Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Sylla Out For Ipswich Clash

I'd push Maybury up to right midfield and play Stearman at RB.

This situation had been raised by many of us (including me) when Canero was released - it meant we only had Sylla who could play right midfield and if he got injured (like he has done now) we would be screwed. Let's hope Levein's hastiness does not prove costly.

What about playing Stearman right mid?

He looked good going forward against Sheff Utd, he's got good energy and seems pretty talented - that way Maybury can stay at right back and the defence get a chance to play together again rather than more chopping and changing - and looking at the way they played in spells against Sheff Utd and Stoke they need all the time they can get playing together!!

I thought Elvis did look good against Stoke but I don't know if his fitness is quite up to it, he seemed to be knackered after a couple of times up and down the pitch!

Maybury right mid???

That wouldnt be good, dont play your best players out of position  ;)

154944[/snapback]

Easier said than done ;)

We don't have any other right midfielders in the squad (apart from Porter, who has not even played a competitive game for us) so whoever we play there - be it Stearman, Elvis etc - they will be playing out of position.

Even if we had Williams or Hughes available to play wide midfield, they would still be playing 'out of position'.

Easier said than done ;)

We don't have any other right midfielders in the squad (apart from Porter, who has not even played a competitive game for us) so whoever we play there - be it Stearman, Elvis etc - they will be playing out of position.

Even if we had Williams or Hughes available to play wide midfield, they would still be playing 'out of position'.

155054[/snapback]

Yes but I wouldnt consider Stearman as being one of our best players, so it wouldnt have a dramatic effect on the team that there would otherwise be if you played someone like connolly there. Then the whole team has to shift around too compensate. So I say if someone gets injured dont play someone there who will leave a gap where they would have done better. I would rather Porter play than upset the balance on the rest of the team ;)

It looks likely to be Elvis on the right then. Stearman can play there because he is obviously very talented, but Levein replaced Sylla with Elvis, so I'll go with that.

Archived