Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Do we actually like any of our players?

I dont dislike any of our players. Even Gallagher or Marshall when he was here.

I just don't think some of our players are as good as is sometimes made out.

Yeh it's this really.

For example, I actually really like King, he is one of my favourite players, but people probably think I don't because I feel he is given too much praise for certain aspects of his game and people seem to turn a blind eye to some of his poorer performances or sometimes the frequency of them.

Also Dyer - I don't see why people can't love him (which I can understand) but still accept that he's crap.

I can't say I dislike any of our current players, some I don't rate or I think are overrated though.

I was thinking about this the other day, I wouldn't say I have a favourite player. Maybe I'm just more cynical than I used to be, or wiser. Love all men but none too much kind of thing.

For me there are two ways for a player to be 'liked' by the fans

1) Be consistently great.  Lennon, Izzett and Elliott were 3 of the most popular players in the O'Neil days primarily because they were brilliant players. Obviously we have no one even close to their level currently but I think its fair to say our current most popular players are Morgan and Kasper. Not surprisingly they are also currently our best.

2) Be a character.  Savage, Taggart and Marshall were good players but not close to the previous O'Neil players I mentioned.  They were in some ways though even more popular because of their look and personality.  Savage had the long hair and that wind up merchant attitude on and off the pitch.  Taggart looked and acted like he spent most of his free time down his local pub and Marshall looked like he came straight to the ground from a cardboard box under a local bridge!  Again our remaining current crop of players arent as good as the ones ive just mentioned but there not terrible. They are though a charisma free zone. King, Wood, James, Drinkwater, De Laet. Drones the lot. Not a drop of personality between them.

All in all a squad mostly made up of half decent but inconsistent players with no discernible character is not gonna find themselves universally liked by all the fans.

I hate all of the players; I hate NP and Shaky; I hate the owners; I hate all of the fans and all of their mothers; I hate the colour blue and I hate football. Haters gonna hate! What else have you got?

Don't particularly like footballers full stop.

Generally uneducated arrogant buffons with a few good eggs thrown in.

Put to shame by other sportsman in the way they treat fans .

We seem to have some ok ones though. Lloyd and Kasper seem nice guys. Some of them are total cocks though.

Fans will always back player who puts in a 100% we've had quite a few un-gifted players that have had great backing from the fans based on this. Big time Charlie's that disappear or sulk will always take heat. King and dyer as stated have taken criticism based on performance but I fail to believe our fans have ever disliked them at any point. Dennis wise however I always hated that cross eyed little cvnt

Don't particularly like footballers full stop.

Generally uneducated arrogant buffons with a few good eggs thrown in.

Put to shame by other sportsman in the way they treat fans .

We seem to have some ok ones though. Lloyd and Kasper seem nice guys. Some of them are total cocks though.

Generally this

Archived