Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Underrating

This is what I cannot understand about Kerrea Gilbert.....

Read this:

For the 2009–10 season, Gilbert returned to Arsenal. He appeared in Arsenal's 2–0 win over West Bromwich Albion in the League Cup, playing the full 90 minutes. Kerrea also appeared in the 2–1 League Cup win over Liverpool. He also started in his first European game for four years, in an away fixture to Olympiakos, in what was the youngest ever team to play in theChampions League with an average age of 21, beating the previous record held by Ajax.

So after he left us he went back to arsenal, played in the first team against west brom, won... played in the league cup against liverpool, won.... played in the champions league...

3 years later he is at maidenhead?

Don't get me wrong he was never a world star, but how does someone go from being a quality championship rightback, playing his arse off, getting called up to arsenal champions league, premier league and league cup fixtures...

To being rejected by every club he goes to after and ending up at maidenhead?? NOBODY CAN GET THAT BAD THAT QUICK??

Get him back sort him out pearson, would rather have a top form gilbert at rb as competition for De Laet so we could let moore play CB...

Agreed, its like Pamela Anderson (in her heyday) turning into Ferne Britton overnight..

I was talking about Bruma.. Not sure we have any ex england centre backs in our squad....

Thought you were talking about PVA. He's also got a couple of caps hasn't he?

It's clear these guys had quality. And they finished much higher up the league than the team that Sven inherited. But I wouldn't take the majority back at the moment.

Ricardo

Naughton Bruma Mee Van Aanholt

Vassel King Abe Dyer

Kamara Yakubu

The question is would you take that now?

Considering they were god-awful away from home, I wouldn't.

Some of the stuff we played at home though was unreal. That's what added to my disappointment in 11/12, we actually regressed.

Considering they were god-awful away from home, I wouldn't.

Some of the stuff we played at home though was unreal. That's what added to my disappointment in 11/12, we actually regressed.

if we kept that team on loan again while adding the signing Sven did but we would of looked good. Imagine adding Kasper, Koncheskey, Nugent etc to the squad

if we kept that team on loan again while adding the signing Sven did but we would of looked good. Imagine adding Kasper, Koncheskey, Nugent etc to the squad

Problem is we wouldn't own hardly any of them and we'd still need to need build a new team from scratch every season.

Fundamentally the reason why Svens plans were hopeless.

No long term thinking, all short term cheque signing.

No team under Sven would be anything other than inconsistent.

Some of them were quality players. Yakubu was a great goalscorer, Abe was an intelligent player, Naughton was the best right back we've had in years & Kamara impressed me too at times. But just look at our away form. We lost 14 out of 23 on the road that year - relegation form.

I thought he looked good at times, We missed him when it came to saving pens haha! 

In reply to all 3, 36 apps for sampdoria!! could of potentially missed a trick with this lad 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zsolt_Laczk%C3%B3

Didn't suit the Championship and really not that good. Although will always remember him tearing Coventry City to pieces at home. Was funny.

Surely he cannot go downhill that much?? would you take him back if he could hit his top gear again? I would

There's a reason he's at Maidenhead. I think it's pretty clear you won't get that form back.

He was never outstanding either, though I must admit I'm very surprised at how poor he has actually turned.

Surely he cannot go downhill that much?? would you take him back if he could hit his top gear again? I would

Nope, De Laet, Wasilewski and Moore are all more competent right backs than he was when he was here.

Think a lot of people forget the bad games he had, I never rated him that highly.

Clearly a tosser as well, already numerous convictions for alcohol related offences, another one on the endless line of young players from Premiership academies who thought they had made it after a dead rubber League Cup/Champs League appearance.

Ricardo

Naughton Bruma Mee Van Aanholt

Vassel King Abe Dyer

Kamara Yakubu

The question is would you take that now?

Apart from King and Dyer who we currently have, I'd take Naughton and Yakubu all day long. I firmly believe that if Sven had signed Yakubu permanently, things would be a whole different right now.

I would take Naughton and Yakubu back. Though I doubt our fans would like him, all he did was score goals and not run around enough.

Bruma was an absolute bombscare at centre half, though he did look a bit better in midfield.

I remember Scunthorpe away Vitor scored 2 goals and got MOTM with a very good performance. Next game Sven dropped him and put Bruma in.

I would take Naughton and Yakubu back. Though I doubt our fans would like him, all he did was score goals and not run around enough.

Bruma was an absolute bombscare at centre half, though he did look a bit better in midfield.

I remember Scunthorpe away Vitor scored 2 goals and got MOTM with a very good performance. Next game Sven dropped him and put Bruma in.

VITOR!

Possibly the most underrated player we've had IMO...

He was held in very high regard by our fans, But Im sure he could of been 10x better had we signed him!!

I thought he could be EASILY prem class, but I think I just had a soft spot for him for some reason so could just be overshadowing his bad games?

Good post. I'd take Naughton back in a heartbeat. He was/is quality and it was clear to see.

Yakubu? I'm not sure... Yes, he scored goals but of the old-school opinion that a striker needs to contribute more to the side when he's not scoring. All strikers go through barren spells don't they. This is why I still want Nugent in the side. He may not be in his best goal scoring form but I think he adds pace and work-rate to a team which is currently doing so well.

I'd have a sniff at Ben Mee too. I rated him then, I rate him now.

Archived