Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Jamie Vardy

For me JV is one of the biggest assets we have here. However the role he is playing at the moment, he would be better as a winger cutting in... As his work rate is phenomenal, But unless he finds his goalscorers touch, and gets more wise to the better standards of defending, He will not score enough to keep wood out.

Love the guy, another hidden gem found by nigel, He is involved in everything.

Just want to see him get that goalscoring instinct back, see him play off the last man a bit more.

Wood and vardy for me.

He would be wasted on the wing!

He's been our best striker this season, has got the most assists this season, won a few penalties and scored the most in the league from open play. Putting him on the wing would be an insult to his hard work, effort and performances.

As for keepng Wood out, he has bren doing that since the start of the season. The one that should be worried about getting replaced by Wood is Nugent. Vardy is the first on the team sheet when it comes to strikers.

So yeah I agree with your last comment try Vardy and Wood.

He would be wasted on the wing!

He's been our best striker this season, has got the most assists this season, won a few penalties and scored the most in the league from open play. Putting him on the wing would be an insult to his hard work, effort and performances.

As for keepng Wood out, he has bren doing that since the start of the season. The one that should be worried about getting replaced by Wood is Nugent. Vardy is the first on the team sheet when it comes to strikers.

So yeah I agree with your last comment try Vardy and Wood.

I see what you are saying, but the problem with vardy is he doesn't score enough but he does work bloody hard, to utilise vardy's ability, He needs to sit on the last man, And we need a ball playing midfielder to start feeding him I.e wellens type player, someone with a killer pass... Yossi benayoun would do a trick for me..

He can get vardy through on goal and vardy will bag all day!! right now vardy is going up for headers (Albeit winning them) this is not his game... He's not a holding striker, I want to see him running at goal not running at a wall of defence!

IMO I think he could be very effective playing on the wing, he would get behind defences that's for sure.

I'd like to see Yossi benayoun in... play a 4-1-2-1-2

Kasper

De laet - Moore - Wes - Konch

Hammond/James

Knockaert                  Schlupp

King/Yossi

Vardy        Wood

(Or have schlupp one side of the wing, Dyer the other, Then play knockaert attacking mid, And drop Hammond or james for king, then mix the mid between those and drinkwater)

I really don't get the argument that he's not improved? How on earth could he have not?

He's playing at a higher level, around better players, better coaches, better facilities etc etc etc.

Babs has maintained, in the past I think, that plenty of players make the step up from Championship to Premiership players when they get promoted.

Well so has Vardy. As he himself has said, he's now become a better player.

To say that he's the same player as he was a year ago is a ridiculous argument.

IMO.

:thumbup: As previously stated Col I feel his strength, first touch, channel running and decision making have ALL improved. Fair play to the lad for working so hard and improving, long may it continue.

Hated him last year, actually did hate him! lol

Although I may from time to time slag players off, I don't tend to hate or dislike players but I really did dislike him last year and through no fault of his own, it was the persistence of him being played (Not his fault if he's picked, he plays, not really his fault).

When he first came I really want him to be our little gem we'd signed for the conference, other clubs have done it, they've hit the ground running, made the step up instant and became a real hit, this never happened, he was and I know some will disagree with me but i'm gonna say it, he was awful, I was fairly patient, I gave him time, then he kept getting played, again and again, I got pissed off and angry with that.

Anyway 1 year on and he's a new player brilliant, I take everything back what I said about him, he had abit of a dip for a few games before the international break I was abit concerned he'd gone back to his first season, but after yesterday looks like he came through his dip and he's back again.

In his first year I understood Conference to Championship was a huge step up but imo it looked as if he'd never played the game before and I just got frustrated with him and him being selected in the team.

Wood hasn't really been given his chance this year but with Vardy playing like he is and I know people have slagged Nugent off, who I personally think is playing ok, not great but not bad, he does a job for the team, I think Wood is going to be warming the bench for a while to come.

I still do think we are papering over the cracks with our strikeforce sometimes though, don't get me wrong, we are scoring, we are winning games but I dunno there is something not just quite right, I think we will struggle from time to time, it's hard to put my finger on but I don't think it's going to be prolific enough - It's not a criticism, just a concern.

Archived