence in the country. Nowhere even near the worst defence in the league.

We went from letting in goals at a rate of 0.74 per game to 1.47 in the last 19 games.

If that 1.47 was over the season we'd have let in 68, only 7 teams in our division let in more than that.

We went from letting in goals at a rate of 0.74 per game to 1.47 in the last 19 games.

If that 1.47 was over the season we'd have let in 68, only 7 teams in our division let in more than that.

So, nowhere near the worst defence in the league and certainly not the country. Cheers for confirming that for me.

So, nowhere near the worst defence in the league and certainly not the country. Cheers for confirming that for me.

Bottom third counts as among the worst for me.

The point is that we can't hang on to this idea of having the "best defence in the league", one because it's not true, two because our defence is actually a serious problem and if it isn't sorted we'll be involved in a relegation scrap next year.

No problems, but it also blows out of the water the myth that we 'currently' have a strong defense.

But like they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. The defence didn't perform towards the end of the season, but that doesn't make it a bad defence. All you need to do is look at our goal difference, what we've scored and what we've conceded over the course of the season to see that on the whole our defenxe has been among the best in the division.

Bottom third counts as among the worst for me.

The point is that we can't hang on to this idea of having the "best defence in the league", one because it's not true, two because our defence is actually a serious problem and if it isn't sorted we'll be involved in a relegation scrap next year.

Well if you're just going to pick certain runs out of the season, you can prove anything. If you look at the season as a whole, which is the only real way to judge, then it's obvious our defence IS one of the best in the league because the table doesn't lie.

It's no great surprise that our defence has leaked more goals during a seriously poor run of form, and it is something that needs to be addressed, but I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bathwater because, on the whole, the defence has been a bright spot this season.

Come on Tom , what has he done since his first three games ? he has been awful and you are defending him ? He was brought in as a striker to replace Vardy and is just as crap. You don't need to know much about football to see that !

20 goals for the season doesn't suggest to me he's crap, I'd happily settle for that again from him next season. ...yes he had a poor run of form and some of that possibly down to injury, maybe also a change in style of play as to how we used him

And he wasn't brought in to replace Vardy at all!...they're different styles of forward

20 goals for the season doesn't suggest to me he's crap, I'd happily settle for that again from him next season. ...yes he had a poor run of form and some of that possibly down to injury, maybe also a change in style of play as to how we used him

And he wasn't brought in to replace Vardy at all!...they're different styles of forward

Sorry but if you think he will get twenty goals for us next season you are in for a big let down. Most of those goals were scored for other clubs so why did he suddenly turn so crap after three games with us ? He runs around aimlessly and just does not produce what he was brought in for, the stats don't lie.

Sorry but if you think he will get twenty goals for us next season you are in for a big let down. Most of those goals were scored for other clubs so why did he suddenly turn so crap after three games with us ? He runs around aimlessly and just does not produce what he was brought in for, the stats don't lie.

Other clubs? or do you mean other club?

Also make your mind up, either the stats don't lie or they do...what is it?

You say he's crap, I say 20 goals return proves otherwise

Sorry but if you think he will get twenty goals for us next season you are in for a big let down. Most of those goals were scored for other clubs so why did he suddenly turn so crap after three games with us ? He runs around aimlessly and just does not produce what he was brought in for, the stats don't lie.

He's no Vardy, he's scored 9 in the league since January, that's pretty good going. I don't think it's anything to do with switching the style of football either, because he scored plenty at Millwall and they're some of the biggest hoof-merchants around. If the rumours are true, he's been playing on painkillers since he got the knee injury and he's not been the same since. Hopefully he can get fit over the summer and get back to how he was playing when he first came in.

He's no Vardy, he's scored 9 in the league since January, that's pretty good going. I don't think it's anything to do with switching the style of football either, because he scored plenty at Millwall and they're some of the biggest hoof-merchants around. If the rumours are true, he's been playing on painkillers since he got the knee injury and he's not been the same since. Hopefully he can get fit over the summer and get back to how he was playing when he first came in.

