Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nodsy

Benayoun

Agent: "Yossi, QPR want you but they're only willing to pay you a measly £20,000 per week"

Yossi: "Oh no! Is there anything you can do?"

Agent: "I've got an idea...."

Agent: "Tony, Leicester have just offered Yossi £21,000 per week. Now Yossi would love to play for you but he has to live doesn't he, so that extra money might make the difference, have a chat with Harry and get back to me"

Tony: "No problem, I'll call you soon"

Harry: "Alright Tone, what's this news on Yossi then."

Tony: "Leicester have outbid us for him, they're offering him £21k according to his agent"

Harry: "Well I need him Tone, I need him. My squad is devoid of quality and we're struggling up at the top. Offer him £90k per week, that should fend them off. It always worked at Portsmouth and Spurs!"

Tony: "Will do Harry, you're the wheeler dealer about the place"

Harry: "OI! I am not a wheeler dealer, fvck off."

Tony: "Right I know Leicester came in with £21k, but we're going to offer Yossi £90k per week.... and if it tips the balance then I'll throw in a million bonus for you securing the deal"

Agent: "I think we have ourselves a deal."

Agent to Yossi: "You won't believe what I just did..."

Hahaha, that's quality.

Agent: "Yossi, QPR want you but they're only willing to pay you a measly £20,000 per week"

Agent: "Tony, Leicester have just offered Yossi £21,000 per week. Now Yossi would love to play for you but he has to live doesn't he, so that extra money might make the difference, have a chat with Harry and get back to me"

Tony: "Leicester have outbid us for him, they're offering him £21k according to his agent"

Harry: "Well I need him Tone, I need him. My squad is devoid of quality and we're struggling up at the top. Offer him £90k per week, that should fend them off. It always worked at Portsmouth and Spurs!"

Tony: "Right I know Leicester came in with £21k, but we're going to offer Yossi £90k per week.... and if it tips the balance then I'll throw in a million bonus for you securing the deal"

That sounds like something similar to what Peter Risdale did when signing Seth Johnson.

The story of Johnson's contract negotiations with Leeds have passed into legend, a chilling damnation of Ridsdale's spendthrift regime. It goes as follows: Johnson had been earning £5,000 a week at Derby and his agent told him he wouldn't settle for less than £13,000 a week at Leeds. Ridsdale's opening gambit, however, surprised them both. "Right, I'm sorry, I can only offer you £30,000 a week," he said. Around the table jaws dropped in genuine shock. "Oh, all right then," said Ridsdale, filling the silence, "£37,000."

I know his name has been mentioned before but, Marc Albrighton's loan spell at Wigan has ended, would certainly add a bit of depth in the wide positions. 24 and a Premier League who has fallen off the radar. Would people be happy to see him here?

I know his name has been mentioned before but, Marc Albrighton's loan spell at Wigan has ended, would certainly add a bit of depth in the wide positions. 24 and a Premier League who has fallen off the radar. Would people be happy to see him here?

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

That was reading well until you let Harry say "devoid". It lost credibility at that point for me !! :)

Archived