Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

The Napoli Project

The problem is with the amount of money in the premier league compared to other leagues. These business men don't want to buy an over priced premier league club so they are now looking at championship clubs and funding them to get into the premier league. Foreign owned championship clubs was unheard of 3 or 4 years ago but next season;

Leicester

Watford

Reading

QPR

Notts Forest

Sheffield Wednesday

Millwall

Birmingham

Blackpool

Blackburn

Leeds

All willing to spend millions to get into the premier league.

lol  lol  lol

Two of those clubs have the tightest millionaires in the CCC. Remember reluctant Mandy splashing the cash? Blackpool being the other.

B'ham are skint. So unless their owner gets out of jail, they be spending nothing.

When did Milwall get money? 

Millwall are owned by the yanks and they have some money. Birmingham are only skint because the chairman is being investigated for fraud. If they get cleared then they will be a force. Blackpool is a fair point.

I don't think u need to spend millions to get into the prem, ok it helps but look at Hull and Crystal Palace. Hull went up with 2 thirds of the team being Pearsons team and excluding speroni, the Crystal palace team cost under 1.5m!

I think we have some quality players now but I believe the team spirit was better when we made the play offs three years ago and that team didn't cost no where near as much to put togethe.

I'm guessing forestieri was happy with the arrangement. I think it will really kick off when one of the players, possibly Vydra, feels he is being forced to go to Watford when he could get a better deal somewhere else.

Fair point - we certainly wouldn't want somebody here who doesn't fancy it - had more than enough of those types over the years!

More of an issue might be the agents - Vydra's for example was talking about top clubs being interested etc during the season...and then he went 11 games without scoring!

So far I don't think anyone has actually been transferred between the clubs yet, but I'm sure any dealings will be looked at especially with Watford's transfers being checked by the FA after previous dodgy dealings.

The difference is that someone like Vydra is going to become a wanted man, to loan him to Watford he doesn't really have a choice, go or sit in the reserves, if they try to sell him to Watford then he, or his agent, aren't going to be happy if it is a cut price deal, or another club is willing to offer much more than Watford.

I think there might be some more fuss kicked up as some of these transfers start getting pushed through.

Fernando Forestieri was the first to convert his loan into a permanent deal with Watford.  Vydra will be staying at Watford next season unless a big bid comes in and when I mean big bid something in excess of 12m as that was the sum rumoured to be offered by Spurs in the January transfer window.

Apparently all the players who moved from Udinese or Granada did so voluntarily.  Few were established first team players,  Vydra as an example had only played 4 first team fixtures in the previous 3 years because of injury..

The rules will hopefully change because what Watford is unfair and actually morally wrong to have that much of an advantage over every other club in the league. luckily even with their advantage they couldn't go up. But the rule MUST be changed so it can't happen again. I would hate it if we ever did this.

Is it any more unfair than a rich owner coming in and buying success?  Is it fair what Man City and Chelsea have done ?

Interesting discussion with "fair" and "unfair" being banded about.

Football is business and if you play within the rules then it is fair.  I've got no problem with what Watford did.  We played the loan system and had our spell in administration.

The practical difficulty is that the Football League don't have the staff to police the FFP system and there will always be clubs challenging the boundaries of the rules.  Lawyers and accountants are paid to do just that and I would expect (and hope?) that the Thais will do their best to do whatever is legally possible.

Agree - what is fair! Alot of teams may not liked what Watford have done but they haven't broken any rules and are willing to do what ever it takes to get out of the league. Thanks to foreign ownership Leicester have spent the most in the last two seasons, (all be it, on rubbish like vardy). Might other clubs look at Leicester as the Man City of the championship and feel they r buying success???

Agree - what is fair! Alot of teams may not liked what Watford have done but they haven't broken any rules and are willing to do what ever it takes to get out of the league. Thanks to foreign ownership Leicester have spent the most in the last two seasons, (all be it, on rubbish like vardy). Might other clubs look at Leicester as the Man City of the championship and feel they r buying success???

We didn't spend the most in transfers last season by any means. Wages might be a different matter.

What success have we bought? lol

Archived