Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

Fosse boys?

Like I said on another thread recently, the Kop is hopeless until it is made a safe standing area. Respect to Dan for trying but I'm with Freemen's Wharfer on this, for the time being it's not going to work.

Still, I get fed up with K now and again, it's far from perfect but if we're trying to create an atmosphere it's the best bet.

Ill personally kill you if they ever make l block sit! Seriously though it is a bit retardish you saying that. It's great youre doing what you are as well as dan. But we're lucky and I'm incredibly appreciative of the stewards and club for allowing L block to happen still.

even if they did you just ignore them lol

Well obviously because it'd be easy to do so en masse. The club realise that should they ever decide to force l and k to sit they'd lose hundreds of STHs. People only go in that area to stand and sing and having to buy a STH in order to do so is what comes with the territory of having the privilege. That's certainly true in my case, I'd not be a STH if L block wasn't purely for STHS

Yeah in hindsight it's easy to see that getting involved in any sort of politics was naive and unnecessary. But these were young lads, trying to improve the atmosphere both home and away with no experience of how an 'Ultra' group should be started. It's no surprise they sought out some of the more well known groups across Europe, who often happen to be political, for guidance.

Let's not pretend they failed because they were political though. They failed because they went a bit gung-ho with the club and demanded too much, too early. With little to no support coming from other fairly bewildered (some fairly idiotic, it has to be said) fans then it was always destined to be crushed early doors.

I agree with your point about an Ultras group being open for all (well, nearly all) but I also believe they should stand up for fan rights and openly support campaigns like Safe Standing, 20s plenty etc as it is clearly directly correlated to the way they can support their team.

I firmly believe the only way to improve the atmosphere at the KP is to form an Ultras-style group over a number of years, which means compromising with the club at times.

Any such group almost certainly couldn't be situated in L1 for 'security' reasons. Not sure it would make sense for an Ultras group to stand in one of the most expensive parts of the ground, either.

The Fosse Boys found the right place in the ground and fundamentally their idea was a nice one, they just didn't execute too well. I hope one day a group learns from their experience because it's the way forward.

Being young isn't an excuse for turning upto a English football match with a Argentine mass murderer on your flag. How do you know Leicester doesn't have a couple of Cuban exiles among the fanbase? Should they have to turn up to a game and witness people waving a flag of a man who possibly executed their families? Of course they shouldn't.

It was clearly a combination of reasons as to why they failed but had I seen that flag at one of our games I would have had more than a word I'd think. Keep it out of football be it left, right or whatever, we don't need that and have no history that allies us to any of it. Reading the thread they knew which groups to seek out, they didn't land on Celtic and St Pauli by accident.

I agree their is a market for this and it could work, it would take a huge effort mind and working with the club and helping to change attitudes inside of it before any of that starts.

Whilst Kev Barcaly is in charge I honestly think it's an impossible task though, he clearly hates anything and anyone that wants to enjoy football in a different way to how he sees fit and the heavy handedness of his hired goons isn't going to go away while he is in charge.

Good point on price, how about buying up the top of a JTT section for a game at the end of the season, get everyone in early doors and get the place packed, that would be a possibility. Next to SK1 as well.

Being young isn't an excuse for turning upto a English football match with a Argentine mass murderer on your flag. How do you know Leicester doesn't have a couple of Cuban exiles among the fanbase? Should they have to turn up to a game and witness people waving a flag of a man who possibly executed their families? Of course they shouldn't.

It was clearly a combination of reasons as to why they failed but had I seen that flag at one of our games I would have had more than a word I'd think. Keep it out of football be it left, right or whatever, we don't need that and have no history that allies us to any of it. Reading the thread they knew which groups to seek out, they didn't land on Celtic and St Pauli by accident.

I agree their is a market for this and it could work, it would take a huge effort mind and working with the club and helping to change attitudes inside of it before any of that starts.

Whilst Kev Barcaly is in charge I honestly think it's an impossible task though, he clearly hates anything and anyone that wants to enjoy football in a different way to how he sees fit and the heavy handedness of his hired goons isn't going to go away while he is in charge.

Good point on price, how about buying up the top of a JTT section for a game at the end of the season, get everyone in early doors and get the place packed, that would be a possibility. Next to SK1 as well.

He isn't anymore, at least not of hands-on match day operations.

Individial politics of our former members to one side for a moment, did you ever actually see a Che Guevera flag in the ground? I certainly don't remember one and I was a hell of a lot closer.

We had plenty of old koppites join us at the start of that season, and I have no idea if they were left or right wingers. Politics weren't discussed or overtly displayed except maybe one or two of LCFC-ARAB's t-shirt choices. Once we snuck (LCFC-themed) flags into the ground, the stewards clamped down on us with ticket checks etc and numbers dwindled because fans could no longer freely come up to us to see what we were about. Then, of course, we're accused of being closed and the idea died from there. Hull at home that season was our finest moment, and the closest we came to what we wanted to achieve. Two weeks later, Preston was the death of the group. Politics had nothing to do with it.

Politics of our former members to one side for a moment, did you ever actually see a Che Guevera flag in the ground? I certainly don't remember one and I was a hell of a lot closer.

Well no, didn't you get that from the fact I said "Had I seen that.....?"

I went through the old Fosse Boys thread and saw a photo of a banner with LCFC and Che on, so whilst I didn't see it at the ground I don't think it was done to be waved at a Grand Prix.

I think MattP is spot on about the whole politics thing - that shouldn't have been attempted to be imposed onto our fanbase at all considering Leicester City has no real political history - as well our fanbase being made up of a mixture.

