Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hairy

Amazon Autorip

Great new service from amazon.co.uk.

You can now download from their site mp3s of the CDs or records (vinyl) that you bought from there. Judging by my list of downloads it extends back a long way but doesn't include stuff I bought through the market place sellers only directly from them.

If you buy records not all come with download codes so this is great for that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=nav-sa-music-games-film-tv?ie=UTF8&node=2614978031

Does this apply to physical releases you've bought through them?  I can only see the downloads, and I've never bought many of those

Yes, cds and records. You have always been able to download a download purchase as many times as you wanted with amazon.

Go to the page I linked in the first post. To the right on the first line of blurb it says your Cloud Player, click on it and it should then come up with the list that is available to you. Tick the boxes and download.

Does this mean if I bought a physical album I could get the download of it straight away before it's delivered, or does it only become available when it's despatched? Sometimes I'm buying music because I want it now, but doing it this way I can imagine I'd buy a lot more physical copies and it doesn't really make any difference to the band or the label, since once I've bought it, it would be copied to the PC anyway. Liking this.

EDIT: Having read it, this is apparently what it appears to say.

Thanks for this!

I can now listen to the NOW Christmas album whenever i like! Bit disappointed that was all to be honest - the rest of my Cd buys must have been from independent sellers!

Archived