Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

89% - King's pass success rate.

Just like Dyer.

Hugely influential and dangerous player that is slagged off by some of our fans because the odd cross is not exactly on the money.

He creates goal scoring opportunities game in game out.

When Dyer's on form. There are also many games when he's quiet and has no involvement whatsoever. He is fairly hit and miss but granted when he's on form defences are terrified. His pace is frightening! Although, you often find he fizzles out by the 70th minute. An extremely dangerous player on his day and to be honest his day does come more often than not. This year has been his best year for us I'd say. 

Just like Dyer.

Hugely influential and dangerous player that is slagged off by some of our fans because the odd cross is not exactly on the money.

The odd cross not on the money? The odd cross actually gets in to the box.

Creates goal scoring opportunities game in game out?  He disappears for 2 months of the season and for the rest has around 1 good game in 4.

I would agree that this year has been one of his better years but for us to get promotion he needs to be replaced and used as an occassional impact sub.

The odd cross not on the money? The odd cross actually gets in to the box.

Creates goal scoring opportunities game in game out?  He disappears for 2 months of the season and for the rest has around 1 good game in 4.

I would agree that this year has been one of his better years but for us to get promotion he needs to be replaced and used as an occassional impact sub.

Agreed. Quite inconsistent and frustrating player.

What, the usual 'andy king goes missing lolz' 'andy king is too fcuking lightwegiht!!' and 'andy king the invisible man derp derp derp'?

You sir are clearly a member of the football nuance appreciation society. Enlighten us with your knowledge. Worry not about how and where the passes are made on the pitch, as long as the stat says 89% then all is fine.

Just like Dyer.

It is just like Dyer, although not for the reasons you outlined.

As far as I can see, both Dyer and King have very high levels of ability, but only in half of the skill-sets required for their respective positions.

Dyer, at least at Championship level, is excellent at beating his man. He is, however, utterly incapable of crossing the ball, and he doesn't have a right foot. For this reason, he's good enough for a team aiming at mid-table, but not good enough for promotion.

Same with King. Excellent at passing, excellent at shooting, excellent footballing brain (again, at this level). The problem is that he can't (or won't) challenge for the ball in the air in midfield, can't beat a man if he has to, and can't physically compete with bully-boy midfielders.

In effect, they are both 'half-excellent' players. Again, I'll reiterate...this doesn't make them bad players, it just means they are not the kind of players you need in a promotion-chasing team (if this is indeed our aim next season).

Same with King. Excellent at passing, excellent at shooting, excellent footballing brain (again, at this level). The problem is that he can't (or won't) challenge for the ball in the air in midfield, can't beat a man if he has to, and can't physically compete with bully-boy midfielders.

In effect, they are both 'half-excellent' players. Again, I'll reiterate...this doesn't make them bad players, it just means they are not the kind of players you need in a promotion-chasing team (if this is indeed our aim next season).

Even the best players in the world aren't good at everything. What you've said about King reminds me of Paul Scholes - excellent at passing, excellent at shooting, excellent footballing brain, but absolutely shite when it comes to making decent tackles. Now while I'm not trying to argue that King is anywhere near on the same level as Scholes, would you describe Scholes as being 'half-excellent' under that criteria?

The ball retention stat is very good.  King is vastly underrated, which is a shame.

Just like Dyer.

Sorry ...completely disagree !!

These two have had more than their chance with us .Six half-decent games per season is simply not good enough !

Time to ship them out ....they badly need replacing !

Even the best players in the world aren't good at everything. What you've said about King reminds me of Paul Scholes - excellent at passing, excellent at shooting, excellent footballing brain, but absolutely shite when it comes to making decent tackles. Now while I'm not trying to argue that King is anywhere near on the same level as Scholes, would you describe Scholes as being 'half-excellent' under that criteria?

Scholes might have the same attributes as King, but Scholes obviously has these attributes at a much, much higher/better level which is why he played for one of the greatest clubs in the World all his career.

Scholes might have the same attributes as King, but Scholes obviously has these attributes at a much, much higher/better level which is why he played for one of the greatest clubs in the World all his career.

I understand that, but my point is that even the world's best aren't the world's best at everything. Even with his flaws, King is a very good Championship midfielder, and certainly one worthy of being in a promotion chasing team.

I understand that, but my point is that even the world's best aren't the world's best at everything. Even with his flaws, King is a very good Championship midfielder, and certainly one worthy of being in a promotion chasing team.

Oh yeah, I agree with that. I wouldn't personally say King isn't good enough for a promotion chasing team. (But I would say Dyer isn't good enough).

The fact that 18 months after his arrival NFP still continues to regularly pick Dyer says it all for me.

We need a better left back and a better left winger, definitely.

The fact that 18 months after his arrival NFP still continues to regularly pick Dyer says it all for me.

The fact that he got the most assists in the team this season says it all for me ..

Realist. 

Realist because he thinks that Dyer and King aren't good enough for the championship?! I am sorry; I'm all for difference of opinion but that is what of the most clueless things I have heard. You may not think that they're great players but at the absolute worst they're decent championship players and their records justify that.

Realist because he thinks that Dyer and King aren't good enough for the championship?! I am sorry; I'm all for difference of opinion but that is what of the most clueless things I have heard. You may not think that they're great players but at the absolute worst they're decent championship players and their records justify that.

You keep telling yourself that & everything will be OK. 

#deluded

Archived