Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Do we actually like any of our players?

Other clubs seem to have fans favourites, we seem to have a squad where every single player is critisised at every opportunity.

As soon as there is the slightest mistake we turn on them, King, Dyer, both played over 200 games for us and love the club.

Nugent top scorer so far this season and for the last 2 seasons.

Kasper team of the year last year for the league saves countless penalties.

Yet all have received over the top criticism on here recently, what are we looking for? What has a player got to do to make some of you lot happy?

I think most of our team are 'liked' by the majority of the fans, but sometimes I feel that we expect far too much from our players. 

We are sometimes slightly deluded as to how talented we can expect players to be in the Championship, and lose sight of the gulf in class between

this league and the Premiership. Nevertheless, a lot of people pay good money that contributes to their wages, therefore a bit of criticism is justified when 

they don't perform. i.e. It's besides the point that Kasper has saved us a million times before, most goalkeepers in sunday league teams would be disappointed

if they dropped the one he did against Doncaster. 

I neither like nor dislike our current players. They are merely tools, paid to bring the fortunes of Leicester City hopefully higher.

So you don't identify with the team at all? Why not just ignore the games we play and just look at the league table at 5:00 every Saturday? That's all that matters after all.

I don't understand how you can support a club and refuse to have any kind of relationship with the people who represent it. Leicester City is not simply a list of achievements, it's also about how those rewards were won and the whole purpose of being a football fan is to experience that with the team.

Find it rather annoying that some people can be so damning in their criticism of individuals. I don't identify with that way of thinking at all and find myself liking nearly all of our players.

This!

I have my favourites  and preferences on who should play. But I support anyone who puts on our jersey as long as they are still trying to be successful for us. 

I like some of our players, but they are all still worth criticism at times.

I just think people don't/can't get 'attached' to players anymore. Throughout history, people would feel attached to the likes of Walsh, Izzet, Heskey etc... But the times where players stay loyal to one club and stay when the club is relegated etc is over imo.

The fact that Walsh, Izzet, Elliot etc, who are still around the club today despite being retired/leaving the club years ago is amazing. I honestly can't see any of the current squad doing that in the future (Moore is the only exception I can think of).

This!

I have my favourites  and preferences on who should play. But I support anyone who puts on our jersey as long as they are still trying to be successful for us. 

Joking aside, I think this applies to most of our fans Lambert, however the passion does cloud peoples judgement at times! :P

The problem we've had for several years is a very high turnover of players of whom many have been mercenaries. There were times that I wouldn't even have been able to put a name to some of the faces in the starting eleven. Now we have a more settled squad I think that relationship is coming back. A bit of success will speed the process up no end.

Other clubs seem to have fans favourites, we seem to have a squad where every single player is critisised at every opportunity.

As soon as there is the slightest mistake we turn on them, King, Dyer, both played over 200 games for us and love the club.

Nugent top scorer so far this season and for the last 2 seasons.

Kasper team of the year last year for the league saves countless penalties.

Yet all have received over the top criticism on here recently, what are we looking for? What has a player got to do to make some of you lot happy?

Is criticism not allowed on a FORUM?

Archived