Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenFilbert

Mark de Vries

I have said all along that i think Mark de Vries will end up being a very good player for us. He started to show his potential on Tuesday against Stoke. He has also improved in the air which i didn't expect but i always saw potential on the ground. He can hold the ball up brilliantly and he dribbles his way out of trouble brilliant too. He's very good at chesting the ball down and turning and running on. He also played some good balls through too. What do others think of Mark de Vries? Him and Connolly look like a top class partnership in The Championship.

Totally agree with everything you said mate. :cool:

154965[/snapback]

What pleased me most was that he (and the rest of the side for that matter) shot on sight and we ended up with four damned good goals. He's got to keep being a bit selfish in front of goal/ same as Connolly not least because we have very few obvious goalscorers at City.

His hold-up play and passing were excellent but one thing he'll never be is a natural header. Generally in that department he looks like a duck out of water. But, it is something more to work on and improve and the manager is obviously helping by insisting the ball be played to feet and chest.

I think he will be a good player for us and a good partner for Connolly.

He has done good in the first 2 games and i hope he will be good for the rest of the season.

He just needs the fans to get behind him more instead of of callin him s*@t just because of a bad start

I think he will be a good player for us and a good partner for Connolly.

He has done good in the first 2 games and i hope he will be good for the rest of the season.

He just needs the fans to get behind him more instead of of callin him s*@t just because of a bad start

155063[/snapback]

They called him cos he was shit and he wasn't fit. Who says the fans haven't prompted him to start training a month early and put things right?. The fans have been fair enough. They don't like being short changed but they're appreciative enough when a bloke makes the effort and does his job well. Long may it continue.

They called him cos he was shit and he wasn't fit. Who says the fans haven't prompted him to start training a month early and put things right?. The fans have been fair enough. They don't like being short changed but they're appreciative enough when a bloke makes the effort and does his job well. Long may it continue.

155104[/snapback]

Mostly my reasons for calling him shit.

He had a great game against Stoke, lets hope he annoys the hell out of the Ipswich defence on Saturday. I dont think hes going to score a ruck of goals this season but will more likely distract opposition defenders and leave Connolly more space to score.

Who says the fans haven't prompted him to start training a month early and put things right?

You can't make somebody do something if they don't want to, especially MDV. He knew his performances from last season weren't as good as he can produce and he wanted to do something about it for himself. He wanted to prove something to himself aswell as the 'supporters'. He's an honest bloke and he didn't need people to boo him or call him a donkey etc to know that he wasn't up to scratch last season. He showed a good attitude to his own game and towards the club by starting training earlier. He and us are now getting the rewards.

His first two games have been encouraging, and I think more and more people are realising that last season's form was down to his lack of fitness. I think consistency and application are the key words for de Vries. He was known to be a little lazy in some games for Hearts, so let's see how it goes for him over the next few games.

I have said all along that i think Mark de Vries will end up being a very good player for us. He started to show his potential on Tuesday against Stoke. He has also improved in the air which i didn't expect but i always saw potential on the ground. He can hold the ball up brilliantly and he dribbles his way out of trouble brilliant too. He's very good at chesting the ball down and turning and running on. He also played some good balls through too. What do others think of Mark de Vries? Him and Connolly look like a top class partnership in The Championship.

154951[/snapback]

The opinions from the Jambos who posted last year on these and other Forums were generally very encouraging about MDV. A friend of mine who watches Celtic also rated him highly.

I like the guy's attitude, although his general confidence in himself and those around him will be the key to how well he plays, now he's fit. The last thing he needs is hassle from the fans if he's not hitting the net.

A really good start for him, though. :)

Thanks for the opinions. It is very interesting to here what other fans think of Mark. I say good luck to the big guy. He's a hard worker and seems very commited to helping us. He's not going to score loads of goals but i still think he's capable of scoring 15 this season. As long as he plays like he did against Stoke, it doesn't really matter. 2-1 against Ipswich i think. Will be a tough match but we can do it.

Mark was very unlucky up here in the last year with injuries- which hampered him seriously as his weoght ballooned!

Less than a year before you nicked him olympiakos almost took him for 500k, great player whos derby debut left him in good stead regardless of what he did.

He is unbelievably mobile and skillful for his size and sets up a lot of goals, you don't miss him or realise how much he does until he is out the team.

Archived