Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

Fosse boys?

I'm one of them. We aren't the Fosse Boys nor do we intend to be, however we're a group of mates who'll go every game and do what we can to try and get the Kop going and make an atmosphere. Not expecting anything quickly, but slowly I think it could get better up there, I was impressed with the reaction of the fans around us when the stewards were on us - pretty much all shouting in support of us, that was class.

Numbers fluctuate a little but who knows.

I'm one of them. We aren't the Fosse Boys nor do we intend to be, however we're a group of mates who'll go every game and do what we can to try and get the Kop going and make an atmosphere. Not expecting anything quickly, but slowly I think it could get better up there, I was impressed with the reaction of the fans around us when the stewards were on us - pretty much all shouting in support of us, that was class.

Good luck but the only time you will get the KOP going are songs like "You don't know what your doing" aimed at the ref or "Come on Leicester, Come on Leicester" 

I used to be at the top of SK1 more behind the goal though, I moved to N1 and this is my second season up here and I honestly say N1 is a better atmosphere than when I was on the top row of SK1. But after heavy handling stewards this season I may look to move next season but I do want to stand. If you can persuade some fans I may join your or just go L1 or K1 next year. 

Thats great! love hearing stuff like this, to many fans are just prepared to sit down and let others create an atmosphere, wouldnt it be great if we got the whole kop standing up and singing and the start of the game! might join you lads one time

All in favour of what you're trying to do but can I give you some advice?

If a steward asks you to sit down, dont get into it with them. Dont point at L1 and get people around you going. Dont argue and turn it into an us and them situation. Just sit down for a few minutes. Then when something happens in the game, stand up and stay standing until they ask you to sit again then repeat the process.

Eventually, the steward will stop asking you to sit down as the ony alternative is to kick you all out and they wont do that.

90% of the stewards are just fans that want to watch the game and be paid for it rather than buying a ticket. They are told to ask you to sit but its an order that the only consequence is ejection if ignored and the first directive of the stewards are that ejection is a last resort only.

If you argue you'll only bring unwanted attention to yourselves.

We always argue in N block and so far so good, he comes up once or twice in the game and says "Can you all sit down please!"  "its the health and safety law" blah blah blah

then normally we argue and say get L block to sit down and we will or the 5 fans standing in the away end that don't get asked to sit down. Then the stand up if you love Leicester chant happens and he goes back down saying "you're all on CCTV"  

Good luck but the only time you will get the KOP going are songs like "You don't know what your doing" aimed at the ref or "Come on Leicester, Come on Leicester" 

I used to be at the top of SK1 more behind the goal though, I moved to N1 and this is my second season up here and I honestly say N1 is a better atmosphere than when I was on the top row of SK1. But after heavy handling stewards this season I may look to move next season but I do want to stand. If you can persuade some fans I may join your or just go L1 or K1 next year. 

I agree. I've accepted our support is nowhere near what it used to be but that doesn't mean it can't be changed.

The one thing that really, really pisses me off is when our fans mock the other teams support. I'll use an example - Derby in the cup, OK, I'm not talking about numbers, but they were vocally as good as anyone we've had here in years. Their 2k absolutely pissed on our entire ground for noise until we equalised, and guess what I hear? "your support is fvcking shit", I'll probably be told to lighten up but I cannot get my head round it, it's not one bit funny and it's just embarrassing.

To be completely fair though - I think it's actually got better in general this season. KP is still a morgue most days but away from home it's been improved.

Thats great! love hearing stuff like this, to many fans are just prepared to sit down and let others create an atmosphere, wouldnt it be great if we got the whole kop standing up and singing and the start of the game! might join you lads one time

The Kop isn't a Kop in anything other than name. I've been in SK3 before, about half way up, and it's literally on a par with the quiet bit of the East Stand.

Feel free to join. There's no group mentality about us (One of the FB's mistakes IMO), just a group of mates who'll unite with anyone to help improve the atmosphere at our ground.

All in favour of what you're trying to do but can I give you some advice?

If a steward asks you to sit down, dont get into it with them. Dont point at L1 and get people around you going. Dont argue and turn it into an us and them situation. Just sit down for a few minutes. Then when something happens in the game, stand up and stay standing until they ask you to sit again then repeat the process.

