Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

The Napoli Project

Napolis chairman has reportedly suggested he wants to buy an english club and appoint his own manager and use a similar system of loans and transfers as watford this season.

Now i know our owners properly arent looking to sell and napoli will be looking to pick up a club on the cheap.

However i know most have slagged watford. But how would you feel about such a deal.

Maybe our owners could look to enter talks regarding potential seria a stars joining on loan or on the cheap with buy back clauses for a small stake in our club.

I personally think there should be regulations in place to stop owners owning multiple teams. It should be a conflict of interests regardless of what countries they're in.

Seems like too many ways to get round FFP by using one club as the bank and another as a benefactor. 

Wouldn't want it here, don't want it anywhere. 

They are changing the rules to stop what Watford did last season from happening again

I'm aware they want to stop the high number of loans but how far will they go and how can they stop the transfer of players for nominal sums. The league can't dictate a players market value.

These people are worth millions. You really think the league can tell them how to spend the money.

I'm aware they want to stop the high number of loans but how far will they go and how can they stop the transfer of players for nominal sums. The league can't dictate a players market value.

These people are worth millions. You really think the league can tell them how to spend the money.

The FA and by extension UEFA & FIFA have to clear all transfers they could stop collision if they want to

I hope the Watford fans are now seeing what they have started. The rules will mistly be changed and then most likely will hindered hard pressed clubs who need players and the loaning of younger players or players looking to regain fittness.

On top of this if players are not transferred at realistic vaules it will make a mockery of the FPP. I don't see the the FL will sit back and allow this to go unchecked but what the final outcome will be lord knows.

I personally think there should be regulations in place to stop owners owning multiple teams. It should be a conflict of interests regardless of what countries they're in.

Seems like too many ways to get round FFP by using one club as the bank and another as a benefactor.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it, although I don't think Pozzos/Watford did it to get around ffp, obviously it could, but their main goal was get a club into the prem and get a nice slice of the bumper tv deal.

rules need to change! Fans here think Nigel is a poor manager (i don't by the way)  Zola is a joke for a manager! Can't get a serie A team promoted from the Championship!!!! Enough said...

I suspect they'll keep the maximum number of loans currently allowed for British Leagues but include all foreign leagues making an all inclusive total no matter where they're loaned from. 

I think you'll find that we've done it already....Army United FC.  :ph34r:

I wouldn't want that to happen at all.

It tampers with current rules, spoils the essence of the sport and gives some teams a rather unfair (albeit still somewhat legal) advantage over others.

Plus, you never know for how long one team can profit from those loanees before they're called back or sold on.

Watford showed that these foreign players can have an immediate impact on a club's fortunes, but I doubt that more clubs would be able to sustain such a level of performance within one single season or beyond that.

I can't see it having a long-lasting positive effect and I'd rather support a club with its "own" players and a club that gives its youth players a chance to shine on a regular basis.

Its all well and good if Watford managed to get promoted, but then what? Any good players they had would be farmed to Udinese. Once they got to a certain level they couldnt progress. Imagine how frustrating it would be if we had an England international come through our youth team and rather then receiving the usual 20 mil that sets you for life they get shipped to the  originally owned club for free. Its a very short game strategy and I want to avoid it and hope others do to, as lets be honest it does make the playing field a little unlevel 

I hope the Watford fans are now seeing what they have started. The rules will mistly be changed and then most likely will hindered hard pressed clubs who need players and the loaning of younger players or players looking to regain fittness.

On top of this if players are not transferred at realistic vaules it will make a mockery of the FPP. I don't see the the FL will sit back and allow this to go unchecked but what the final outcome will be lord knows.

I believe they are limiting it to 2 players from any non FA or FAW memember club, so domestic loans will be uneffected

I think you'll find that we've done it already....Army United FC.  :ph34r:

Hah, it quite possibly may be some sort of FFP scam.

It could also just be shameless self promotion in Thailand for marketing purposes.

Its all well and good if Watford managed to get promoted, but then what? Any good players they had would be farmed to Udinese. Once they got to a certain level they couldnt progress. Imagine how frustrating it would be if we had an England international come through our youth team and rather then receiving the usual 20 mil that sets you for life they get shipped to the originally owned club for free. Its a very short game strategy and I want to avoid it and hope others do to, as lets be honest it does make the playing field a little unlevel

I'm not convinced that would happen, these are business men and there is more money in the premier league. They would try to keep the club in the league minimum.

Archived