Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Joe Hamill

We do need a left winger, but by all accounts this lad sounds abit like Jordan Stewart. Potential, but is a confidence player.

Hearts fans are saying he needs regular first team football, but with Tiatto here he won't get that. Well he'll get atleast 15 games from injury and suspension, but I think what Hearts fans think he needs is to be first choice to succeed.

I'd rather us try and get Stephen Pearson from Celtic.

I've just been reading that Jambos forum, jesus christ they don't half talk some crap.

I've never seen so many people talk above their station as much as them lot.

Don't get me wrong, since Levein has come here for some reason i've always look out for Hearts results and want them to do well but they suddenly think they are world beaters.

2 wins and a load of johny foreigners and they think they are starting the next revolution. Funniest thing i've read since Henri Camara said he'd be better than Thierry Henry. They seem to think that anyone with a dodgy ****in name is the dogs bollocks and players like Alan Maybury aren't good enough for them anymore. Hahahaaa them sweaties make me laugh.

They also think we'll struggle to stay up this season, another classic piece of insight in to the wonderful minds of Scotsman.

Pfft.

I've just been reading that Jambos forum, jesus christ they don't half talk some crap.

Don't get me wrong, since Levein has come here for some reason i've always look out for Hearts results and want them to do well but they suddenly think they are world beaters.

2 wins and a load of johny foreigners and they think they are starting the next revolution. Funniest thing i've read since Henri Camara said he'd be better than Thierry Henry. They seem to think that anyone with a dodgy ****in name is the dogs bollocks and players like Alan Maybury aren't good enough for them anymore. Hahahaaa them sweaties make me laugh.

They also think we'll struggle to stay up this season, another classic piece of insight in to the wonderful minds of Scotsman.

Pfft.

154678[/snapback]

having read their forum i now want to know what 'abit tippy tappy' is all about. lol

Almost a done deal then...

Hamill talks with Levein about switch

PAUL KIDDIE

HEARTS winger Joe Hamill was today on the verge of a dream move to England after opening talks with Coca-Cola Championship side Leicester City.

The 21-year-old has travelled south for talks with former boss Craig Levein having been told by Jambos manager George Burley that his first-team opportunities this season will be restricted.

The big-spending Gorgie chief has made seven signings since his appointment to the hot seat, with the squad now particularly well endowed on the left-hand side of the park.

The arrival of the likes of Czech internationalist Rudi Skacel and the presence of the experienced Jamie McAllister and David Cesnauskis has seen Hamill drop down the pecking order to such an extent that Burley is happy to give him the chance of finding some regular action elsewhere.

"We have got plenty of back- up on the left-hand side of the team now so we have agreed to let Joe speak to Leicester," he said. Levein, of course, knows the player well from his time in charge at Tynecastle and is an admirer of the youngster's ability to provide dangerous crosses from the left-hand side of the park.

Hamill signed a new one-year deal in the summer but would jump at the chance to reunite himself with other familiar faces at the Walkers Stadium, Levein having also poached Mark de Vries, Alan Maybury and Patrick Kisnorbo from the Gorgie club since taking charge of the Foxes last season.

"Joe knows Craig Levein well and, if the talks work out, it will be a good opportunity for the lad," added Burley.

Striker Michal Pospisil, meanwhile, came through Tuesday's reserve derby against Hibs without any reaction to his hamstring problem but will have to wait for first-team involvement.

The Czech star trained yesterday but Burley admitted that Sunday's trip to Tannadaice and the SPL meeting with Dundee United will come too soon for the forward. "Michal played 45 minutes against Hibs at Easter Road but is still a bit short of match fitness," said Burley.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1764362005

Like I said I hope he signs for you, I thought he did alright at Tynecastle but he's got no chance of edging Rudi Skacel out the team.

I'll repeat again if he is playing for you and the crowd gets on his back he'll disappear, he really needs some support which he seemed to have lost from the Hearts support. He has a habit of hiding in games. Although he does have undoubted talent, great vision, good dribbling skills. If he wants it enough he could become a great wee player.

Any other questions about him, just ask.

I can see what you mean about him not playing well with people on his back. When I played football for a team I was like that. Id play well, then just make a silly mistake then everyone gets on your back then you cant put a foot right cos your scared you will cock it up again.

Would Maybury De Vries or Kisnorbo get in your new look side?

I would take Maybury back and Kisnorbo maybe as a good squad player because he is so versatile. DeVries would get nowhere near our current 1st 11.

We've signed somenew strikers-

Egauras Jankauskas a Champions League winner with Porto- 6ft4, wins headers, good on the ground

Roman Bednar - a George Burley find, Czech Republic U21 int, 6ft3 quick moblie eye for goal, Burley says he is the best young striker he has ever worked with.

Its Official Now

Leicester City have completed the signing of 21-year-old winger Joe Hamill.

Hamill, who made 43 appearances for Scottish Premier League side Hearts last season, has signed a three-year contract with the Foxes and took part in his first training session earlier today (Thursday).

The youngster becomes Craig Levein's eighth summer signing, although the City boss was keen to play down his most recent acquisition.

He said: "We have brought Joe down here with a view to the future and he will initially be something of a fringe player.

"He is very much a raw talent at the moment, but he will add much needed depth to our small squad."

Hamill will be eligible to play in City's Championship clash against Ipswich Town on Saturday should he be selected, and has been handed the number 23 shirt.

From the OS

Pfft.

154678[/snapback]

Alan Maybury would be welcomed back with open arms at Tynecastle. :D

I admit, we are all very hopeful of some success coming our way and in George Burley we have a very good manager. Vladimir Romanov is allowing Hearts to sign players we'd never dream of signing. These players are no johny foreiners but quality players like Rudi Skacel and Takis Fyssas, a Euro2004 winner, so it's not surprising us Hearts fans are just a little bit excited!!

Finally, if Joe Hamill is typical of the standard of player you are currently signing, then I too would be worried for the forthcoming season.

Archived