Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stockyfox

Let's accentuate the positive.....Another win away!

Tonight’s win was possibly more significant and more important than that last Saturday because the whole fixture represented a huge proverbial banana skin, set against the background of last year’s embarrassing league cup defeat.

But what a tonic! First two games of the season - with so many positives - both ‘away’ – winning both 2 – 1 - must give the  players encouragement and boost their confidence and cultivate a growing belief in themselves and their ability.

And this tonic must spill over to our genuine fans and is a terrific response to those Jonahs who seem to derive their particular pleasure by continually wailing so much negativity in the belief that their doom and gloom will somehow result in LCFC becoming a truly successful club.

So it’s a great start. Roll on next Sunday and Leeds and everybody else. I am going to enjoy this season.

Thank you Nigel – you are doing just fine!

Tonight’s win was possibly more significant and more important than that last Saturday because the whole fixture represented a huge proverbial banana skin, set against the background of last year’s embarrassing league cup defeat.

But what a tonic! First two games of the season - with so many positives - both ‘away’ – winning both 2 – 1 - must give the players encouragement and boost their confidence and cultivate a growing belief in themselves and their ability.

And this tonic must spill over to our genuine fans and is a terrific response to those Jonahs who seem to derive their particular pleasure by continually wailing so much negativity in the belief that their doom and gloom will somehow result in LCFC becoming a truly successful club.

So it’s a great start. Roll on next Sunday and Leeds and everybody else. I am going to enjoy this season.

Thank you Nigel – you are doing just fine!

I'm really glad the first 2 games were away after the ridiculous reaction to the pre-season games. Now, after 2 away wins some of the fans that were turning will be in a more optimistic mood for our first home game. A few more wins and the doom and gloom might disappear altogether and hopefully get replaced by optimism and hope not expectation and pressure

Amazing post stockyfox. Like I said in a previous thread, when the FANS are OPTIMISTIC it feeds back into the squad and lifts their game whether it be in the stands or on these forums, it makes a huge difference.

Completely agree about the fans mood effects the players. In the 1st half at Mbrough the players were finding it tough to break them down and the reaction of some of our fans was a joke. Heard shouts of "Get it forward now!", "put your foot through it" etc and the players resulted to long ball and it made matters worse.

There was a bloke near me who literally spent the entire 1st half abusing our players, didnt hear 1 positive thing come out of his mouth. "St Ledger your ****ing shit", "Drinkwater I've seen pensioners quicker than you", "Wes you fat ****** move for the ball", "Pearson you couldn't organise a piss up you ****". He was an absolute disgrace to Leicester fans. I don't see what people like him get out of going to games it's like he didn't want us to do well. Luckily he moved for the 2nd half as we lost it with him towards half time.

Archived