Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Owners need to make a decision fast.....

This time last year we were just finalising the deals on James  and De Laet http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18084304

Lets not miss out on other potential signings by Nigel or a new manager by wasting time. I'd have thought Nige and Shakey have targets, which if they are staying need to move fast on.

yeah, I will be gutted if we miss out on another vardy or whitbread..

His hands may be tied for now.

Will probably need to ship out players in the squad he doesn't rate and players that have under performed, before being allowed to spend.

Wellens, Gallagher, Danns, Beckford, SSL, Whitbread, Waghorn, Vardy................. easily 100k+ a week there.

I agree we need to off-load the deadwood pretty quickly and that's all of the above as For_Fox19 says.

I also agree that the owners have to make a statement sooner rather than later and if that is to affirm Pearson as manager so be it.

No doubt, either way there will be plenty of discussion about it.

Guest Foxin_mad

Yes we need to decide quick. I am not bothered which way we go now, as long as it is quick and decisive! If we need to bring in someone else to take us forward so be it, but do it quickly!

We should agree to mutually cancel the large contracts as that has to be a massive bone of contention in the dressing room.

What makes you think that things haven't already been decided ?

If they are then get on with it today! We only have till the 3rd August to sort it out!

I think we have him again next season, I think the owners have given this alot of thought before yesterday, and if he was going, they would sack him today, why would they wait if they had planned to sack him?, the only reason maybe they are trying to get someone else in before they do, but doubt it.

Can't wait for another season that promises so much, and then a feeling of utter disappointment, the joys of being a Leicester fan.

Owners might not necessarily say anything if they're keeping Pearson, but I 75% expect we'll hear something by the end of the week.

If we're keeping pearson I'd happily let him take a couple of weeks off now to properly reflect and learn from what has gone wrong

Why do they have to make a statement? Clubs make statements when managers get sacked, not when they don't get sacked.

I didn't say they have to make a statement but under the circumstances I would expect they would want to dispel any rumours and come out and give their backing or otherwise.

Surely, they must be aware that stories are circulating.

It could be an expensive few weeks for the owners, getting rid of the deadwood, would they want the cost of sacking Nigel and his staff aswell?

Most players will have to be paid off if they don't ask for a transfer, other teams will be tightening their belts so those players won't get the same wage elsewhere all they could hope for would be a better longevity of the contract.

As a club we'd hope we could get a small transfer fee, which would no doubt go straight to the player as he leaves.

It won't be a good start to next season to have too many of the players that won't feature hanging around the squad. They might not put the effort in knowing they're not in favour and that is not good for morale & a tight knit group.

I think we might struggle to offload some of them permanently and it will be a case of them going out on loan again, with other teams picking up their wages, while their contract runs out with us. However, with FFP if you were a championship team would you want to take on one of our players on a Sven wage?

Pearson will have to hold his hands up to the Vardy purchase & move him on. I can see why he went for him with tally from last year & although it's a much higher standard I thought confidence from his season at fleetwood might have seen him get a few goals. But it was obvious early on despite his hard work he was out of depth.

I think our style of football hasn't helped him, our wingers really don't get to the byline enough and put crosses in across the box (as wood has found out). Dyers crossing is appalling, he has a stand out game once every 5 when picked and Marshall's confidence has been shot most of the season. Knocky cuts into the box doing his own thing, and Konchesky delivers from deep to back post only benefiting a good header of the ball.

If Pearson or any another manager sticks with Vardy & Wood he needs to get players in who can deliver from wide positions, opposition defenders have found it easy against us since Feb as we lacked ideas in the last 3rd of the pitch.

We grew more and more dependant on Knocky to create, and for all his outstanding talent he often doesn't pass earlier enough or cross the ball. He has the talent just needs to provide for others on a more consistent basis (Kingy's goal at Forest).

We need to get in a CB (2 if we get rid of SSL), a LB (Schlupp not the answer), Defensive midfielder & two forwards to replace Vardy, Waghorn & Futacs. 

I really hope Pearson doesn't get the sack. I can't be doing with another pre-season of chopping and changing.

Lets keep him, try and get rid off the deadwood, Gallagher, wellens, beckford and Danns. Let him bring in a few players and I really do think next year we'll have a team that will win us automatic promotion.

Why do they need to make a decision?

Who says they have a decision to make? Only the media and people on here based on the media speculation.

He has a contract and he's just made the playoffs, why wouldn't he be staying? Why should they have to come out and back him?

Agree with the sentiment about why so we need to have a statement, only produce a statement if we are making a change

A statement otherwise will be seen as we either couldn't get anyone we wanted so we stuck with NP or a forced show of faith

Pearson says he has been told he is staying so why doubt that and want more?

Yes we need to decide quick. I am not bothered which way we go now, as long as it is quick and decisive! If we need to bring in someone else to take us forward so be it, but do it quickly!

This is one of the funniest things I've read on here. 

Archived