Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Jamie Vardy

Guest CityFan 06

I thought Jamie Vardy was outstanding today, never stopped running and his goal was excellent. your thoughts on him today? :scarf:

Exactly the same player as the one early last year before injuries, but let us pretend it's he that had changed, rather that us being rash.

lol

The seeker of truth and justice...

I disagree with you on this.

He looks fitter, sharper, his first touch has improved AND he's acclimatised to the division, after the big jump.

All in all, he's NOT the same player as he was. Injury or not, he's a BETTER player this season. As I said he would be.

:thumbup:

lol

The seeker of truth and justice...

I disagree with you on this.

He looks fitter, sharper, his first touch has improved AND he's acclimatised to the division, after the big jump.

All in all, he's NOT the same player as he was. Injury or not, he's a BETTER player this season. As I said he would be.

You should probably watch the games from the start of last year again, I can lend you the videos if you want. You were a bit preoccupied blaming everything on not having a DM. Personally I'd recommend the Blackburn game as one to watch. No different. Great all round play, great work rate, some decent finishes, some rash snatched shots and a few poor touches. Typical really, but hey I'd expect nothing less of you than to jump on the nearest bandwagon.

Exactly the same player as the one early last year before injuries, but let us pretend it's he that had changed, rather that us being rash.

Absolutely, little has changed in his game. What might change is that he's likely to be given far more chances this season as he's gone above Wood in the pecking order and I think he's bought himself the luxury of not being dropped as soon as he has a bad game. For me he must start scoring more regularly though because somebody has got to do that for us, Nugent is on an atrocious run of form from open play. It's something like 2 goals in 30 and away goals it's about 4 goals in 50. I hope Wood isn't marginalised as the current front two are far from perfect.

Good start to the season though for Jamo.

You should probably watch the games from the start of last year again, I can lend you the videos if you want. You were a bit preoccupied blaming everything on not having a DM. Personally I'd recommend the Blackburn game as one to watch. No different. Great all round play, great work rate, some decent finishes, some rash snatched shots and a few poor touches. Typical really, but hey I'd expect nothing less of you than to jump on the nearest bandwagon.

Not jumping on any bandwagon Babs. I just don't agree with you. I see your 'time out' hasn't warmed you any?

Not jumping on any bandwagon Babs. I just don't agree with you. I see your 'time out' hasn't warmed you any?

lol Time out? Did Babs ban himself then? I actually lean more towards your viewpoint Col, however I can see where Babs is coming from. Personally I was always in the we were being far too harsh on JV. Definitely think he has significantly improved his strength, channel running and decision making this season.

Not towards people who twist things to fit their already decided opinion, no.

As I said, watch the first 9 games again from last year. His play is little different. In fact his GPG was better, 3 in 8 rather than 3 in 12, and I could improve that by including cup goals JB fans.

He's not really more superior than he was then, he's as capable of going on a dreadful run now as he was last year. He's a bit more experienced sure, a bit more wise maybe. But to make out he's vastly different is just wrong for me.

I think he's gained pace compared to last year and his first touch is slightly better.

He looked like a player used to having an extra second to make decisions last year and I suspect the advantage of having access to world class fitness coaches has improved his physical qualities. I'm not convinced he's as quality a finisher as many players in this league but his pace energy and work rate are worth something to the team and if he can reach double figures that will be enough in terms of goals.

He looks stronger this season and a better decision maker, probably due to the coaching having a word in his ear. His hustle bustle and pace is no different though. Hes definetly improved slightly but he was good last season and think its clear we gave up to quick on him. Delighted hes got another chance though and to be honest is our player of the season so far.

Oh and what a strike today, shows hes got it in his locker. If he gets 10 it will be a good total to compliment his all round work. Anything more and he would of had a great season. Keep it up JV.

Babs, I'm guessing you didn't see the interview with him from about a month ago where he himself says how much he has improved technically, mentally and physically. I'd say that it hasn't been a dramatic transformation but he looks quicker/stronger, more intelligent on the pitch and most of all, he looks more confident.

Not towards people who twist things to fit their already decided opinion, no.

As I said, watch the first 9 games again from last year. His play is little different. In fact his GPG was better, 3 in 8 rather than 3 in 12, and I could improve that by including cup goals JB fans.

He's not really more superior than he was then, he's as capable of going on a dreadful run now as he was last year. He's a bit more experienced sure, a bit more wise maybe. But to make out he's vastly different is just wrong for me.

I have to say his first touch seems a lot better than it was in that early season run of respectable form and his off-the-ball work, including tracking back (where his sloppiness cost us against Cardiff, and very nearly against Boro, I think), has improved.

I'm struggling to disagree with Babs.

I do think there is an improvement, but not a significant one by any means - I just think the role he plays was under-rated last year. We've always been a better side with him in the team and the results both this year and last year prove that.

VHS or Betamax?

Strkes me as a confidence player. Needs an arm round the shoulder, much like Waghorn.

I agree that there hasn't been a massive change in his application and work rate but there is a drastic change in his end result. I don't think he would've scored the goal he did yesterday last season, his decision making and first touch are the things that have improved most imo

I really don't get the argument that he's not improved? How on earth could he have not?

He's playing at a higher level, around better players, better coaches, better facilities etc etc etc.

Babs has maintained, in the past I think, that plenty of players make the step up from Championship to Premiership players when they get promoted.

Well so has Vardy. As he himself has said, he's now become a better player.

To say that he's the same player as he was a year ago is a ridiculous argument.

IMO.

I really don't get the argument that he's not improved? How on earth could he have not?

He's playing at a higher level, around better players, better coaches, better facilities etc etc etc.

Babs has maintained, in the past I think, that plenty of players make the step up from Championship to Premiership players when they get promoted.

Well so has Vardy. As he himself has said, he's now become a better player.

To say that he's the same player as he was a year ago is a ridiculous argument.

IMO.

I agree, he has clearly improved and even the lad himself says so!

For me JV is one of the biggest assets we have here. However the role he is playing at the moment, he would be better as a winger cutting in... As his work rate is phenomenal, But unless he finds his goalscorers touch, and gets more wise to the better standards of defending, He will not score enough to keep wood out.

Love the guy, another hidden gem found by nigel, He is involved in everything.

Just want to see him get that goalscoring instinct back, see him play off the last man a bit more.

Wood and vardy for me.

Archived