Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Do we actually like any of our players?

I dont dislike any of our players. Even Gallagher or Marshall when he was here.

I just don't think some of our players are as good as is sometimes made out.

This.

For me I praise players when they do things well, I'm always open to being proved wrong and am more than happy to be proved wrong.

However when a player plays poorly I will critisise them for doing so, I don't care if they're a fans favourite or not, I'm not gonna sit there and ignore a poor performance.

Obviously not ever player is going to be brilliant and perfect every game, I accept that, but I will note and state when i'm not happy with how a player has played, likewise if they play well I will note it, praise them and want to see the same in the future.

Talking of fans favourites - I'll never forget the time Hume came back to play against us, the fans loved him, it was like he still played for us, our fans were supporting him more than the players in our own team, that really did wind me up. TBH he wasn't even that good imo, just the best of a bad bunch at the time - Anyway that's another story.

I like most of our players .... Really rate a few and think a few are poor.

I'd think that this view goes for the majority and for the majority of football fans across all clubs. But we do have some people on this forum that seem to be unable to communicate without using highly emotive language and therefore seem to "hate".

There are also plenty of others that see any form of criticism as "hate" too.

I like most of our players .... Really rate a few and think a few are poor.

I'd think that this view goes for the majority and for the majority of football fans across all clubs. But we do have some people on this forum that seem to be unable to communicate without using highly emotive language and therefore seem to "hate".

There are also plenty of others that see any form of criticism as "hate" too.

I tend to agree that we do have some really good players, and some very average players to.

But this forum does have a higher number of people who choose to use the word ' hate' if somebody has a different opinion to them,other than a couple of silly posts, all I have seen from posters is constructive evaluations of players performances/ form, but in here it means they are haters to many.

I come on here to talk/ debate what's happens at the club I support, and dislike some posters on here who don't like somebody else's opinion, and resort to name calling, like calling people morons,so do I have to hate them because I disagree with them.

And if we didn't have different perspective's on the manager, players, and the club, this forum would be pretty pointless.

I like kasper, wes, konch, kingy, nugent, james.

Love knocky.

Are they flowers, elliott, lennon, heskey, muzzy etc. No.

And as forest are still allowed to live in 1979 then i can still love the mon era.

But i'm sure most reasonable city fans like most players that wear the colour and the badge. Shame thats the minority tho!!!

Maybe the title would be more suitable if you changed 'like' to 'rate'.

Only really see people slagging off performances....which in reality has nothing to do with whether you like a player or not.

E.g.  I really don't like Cristiano Ronaldo, but i rate him as the second best in the world.

Maybe the title would be more suitable if you changed 'like' to 'rate'.

Only really see people slagging off performances....which in reality has nothing to do with whether you like a player or not.

E.g. I really don't like Cristiano Ronaldo, but i rate him as the second best in the world.

3rd.

Messi, knocky........

I like kasper, wes, konch, kingy, nugent, james.

Love knocky.

Are they flowers, elliott, lennon, heskey, muzzy etc. No.

And as forest are still allowed to live in 1979 then i can still love the mon era.

But i'm sure most reasonable city fans like most players that wear the colour and the badge. Shame thats the minority tho!!!

Any of the city players will always get my support on under the right conditions, firstly they always give it 100%, and secondly they have the right attitude towards the club and it's supporters.

Wether they are world beaters or not I think that's all any of expect.

City managers in the past have have achieved success on a limited budget, by having good to average players who were committed to the manager, club and with the right attitude, the same cannot be said for some of the arrogant employees, with big ego's we have had the Mis fortune of having to endure over recent years, who couldn't careless about much else, other than their over inflated pay checks.

Up to my thirties I had my favourites,Youngy,Lineker then Alan Smith,Gary Mac,Gary Mills Mark Draper ,Joachim,Walshy,Eilliott,Lennon,Izzet,moving on Brian Deane,DIckov...moving on a half hearted mention for Knockaert,nobody else even gets a mention that's probably because overall the standard of player at our club in the last 10 years has been uninspiring

I ****ing love anyone who puts on a leicester shirt and tries their best. I will still criticise them or say they shouldn't be playing if that's what I think. Seriously though **** anyone who dislikes any of our players who are committed to the cause. They don't deserve the stick they get for a bad performance or two. I never feel worse about being a leicester fan than when I hear boos ringing out at the KP just because a bit of poor form. And anyone that slates our players on twitter is no fan.

NP alluded to the fact that everyone currently at the club want to be here and wants the club to do well. I get that impression when watching us play and I'd say that I have done since the start of last season, even if it hasn't all gone along smoothly. I think the fact that they want to be here makes a big difference as to whether I like our players. I like everyone in our squad tbh. I certainly can't think of anyone that I dislike.

My most preferred players are Nugent, King, Dyer, Morgan and Knockaert. Although I think that we sometimes think that Knockaert is better than what he is, he's certainly a potential game changer and has alot of potential. If he stays here for a while, he could well become a real fans favourite.

I think the worst thing with our fans is the way that once a player has a bad run of form, it's like they can never, ever shake it.

Take Vardy for example, I'm not going to pretend I was impressed with him last year, because I wasn't. His work rate was excellent but his technical ability was non-existent far too often. But the results didn't lie and I say this for Whitbread as well - the results with Vardy and Whitbread in the team were better than the results with Wood and Keane in the side, and by a distance too, so how bad were they?

The point I'm making here, Vardy becomes almost a dreaded name. He's started this season pretty well (although he's gone downhill again IMO), but I'd argue the majority had completely written him off and whilst I didn't think he'd come back and be a regular in the team, I was more than prepared from a fans point of view to see him given another chance and I'd say a lot of our fans at the time weren't. The problem is, he'll always have this hanging over him and with a lot of our fans there's simply no way back.

So you don't identify with the team at all? Why not just ignore the games we play and just look at the league table at 5:00 every Saturday? That's all that matters after all.

I don't understand how you can support a club and refuse to have any kind of relationship with the people who represent it. Leicester City is not simply a list of achievements, it's also about how those rewards were won and the whole purpose of being a football fan is to experience that with the team.

I agree with this but at the other end of the scale I also can't stand it when our fans completely arselick players who couldn't give a shit about the club (not naming names) with blatant complacent, undetermined performances for the sheer fact they play for Leicester and nothing else.

I sometimes think this is sometimes especially in the spirit of the club.

We support players who are nicknamed the Foxes but at the start of games we play a Fox Hunting tune and play in blue which is used by a political party which also likes to hunt foxes. It seems we like to eat our own at times. You can tell Ive obviously thought this through alot :ph34r:

I don't think this question applies now, would've been a lot more suited under the Sven era because I often wondered that.

It's hard to take to players who came here for the money and nothing else.

I'm not saying this current lot are all massive LCFC fans but give me this lot over some of the nobheads Sven signed.

The problem we've had for several years is a very high turnover of players of whom many have been mercenaries. There were times that I wouldn't even have been able to put a name to some of the faces in the starting eleven. Now we have a more settled squad I think that relationship is coming back. A bit of success will speed the process up no end.

This is definitely part of it and is the main reason I didn't have any particular favourite and identified more with Andy King than any of the others, simply because he'd been here the longest.

Now though, I love Dyer's attitude towards the club but my favourite is Morgan.

For me its also about the passion they show for the club.

With most of the players apparently "wanting" to be here and most of them looking like they are doing their best, whats not to like.

Young Moore's breakthrough and badge kiss etc...is a true delight though.

Archived