Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Underrating

Ricardo

I thought he looked good at times, We missed him when it came to saving pens haha! 

Zolt Laszco or something like that was`nt it ?

Who was that hungarian winger.?? He was with us at a time when we were so shite he looked like Ronaldo.!!!

Kalac ended up at Milan, although he really was rubbish.

What about that Hungarian winger, the one who wasn't Bori (name escapes me). I'm sure I saw him pop up in Serie A for Samodoria and he looked quite good. Apart from his first game he was very average here.

I always though Ullathorne was a great player, maybe underrated as he hardly played due to injury.

In reply to all 3, 36 apps for sampdoria!! could of potentially missed a trick with this lad 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zsolt_Laczk%C3%B3

That team of loanees in Sven s first season was class - loved watching them play.

The yak, naughton, Davies, Kamara. Great going forward.

Rarely get mentioned apart from negatives.

I miss them :(

And I wish I knew Michael fvcking johnson.... 

I'd give that prat such a kick up the Fcking arse, I'd force him to get fit and get his career back on track, just so leicester could sign him on a free, so gifted. 

Talking about Zsolt...

Zsolt - 

Laczkó made his debut in a 2–0 win over Coventry City on 12 January,[5]receiving a standing ovation from the home fans when substituted.[1] Then-manager Ian Holloway described him as "absolutely outstanding."[6] Laczkó made his only assist for the club against Norwich City on 16 February, setting up Stephen Clemence's goal in a 4–0 win

Only made 9 apps, talk about not giving someone a chance, he left us and olympiacos took him on trial, then ended up at sampdoria, were we pissed? 

Edit - He has 2 champions league goals to his name haha 

Kerrea Gilbert

The fact he plays for Maidenhead says it all.

Ricardo

Naughton Bruma Mee Van Aanholt

Vassel King Abe Dyer

Kamara Yakubu

The question is would you take that now?

Christ no, apart from Naughton and possibly a younger Yakubu.

Ricardo

Vassel King Abe Dyer

Kamara Yakubu

No. All very technically gifted players but some/most play didn't play for all of the 2010/11 season. Question is, would they turn up on a cold, wet Tuesday night in January? I think not. They wouldn't be anywhere near as consistent as the current crop, who are good, hardened championship players.

Ricardo

Vassel King Abe Dyer

Kamara Yakubu

No chance.

Far to lightweight for the majority of games in this division.

That defence would have conceded bag loads as well. I'd be shitting myself every set piece we faced.

I miss them :(

And I wish I knew Michael fvcking johnson....

I'd give that prat such a kick up the Fcking arse, I'd force him to get fit and get his career back on track, just so leicester could sign him on a free, so gifted.

Talking about Zsolt...

Zsolt -

Laczkó made his debut in a 2–0 win over Coventry City on 12 January,[5]receiving a standing ovation from the home fans when substituted.[1] Then-manager Ian Holloway described him as "absolutely outstanding."[6] Laczkó made his only assist for the club against Norwich City on 16 February, setting up Stephen Clemence's goal in a 4–0 win

Only made 9 apps, talk about not giving someone a chance, he left us and olympiacos took him on trial, then ended up at sampdoria, were we pissed?

Edit - He has 2 champions league goals to his name haha

Zsolt was brilliant that day,made even better because it was Cov ....do you remember the other hungarain who also played .

Ricardo

Vassel King Abe Dyer

Kamara Yakubu

I d have Curtis Davies at centre half. He was one of the best centre halves I have seen at City. Was great seeing him carry the ball out of defence - especially in his first few games.

Remember that guy bednar was hopeless though

Van Aanholt and Ben Mee....Underrated?! That's a good one.

Just when you think you've seen it all on FT.

Priceless.

lol

I was one who actually liked Van Aanholt, he was good going forward but a little shakey in defence, being it 3 seasons ago he must of become a good player

Mee on the other hand I didn't like as much, him and Bruma

This is what I cannot understand about Kerrea Gilbert.....

Read this:

For the 2009–10 season, Gilbert returned to Arsenal. He appeared in Arsenal's 2–0 win over West Bromwich Albion in the League Cup, playing the full 90 minutes. Kerrea also appeared in the 2–1 League Cup win over Liverpool. He also started in his first European game for four years, in an away fixture to Olympiakos, in what was the youngest ever team to play in theChampions League with an average age of 21, beating the previous record held by Ajax.

So after he left us he went back to arsenal, played in the first team against west brom, won... played in the league cup against liverpool, won.... played in the champions league...

3 years later he is at maidenhead?

Don't get me wrong he was never a world star, but how does someone go from being a quality championship rightback, playing his arse off, getting called up to arsenal champions league, premier league and league cup fixtures... 

To being rejected by every club he goes to after and ending up at maidenhead?? NOBODY CAN GET THAT BAD THAT QUICK??

Get him back sort him out pearson, would rather have a top form gilbert at rb as competition for De Laet so we could let moore play CB...

Gilbert had potential and looked good, if Pearson could get him back on track he would be a good addition. But he's now at that level for a reason

True, but can you remember anyone else who have gone from champions league football to THE 2ND TIER! of non league football in 3 years?

at 23 years old? (when his spiral started)

Archived