Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supedaj

Leveins view on first team

I'm happy to hear him say williams and hughes will be in the middle together. Ive wanted this ever since charlton away. We looked so good going forward.

148905[/snapback]

But whose gonna be the defensive midfielder? I think that every team needs a midfielder that needs to protect the back line. You see this with all succesful clubs...Keane, Vieira, Makalele!

That isn't actually a quote though is it? Just what whoever has written the article thinks.

148956[/snapback]

Oh , I just saw that and assumed levein must have said that as the writer never said it was their own opinion.

Its a mix between the two. There are leveins comments throughout part of it but the basis I assume may be on what levein has said during the interview/chat?

You are right though Louise, it isn't his quotes all the way throughout..

if you have a solid back 4 then why waste another player to cover that already solid back 4? Ok against the Norwich and Palace fast attacking lethal strikers yer maybe but there arent that many strikers in this league who will pose us a threat if we can defend properly :)

IMO if you play high up the pitch with fast defenders you don't need a defensive midfielder.

148960[/snapback]

And when the opposition are on the attack, we do.

I have a feeling kisnorbo can attack like williams or hughes. CL is bringing in players that can do the range of things a player in any one position needs to do.

For example, a full back getting down the wing like ashley cole does.

We dont have a ashley cole, but in this division we do in maybury, and thats the kind of thing central midfielders need in their locker.

Tiatto is a similar example, he can defend and attack and has bags of energy and will give us his all, thats why hes captain.

I read on the OS how kisnorbo sees his game, a 100 percenter!

We are going to need both Williams and Hughes in centre midfield IMO. Why I believe Connolly will have a better season this year and go past the 20 goal mark, I am worried about De Vries. De Vries isn’t going to score with every chance he gets, but he’ll score sooner or later if you give the bloke enough chances. That’s why we need both Williams and Hughes in centre midfield. They will create more chances between them than any of the other centre midfielders’ partnership we could play. With players like Hughes and Williams in the team we have a better passing team. If you pass the ball well, you generally don’t lose possession of the football, hence you can’t get scored against.

Leicester’s problem isn't actually defending, even if it was slightly suspect at times last year, we actually lack the distinct ability to score goals. We didn’t as such play a hard tough tackling centre midfielder last year and didn’t a lot of goals. IMO the back 4 actually looks a lot stronger this season; however LB would still be a primary concern for me.

In the event that we do wish to play a defensive midfielder, we’ve got Kisnorbo at the club now. We haven’t seen him play yet, so for all we know CL might have opted to use Kisnorbo and Wesolowski in centre midfield this year.

Archived