Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

Fosse boys?

They had to start somewhere.

Not sure how they started it all off to be totally honest but I'd be interested in knowing how - Palace's support's been completely transformed and whilst I think there've been a lot of occurrences in the past few years which is bound to unite their fans, they've become one of the best travelling sets of fans in the country in my opinion. Numbers don't match ours, but vocally they absolutely piss all over us now and they were nothing different from QPR/Charlton a few years back, average London club with disappointing support. Quite an amazing transformation.

I'd love ours to go back on the up because it's been on the slump for a while

i think it would help so much if we had filbert street. wish we had it still :(

What I'd like with our away support is where every fan stands, from the front row to the top, unfortunately we'll never achieve this as there's too many people unwilling to stand, but these people still choose the top rows!? Surely these people must know that other fans are going to stand and then they have the cheek to get arsey with people blocking their view.

At derby i thoug

What I'd like with our away support is where every fan stands, from the front row to the top, unfortunately we'll never achieve this as there's too many people unwilling to stand, but these people still choose the top rows!? Surely these people must know that other fans are going to stand and then they have the cheek to get arsey with people blocking their view.

at derby and forest we always all stand and at a few away games we all do stand, dont see why some people want to sit down tho

I'm all for standing, but saying people should stand, and not understanding why they choose not to isn't going to get you anywhere. Some people prefer the view from the back, but prefer to sit (my dad), and some people prefer the view from the front but wish to stand, it's personal preference.

I'm all for standing, but saying people should stand, and not understanding why they choose not to isn't going to get you anywhere. Some people prefer the view from the back, but prefer to sit (my dad), and some people prefer the view from the front but wish to stand, it's personal preference.

I appreciate that, but when people get annoyed that everybody else is standing is frustrating because that's what you've got to expect in the top rows.

This whole fosse boys issue, still boils down to the fact that they isolated themselves from day one. If they had chose to join l1 and joined a section that already had vocal section they may have made headway, but they isolated themselves from the start.

they should just accept that football fans stand and always will do

Nice one, how are 80 year old men able to stand at games? in the days of pens, there were barriers to lean/sit on. Old folk were often doing this. There is zero ability for this anymore. I like standing, but if i am in the way of a smaller person or older folk and they ask me to sit, i will, its called courtesy...

This whole fosse boys issue, still boils down to the fact that they isolated themselves from day one. If they had chose to join l1 and joined a section that already had vocal section they may have made headway, but they isolated themselves from the start.

You completely miss the point of the group in the first place - to try and get a vocal section going outside of L1, rather than all bar that one block being completely dead week-in, week-out...

You completely miss the point of the group in the first place - to try and get a vocal section going outside of L1, rather than all bar that one block being completely dead week-in, week-out...

Nope i still think it was a massive ego trip.

We only had the kop at filbert st and that worked. I didn't decide to fight against it by suggesting to all my mates we go set up a group in.the east stand!!

We only had the kop at filbert st and that worked. I didn't decide to fight against it by suggesting to all my mates we go set up a group in.the east stand!!

And the difference being that the kop was never season ticket only - L1 is good, but the season ticket only stuff has and will continue to stagnate it - you don't get the odd-matchers sitting nearby, joining in and deciding to come back: they've got to commit to a full season or **** off; the kop - particularly SK1/SK4 doesn't have that problem, it's comparatively quite cheaper (still extortionate mind) and can host floating fans.

As it is, a singing section in the kop would be great - I can only really afford to do games during uni holidays, L1 is out of the question for me, but a section in the kop where I could get tickets for 1 or 2 games over christmas, or that 1 game the weekend I'm home? Great, where do I pay? The Fosse Boys didn't work out for many a reason, but I would argue it was never an ego trip or a clique, my experiences of the group were fairly grounded, if idealistic chaps who were perfectly welcoming.

Definitely wasn't the case for me and I'd stake everything I own on it not being this for any of the other ex-members.

Archived