Eventually, the steward will stop asking you to sit down as the ony alternative is to kick you all out and they wont do that.

90% of the stewards are just fans that want to watch the game and be paid for it rather than buying a ticket. They are told to ask you to sit but its an order that the only consequence is ejection if ignored and the first directive of the stewards are that ejection is a last resort only.

If you argue you'll only bring unwanted attention to yourselves.

To be totally honest, I'm not sure what got said. I was near it all but it wasn't actually me doing the arguing until right at the end where one came up to me and said "can you lot just sit down until we've got to the bottom of the stairs then you can stand again" and he just walked off, so that never happened. I genuinely do feel for stewards because to me it was pretty clear that they weren't at all bothered about us standing as we're obstructing no-one's view, they're just under stupid orders.

I can see what you're getting at because it has just occurred that it was against Barnsley this happened, and we haven't played at home since - so I wouldn't put it past the stewards to return a bit stronger this time.

Honestly do wish you all the best with that. As a kid I only ever used to sit in the Kop at Filbo and used to have my season ticket in SK2, about three-quarters of the way up. Eventually got sick of so few people singing, being told to sit down if I stand for a corner etc. I eventually moved to J3 a couple of seasons ago and enjoy it so much more there. 

Hope you're able to pick things up there! 

And herein lies exactly the problem....

"There's a few of us trying to get the Kop singing. Hopefully more will join"

"I'm in N Block and it's getting going a bit this year"

"I stand at the back of SK1 and once upon a time the atmosphere was alright there"

"I might go over to L1 or N Block next year"

The biggest problem at LCFC is not a lack of people wanting to stand and sing. It's a lack of co-ordination! Making little pockets anywhere other than L and K is going to get you nowhere other than grief from stewards and disillusioned at what you perceive as the lack of people that want to sing like you do. The simple thing to do is GO TO THE AREA WHERE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY STANDING AND SINGING RATHER THAN CREATING SPLINTERS!

Say 10 people join N Block from L1, all it achieves is diluting the L1 singing power and slightly adding to another area which is never going to get the numbers that L1 and K gets standing and singing because those areas have been established and growing for the last decade. Accept it people, unless the club switches the Family Stand and the Kop (which will never happen) the only way we're going to have a great atmosphere is if people commit to bulking up the numbers in L and K and not detracting from them.

As someone who moved from the Kop to L1 about 6 years ago I wouldn't actually want to be anywhere else in the ground now. You can stand hassle-free, the view from the side of the pitch is so much better and there are high numbers of people who want to sing - if you don't want a season ticket, all this applies as much to K as it does L (if not more so these days). Yes there are a few unsavouries in there but no worse than you get at any football match or away game. Besides, the biggest problem with L1 is the old biddies from bout row W downwards who sit with their flasks and blankets. Replace them with those currently in N Block and those standing in/near the Kop and you'd have a great section.

Agreed but the only reason people don't one into N block is because its named the family stand, if they swapped the KOP and N block became SK1 a lot more people would join. At the end of the day it's only a name. But I may join L block next season but its shame we couldn't swap the people at the top of N block for the people who sit down at the bottom of L block

Agreed but the only reason people don't one into N block is because its named the family stand, if they swapped the KOP and N block became SK1 a lot more people would join. At the end of the day it's only a name. But I may join L block next season but its shame we couldn't swap the people at the top of N block for the people who sit down at the bottom of L block

I moved to the back row of SK1 last season. Can't say the atmosphere is that bad, and the lads near me are always up for a good sing song. Before I relocated, I tried moving to N block but the ticket office wouldn't sell me tickets as I don't have a child.

I moved to the back row of SK1 last season. Can't say the atmosphere is that bad, and the lads near me are always up for a good sing song. Before I relocated, I tried moving to N block but the ticket office wouldn't sell me tickets as I don't have a child.

just think it depends on who sells you tickets, there are over 18s with no children in our block.

Sitting down at football is literally the worst thing you could do!! No but seriously, why sit down? Why not stand, shout, and sing and back your team? I wish I could go every week. But when I do get up to leicester I make sure I sing my heart out for the lads! Keep trying to create an atmosphere, I'm sure it'll pay off one day!