But lets not pretend that that's the reason they failed, the majority brushed them off because they were a bit different. I agree, a bit too different, but I think their main aim was the same as a lot of ours, even if they did go about it the wrong way.

As I say, we're no real exclusive group, we're just a group of mates with a few common beliefs, but all we're bothered about doing really is raising the noise at the ground. The advice is appreciated and so is the support too.

Well no, didn't you get that from the fact I said "Had I seen that.....?"

I went through the old Fosse Boys thread and saw a photo of a banner with LCFC and Che on, so whilst I didn't see it at the ground I don't think it was done to be waved at a Grand Prix.

Sorry, I elaborated further in the edit. I think you're throwing around some misconceptions. Don't forget this was a bit of a project of passion, and an experiment and plenty of flags and merch were designed or created that never actually got used. I have no idea if they ever were going to be.

Che Guevera wasn't a mass murderer, he was a freedom fighter ? That's what I got taught anyway

Depends where you go in the World.

Don't say he's a freedom fighter if you're ever in Miami.

Sorry, I elaborated further in the edit. I think you're throwing around some misconceptions. Don't forget this was a bit of a project of passion, and an experiment and plenty of flags and merch were designed or created that never actually got used. I have no idea if they ever were going to be.

What was actually acquired? Do any of you still have them? Out of interest.

Sorry, I can only comment on what I read and saw in the thread. I barely remember the Fosse Boys.

DanLCFC's post a few before is spot on about what we should be aiming for.

Politics has no places in the Walkers, it only causes seperation.

Unity, singing, flags, standing, tifos is the way forward and if it happened I'd be delighted to join it.

What was actually acquired? Do any of you still have them? Out of interest.

I never actually got around to making any flags, all I have is the short-lived 11-12 scarf and a couple of stacks of stickers. I think weasel still has the huge banner. As for the flags, there was a blue and white stripe flag with the Fosse Boys fox stenciled on it, a two-tone black and light blue one, and another of design I can't remember, plus anything that was the original thread. I don't know if any of it still exists.

Sorry, I can only comment on what I read and saw in the thread. I barely remember the Fosse Boys.

DanLCFC's post a few before is spot on about what we should be aiming for.

Politics has no places in the Walkers, it only causes seperation.

Unity, singing, flags, standing, tifos is the way forward and if it happened I'd be delighted to join it.

And that was all it ever got to. I can't speculate on the intentions of others.

Depends where you go in the World.

Don't say he's a freedom fighter if you're ever in Miami.

Ok just read abit in him and you're right. He's a murderer, but is that just american propaganda ? I I don't get why people like Mike Tyson and Diego Maradona have him tattoed on themselves. What does he stand for regarding the ultras ? Alot of Italian have him on flags and in Maradona book, he makes him out to be a a Argentina hero.

Ok just read abit in him and you're right. He's a murderer, but is that just american propaganda ? I I don't get why people like Mike Tyson and Diego Maradona have him tattoed on themselves. What does he stand for regarding the ultras ? Alot of Italian have him on flags and in Maradona book, he makes him out to be a a Argentina hero.

He's a hero to some and a villian to others like virtually every famous person in the World, do some reading and make your own mind up :)

I'm off out for a beer. lol

P.s I wouldn't take moral advice from Maradona or Tyson.

I think MattP is spot on about the whole politics thing - that shouldn't have been attempted to be imposed onto our fanbase at all considering Leicester City has no real political history - as well our fanbase being made up of a mixture.

But lets not pretend that that's the reason they failed, the majority brushed them off because they were a bit different. I agree, a bit too different, but I think their main aim was the same as a lot of ours, even if they did go about it the wrong way.

As I say, we're no real exclusive group, we're just a group of mates with a few common beliefs, but all we're bothered about doing really is raising the noise at the ground. The advice is appreciated and so is the support too.

I think you should start up a thread on here telling people about it

I never actually got around to making any flags, all I have is the short-lived 11-12 scarf and a couple of stacks of stickers. I think weasel still has the huge banner. As for the flags, there was a blue and white stripe flag with the Fosse Boys fox stenciled on it, a two-tone black and light blue one, and another of design I can't remember, plus anything that was the original thread. I don't know if any of it still exists.

And that was all it ever got to. I can't speculate on the intentions of others.

Cheers. Don't think we'll be going down that kind of route yet but who knows. Part of me wonders if it's worth us moving to L or N.

I think you should start up a thread on here telling people about it

Not really sure there's a great deal of point and if it has anything about it, then people inside the ground will start to pick up on it all anyway. I think it's improved since the first home game already, if I'm completely honest. Think you do get a few around us joining in now and credit to all of them.

Appreciate advice though.

Not really sure there's a great deal of point and if it has anything about it, then people inside the ground will start to pick up on it all anyway. I think it's improved since the first home game already, if I'm completely honest. Think you do get a few around us joining in now and credit to all of them.

Appreciate advice though.

You know what palace did with the Homsdale fanatics, there amazing, how did they start? or have they been there for ages?

You know what palace did with the Homsdale fanatics, there amazing, how did they start? or have they been there for ages?

They had to start somewhere.

Not sure how they started it all off to be totally honest but I'd be interested in knowing how - Palace's support's been completely transformed and whilst I think there've been a lot of occurrences in the past few years which is bound to unite their fans, they've become one of the best travelling sets of fans in the country in my opinion. Numbers don't match ours, but vocally they absolutely piss all over us now and they were nothing different from QPR/Charlton a few years back, average London club with disappointing support. Quite an amazing transformation.

I'd love ours to go back on the up because it's been on the slump for a while now.

Archived