Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

89% - King's pass success rate.

If he's as good as you can get for a goal scoring midfielder at this level, it isn't reflected in his goalscoring for the last two seasons.

True, but I would say that is down to him being restricted because of the formation we play. Most teams in the Premier League play with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 system that allows for a central attacking midfielder (Lampard, Michu, Cazorla, Bale etc.) to be in those more advanced roles and get more goals. Playing in a 4-4-2 restricts the amount King can get forward and doesn't give him the freedom of slotting in just behind the forward to snatch a few goals. The season we played 4-3-3 under Sven and he got 15 goals shows what he can do in that type of formation.

The ability to get double figures season after season is there for everyone to see, he can carry, finish with finesse and even get his noggin on the ball. 

True, but I would say that is down to him being restricted because of the formation we play. Most teams in the Premier League play with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 system that allows for a central attacking midfielder (Lampard, Michu, Cazorla, Bale etc.) to be in those more advanced roles and get more goals. Playing in a 4-4-2 restricts the amount King can get forward and doesn't give him the freedom of slotting in just behind the forward to snatch a few goals. The season we played 4-3-3 under Sven and he got 15 goals shows what he can do in that type of formation.

The ability to get double figures season after season is there for everyone to see, he can carry, finish with finesse and even get his noggin on the ball.

This is about right for me Daz.

Given the right formation and licence to get forward, I'm sure King's goal AND assist tally would increase significantly.

I believe King is pound for pound, just about Leicester's best all-round footballer. It's how he's being used and how we are setting-up that limits him.

IMO.

Archived