Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

Inside information

Big Rab Douglas refuses to wear the new 'away' goalie kit because its orange and he's a strong Catholic. Looks like we won't be seeing the orange goalie kit in a hurry!

154125[/snapback]

Good! Dont like that kit! (Not for reiligous reasons though)

Some good information you bring to us Matt, any more?

And he parks in a disabled parking space at the walkers stadium! found that out last night :D

154126[/snapback]

has a nice car though! I think it was a Range Rover if i remember correctly, going by the number plate. Some nice interior!

Not sure. My Dad's mate who's not into football said that they both go to the same pub as him in Quorn but he wouldn't know them if he tripped over them. He said they were all ripping Gerry on the Saturday night after his sending off. Some of my mates have seen Rab walking round the village when they go to the shops at lunch.

Big Rab Douglas refuses to wear the new 'away' goalie kit because its orange and he's a strong Catholic. Looks like we won't be seeing the orange goalie kit in a hurry!

154125[/snapback]

Depends how long Douglas keeps the number 1 spot ;):ermm:

Whats orange got to do with being a catholic sorry if im being thick

154304[/snapback]

Aww Bless ;)

(In a nutshell) It dates back to when the first protestants left Scotland for Ireland. They were followers of William of Orange, and went to Ireland initially to seek the deposed Catholic King, who they eventually defeated. That is why the orange order still march today, and has been a point of much conflict between Irish Catholics and loyalist protestants. Many find the marches to be antagonistic (including myself), however, I take heart in the knowledge that the vast majority of people in Ireland now seek peace, and and end to their petty differences.

Thankfully peoples perceptions are always changing. I myself am all but married to a protestant girl despite being an Irish catholic, and this has caused no problems for anyone (As John Lennon said, Love is the answer). I find it a bit sad that Rab won't wear a shirt because of its colour, but equally I can respect it as the tensions between protestant and catholic are still extremely high in Glasgow where he has come down from. Often peoples minds are the greatest barriers to break down.

Lets just hope we can build on the drive for peace currently coming out of Ireland, especially in times likes these.

Jorg Albertz, ex Rangers, actaully got death threats from Rangers fans after he moved to a Club in Germany that wore green and white hopes!!!!!

That is how messed up the Old Firm are.

154466[/snapback]

lol

Shouldnt laugh but that is a bit extreme!

154125[/snapback]

Although i champion freedom of expression, im worried this could backfire with the `incitement to religious hatred law` set to come in.

We dont want him gaining a 7 year prison sentence :ermm:

A quite word in the shell-like is called for.

When I first read this, I went, "whoa, whoa, whoa! Did I not see Rab Douglass modeling Leicester's orange keeper shirt this summer?"

Then I remembered seeing a photo of Douglass with the new keeper shirts in the Blue Fox magazine--the article was about the new orange keeper shirt, but instead of wearing it, Douglass was wearing the silver one with the orange shirt on a hanger next to him!

I guess he's got his scruples!

Archived