Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

TWIH: Little's Grand Entrance

I liked Brian Little. Did a terrific job given the resources and squad he had. Even though he soured it by upping sticks to Villa, I can forgive him that and I still look back on his time here in a favourable light.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I think the first away game under Little was Swindon? We won and it sparked a pitch invasion.

Me and mi mates knew that something special was finally being delivered at City that season and it essentially laid the foundations for the MON years. The most successful era the club has really ever had.

Little, like MON had a knack of making an obscure signing into a valuable member of the team.

Remember that word... Team... Not a squad full of talented individuals but a group of lads knowing their roles and responsibilities and punching above their weight. This epitomised the teams of both Little and MON.

Regarding them leaving for bigger clubs.. That's football.

Those were the days. Little wrung every last drop out of his players. Everything was left out on the pitch. The team spirit helped us to compete with, and beat, sides with far more talent.

Team spirit is the most potent weapon a manager can have in the armory.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I think the first away game under Little was Swindon? We won and it sparked a pitch invasion.

Me and mi mates knew that something special was finally being delivered at City that season and it essentially laid the foundations for the MON years. The most successful era the club has really ever had.

Little, like MON had a knack of making an obscure signing into a valuable member of the team.

Remember that word... Team... Not a squad full of talented individuals but a group of lads knowing their roles and responsibilities and punching above their weight. This epitomised the teams of both Little and MON.

Regarding them leaving for bigger clubs.. That's football.

Your right,that first game against Swindon you could sense that we were finally coming out of the doldrums.as for the game did we not draw 0-0 that day?

Guest MattP

I was only a wee boy but the times around the Little era really were fantastic. Every away game was a real day out, really grew me up in a way and showed me what football could be.

Some of the nights at Filbo were superb under him.

Guest bss9401

I enjoyed Little's team/era. We had shape, were consistent and aggressive. We did not have any big money players and it seemed like the whole City were behind them all of the time. I remember Charlton away when we took over Upton Park. We lost that day and were gutted but we went on to be totally behind the team through the play offs. I know that it was not the best team we ever had but I loved the spirit.

We drew 0-0 away at Swindon 1st game, which indeed did finish with a tiny pitch invasion!

Loved Brian in his time here, got the best out of average players and was a tactical genius in many a big game for us including the play off semis against pompey

Yes great memories of Littles sides, especialy winning at wembley after all those years of heartache losing there. I still class beating Derby that day as the best day of my footballing life.

But then he got ambition mixed up with ability. He lied and he shit on us there is not other way to say it and in the end got what he deserved at Villa. He never recovered. But still while he was here they were great moments to be a city fan as he " started the wave "

Yes great memories of Littles sides, especialy winning at wembley after all those years of heartache losing there. I still class beating Derby that day as the best day of my footballing life.

But then he got ambition mixed up with ability. He lied and he shit on us there is not other way to say it and in the end got what he deserved at Villa. He never recovered. But still while he was here they were great moments to be a city fan as he " started the wave "

You can't blame him for leaving us to join Villa, it was a step up career wise and a club he had an affiliation with!...It was just the way he left, and of course the sun's back page story the day he was due back with villa didn't help

You can't blame him for leaving us to join Villa, it was a step up career wise and a club he had an affiliation with!...It was just the way he left, and of course the sun's back page story the day he was due back with villa didn't help

Sorry tom but the way he left us was disgusting. He told a blatent lie saying he was leaving us to take a break away from football then immediately signing for Villa thus trying to avoid Villa paying us compensation. As it turned out he was signing his very own managerial death warrant and went down hill from there on. It's called poetic justice. :thumbup:

Yes great memories of Littles sides, especialy winning at wembley after all those years of heartache losing there. I still class beating Derby that day as the best day of my footballing life.

Well said Flowy

Archived