Thank god, someone with some common sense!

He's no Vardy, he's scored 9 in the league since January, that's pretty good going. I don't think it's anything to do with switching the style of football either, because he scored plenty at Millwall and they're some of the biggest hoof-merchants around. If the rumours are true, he's been playing on painkillers since he got the knee injury and he's not been the same since. Hopefully he can get fit over the summer and get back to how he was playing when he first came in.

Well if the injury rumour is true what the hell were we doing making him play on it then ? certainly not to keep up his prolific goal scoring 9 in half a season ? I don't think it's as simple as that I think there are issues behind the scenes he never looked like he could be bothered after the first three games but I agree he has potential but not in this present set up at Leicester.

Well if you're just going to pick certain runs out of the season, you can prove anything. If you look at the season as a whole, which is the only real way to judge, then it's obvious our defence IS one of the best in the league because the table doesn't lie.

It's no great surprise that our defence has leaked more goals during a seriously poor run of form, and it is something that needs to be addressed, but I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bathwater because, on the whole, the defence has been a bright spot this season.

I don't agree. A third of a season is a long enough time period for making judgements. I don't care how well our defence was playing ten months ago. That's irrelevant. You might as well say there's no need for a creative force in midfield because muzzy izzet was doing well there a decade ago.

Well if the injury rumour is true what the hell were we doing making him play on it then ? certainly not to keep up his prolific goal scoring 9 in half a season ? I don't think it's as simple as that I think there are issues behind the scenes he never looked like he could be bothered after the first three games but I agree he has potential but not in this present set up at Leicester.

You agree he has potential now? A few posts ago you said "he is crap" so which one is it?

Indierich amongst others really does keep pulling your pants down!

But like they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. The defence didn't perform towards the end of the season, but that doesn't make it a bad defence. All you need to do is look at our goal difference, what we've scored and what we've conceded over the course of the season to see that on the whole our defenxe has been among the best in the division.

Well it got worse after Keane came in and Konchesky lost his form, Keane won't be here next season and Konchesky is unlikely to improve, we may even be looking for a new goalie and SSL is apparently unlikely to be here.

So the defence unfortunately will have to be rebuilt.

Indierich amongst others really does keep pulling your pants down!

They keep lining them up, and I keep knocking them out of the park  

Having said that, when the arguments are along the lines of these, it's almost too easy: 

Chris Wood - the twenty goal striker who's scored 11 in all comps since Jan = shit and no better than Vardy

We finished in the playoffs and were one kick away from the final =  an unimaginably terrible season

The defence that conceded just three goals more than the Champions and had the 4th best goal difference in the league = one of the worst defences in the league, if not the country.

I'm tellin ya Pearson is staying. There's no 'decision' to be made. Business as usual for the meantime.

I suspect they are all on holiday or going somewhere hot and activity will recommence in a few weeks time.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, we have another season of Mr. Pearson. The advocates of stability will be over the moon.

..but @indykaila, who apparently has good contacts in the local press, has just posted this on twitter:

The word is Nigel Pearson time at #Leicester is coming to a end, nothing confirmed at this moment. #rumour #LCFC

Never heard of him, does anyone follow him, a few seem to think that in the main he calls it correctly.

..but @indykaila, who apparently has good contacts in the local press, has just posted this on twitter:

The word is Nigel Pearson time at #Leicester is coming to a end, nothing confirmed at this moment. #rumour #LCFC

Never heard of him, does anyone follow him, a few seem to think that in the main he calls it correctly.

All he does is post stuff that can't be proved either way. He's covered his arse twice in that tweet alone. Of course Pearson might get sacked, it doesn't take a genius to work that out. With tweets like this, if Pearson's sacked he'll claim to have 'broken' the story and if stays he'll just say 'well it was only a rumour that turned out to be untrue'

Just another wannabe ITK on Twitter

Archived