And herein lies exactly the problem....

"There's a few of us trying to get the Kop singing. Hopefully more will join"

"I'm in N Block and it's getting going a bit this year"

"I stand at the back of SK1 and once upon a time the atmosphere was alright there"

"I might go over to L1 or N Block next year"

The biggest problem at LCFC is not a lack of people wanting to stand and sing. It's a lack of co-ordination! Making little pockets anywhere other than L and K is going to get you nowhere other than grief from stewards and disillusioned at what you perceive as the lack of people that want to sing like you do. The simple thing to do is GO TO THE AREA WHERE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY STANDING AND SINGING RATHER THAN CREATING SPLINTERS!

Say 10 people join N Block from L1, all it achieves is diluting the L1 singing power and slightly adding to another area which is never going to get the numbers that L1 and K gets standing and singing because those areas have been established and growing for the last decade. Accept it people, unless the club switches the Family Stand and the Kop (which will never happen) the only way we're going to have a great atmosphere is if people commit to bulking up the numbers in L and K and not detracting from them.

As someone who moved from the Kop to L1 about 6 years ago I wouldn't actually want to be anywhere else in the ground now. You can stand hassle-free, the view from the side of the pitch is so much better and there are high numbers of people who want to sing - if you don't want a season ticket, all this applies as much to K as it does L (if not more so these days). Yes there are a few unsavouries in there but no worse than you get at any football match or away game. Besides, the biggest problem with L1 is the old biddies from bout row W downwards who sit with their flasks and blankets. Replace them with those currently in N Block and those standing in/near the Kop and you'd have a great section.

Can fully see your point here and I'm in agreement. I just don't think getting season tickets in L is that easy, is it?

I don't think it'd be bad having both L & N as if both could actually hear each other, they could sing almost at each other.

I noticed against Barnsly there were quite a few mans standing up where the Fosse boys use to stand, are they trying recreate something like it or is it even part of the old Fosse boys!

Just read the old Fosse Boys thread and thank god they didn't become big. Che Guevara flags and UAF (a group who gave a platform to Lee Rigbys murderers once) marches?

Who the fcuk did they think they were to try and attach Leicester City to that political ideology. No wonder it failed.

If you set up a ultras group for Leicester everyone should be welcome and it should be completely non political, we're a mixed supported middle England team. We aren't St Pauli, Celtic, Hansa or Lazio with a history aligned to any side.

Sadly standing and singing isn't going to be tolerated. Do it on mass in L block and they make it season tickets so they know who you are. Expect the same in N block next year after the heavy handed stewarding fails.

We always argue in N block and so far so good, he comes up once or twice in the game and says "Can you all sit down please!"  "its the health and safety law" blah blah blah

then normally we argue and say get L block to sit down and we will or the 5 fans standing in the away end that don't get asked to sit down. Then the stand up if you love Leicester chant happens and he goes back down saying "you're all on CCTV"

Ill personally kill you if they ever make l block sit! Seriously though it is a bit retardish you saying that. It's great youre doing what you are as well as dan. But we're lucky and I'm incredibly appreciative of the stewards and club for allowing L block to happen still.

Just read the old Fosse Boys thread and thank god they didn't become big. Che Guevara flags and UAF (a group who gave a platform to Lee Rigbys murderers once) marches?

Who the fcuk did they think they were to try and attach Leicester City to that political ideology. No wonder it failed.

If you set up a ultras group for Leicester everyone should be welcome and it should be completely non political, we're a mixed supported middle England team. We aren't St Pauli, Celtic, Hansa or Lazio with a history aligned to any side.

Sadly standing and singing isn't going to be tolerated. Do it on mass in L block and they make it season tickets so they know who you are. Expect the same in N block next year after the heavy handed stewarding fails.

Yeah in hindsight it's easy to see that getting involved in any sort of politics was naive and unnecessary. But these were young lads, trying to improve the atmosphere both home and away with no experience of how an 'Ultra' group should be started. It's no surprise they sought out some of the more well known groups across Europe, who often happen to be political, for guidance.

Let's not pretend they failed because they were political though. They failed because they went a bit gung-ho with the club and demanded too much, too early. With little to no support coming from other fairly bewildered (some fairly idiotic, it has to be said) fans then it was always destined to be crushed early doors.

I agree with your point about an Ultras group being open for all (well, nearly all) but I also believe they should stand up for fan rights and openly support campaigns like Safe Standing, 20s plenty etc as it is clearly directly correlated to the way they can support their team.

I firmly believe the only way to improve the atmosphere at the KP is to form an Ultras-style group over a number of years, which means compromising with the club at times.

Any such group almost certainly couldn't be situated in L1 for 'security' reasons. Not sure it would make sense for an Ultras group to stand in one of the most expensive parts of the ground, either.

The Fosse Boys found the right place in the ground and fundamentally their idea was a nice one, they just didn't execute too well. I hope one day a group learns from their experience because it's the way forward.

Yeah in hindsight it's easy to see that getting involved in any sort of politics was naive and unnecessary. But these were young lads, trying to improve the atmosphere both home and away with no experience of how an 'Ultra' group should be started. It's no surprise they sought out some of the more well known groups across Europe, who often happen to be political, for guidance.

Let's not pretend they failed because they were political though. They failed because they went a bit gung-ho with the club and demanded too much, too early. With little to no support coming from other fairly bewildered (some fairly idiotic, it has to be said) fans then it was always destined to be crushed early doors.

I agree with your point about an Ultras group being open for all (well, nearly all) but I also believe they should stand up for fan rights and openly support campaigns like Safe Standing, 20s plenty etc as it is clearly directly correlated to the way they can support their team.

I firmly believe the only way to improve the atmosphere at the KP is to form an Ultras-style group over a number of years, which means compromising with the club at times.

Any such group almost certainly couldn't be situated in L1 for 'security' reasons. Not sure it would make sense for an Ultras group to stand in one of the most expensive parts of the ground, either.

The Fosse Boys found the right place in the ground and fundamentally their idea was a nice one, they just didn't execute too well. I hope one day a group learns from their experience because it's the way forward.

I can't disagree with a word of this, totally spot on.

The FBs idea was a great one in principle, but I'm sure the lads who were involved (myself included) can now reflect and realise that we got a great deal wrong. Our PR was shoddy and some of our tactics naive, I've also argued before we tried to do too much too quickly. The idea of emulating left-wing, anti-racist Ultra groups on the continent was an attempt to distance the group from the misinformed notion of Ultras that many in England have of shaven-headed, Sieg Heiling hooligans but it was heavy handed and put a lot of people off.

Nevertheless, I firmly believe that a solid and secure Ultra group could work with long term, sensible planning by building a solid core first and then establishing a set of values and beliefs over time. The notion of working more closely with the FSF is a sound one too. 

I wish DanLCFC et al well in their venture.

Yep, that was good. Loudest we were all game tbh though aha!

Can fully see your point here and I'm in agreement. I just don't think getting season tickets in L is that easy, is it?

I don't think it'd be bad having both L & N as if both could actually hear each other, they could sing almost at each other.

Dan it's a complete myth mate trust me. Sure you wouldn't get you and 20 other mates a ST in L now, but two of my mates got half season ticets the Christmas just gone in L block. There are seats dotted around

It's not the only reason though is it? Like Freemans Wharfer said there already are unofficial though accepted standing areas. I like what you're trying to do up there but if you're hoping for an influx of L block people to wing their way to you you're mistaken.

People are really finicky about their ST seat and their view of the pitch which is the exact reason why there are still some singers (somewhere) still in the Kop and refuse to move to L & K. Likewise why should someone from L (maybe a 1000 standing on a good day where its accepted/ignored) and go over to N (where there may be 100 of you singing on a good day and it looks as if the club will soon put an end to) and risk losing ownership of their ST in L?

The best way for you and Dan to go about it is to ask if you can move your ST seat into L. I don't think you'll ever shift the old grannies at the front of L, but again the only way to try is to get in early when renewals come up in the summer.

Again I echo what Freemans Wharfer said regarding the view. I sat in the Kop many a time before having a ST and the view is absolutely crap compared to L.

Archived