Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Birch to thank fans

Birch To Thank Fans

Alan Birchenall will be making a personal thank you to Foxes fans at Leicester City's Championship clash against Ipswich Town on Saturday.

With the help of City supporters, the Birch has raised over £600,000 for charity during the last 25-years.

And he will be taking to the pitch at half-time to thank the Foxes faithful for their support in raising £35,500 for his 2004-05 annual charity run campaign.

He said: "We raised another fantastic figure last season and again the City supporters came out in their numbers to pledge their support.

"We have already distributed £22,000 to 22 local Leicestershire based charities, and the remainder will be going out in the next few months.

"With a little help from Rachel Cluley and Derek 'Del Boy' Norton, who do a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes for the charity run, I will be thanking supporters for their help and generosity on the pitch at half-time.

"Their support never ceases to amaze me, and yet again in May they helped to create this magnificent total."

Make sure you watch out for Birch during the half-time break this Saturday.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~698844,00.html

I dont like him much (cue hate mail).

On the radio he comes accross very pompose. His `jokes` arnt funny (most of the time).

When a caller comes on the radio, he buts in if someone starts critisizing lcfc.

SHUT UP birch, you ask folk to ring in, and when they do, you cant wait to interupt.

Another thing, learn how to pronounce our captain, its not tiatio.

On the subject of century, i prefer birtles stretch and burns to birch.

Can't stand the man. He was an average player at best and seems to think he is some kind of City legend. He is not funny, never has and never will be. He should have been fired after that Winston Churchill debacle at half time against Man City. He made the Club look like an amatuerish joke.

Hopefully he'll be following Henry out the door in the near future.

That said his charity work is good and 600k is a very good total. I'd tolerate 1 or 2 apperances a year then a charity run at the last home game of the season. I wouldn't be suprised if CL hasn't tried to boot him out the door already.

You cant knock the bloke for his charity work though.

155768[/snapback]

Definately not. What hes raised has been magic.

The plaudits he gets are too much tho. He milks it on century (the birchenhimer) as if hes done something no human could ever achieve. And we all know the queen gives medals away too easy.

My mams friend has been doing charity work for 30 years, been to bosnia etc, no one knows her :(

He never pays to watch city, but hes a `big fan`.

He hardly travells to away games, but hes a `big fan`.

Would he pay £20 for a home game, buy a £2.80 3% Alc pint, £3 programme or the same plus travel costs for an away game? I doubt it.

Hes a `city fan` when it suits his pocket. He doesnt even sit down at a game (its illegal to stand) and tonight hes bragging on the radio about it, some ambassorder :rolleyes:

Rant over.

Definately not. What hes raised has been magic.

The plaudits he gets are too much tho. He milks it on century (the birchenhimer) as if hes done something no human could ever achieve. And we all know the queen gives medals away too easy.

My mams friend has been doing charity work for 30 years, been to bosnia etc, no one knows her :(

He never pays to watch city, but hes a `big fan`.

He hardly travells to away games, but hes a `big fan`.

Would he pay £20 for a home game, buy a £2.80 3% Alc pint, £3 programme or the same plus travel costs for an away game? I doubt it.

Hes a `city fan` when it suits his pocket. He doesnt even sit down at a game (its illegal to stand) and tonight hes bragging on the radio about it, some ambassorder :rolleyes:

Rant over.

155803[/snapback]

correct.gif

Can't stand the man.  He was an average player at best and seems to think he is some kind of City legend.  He is not funny, never has and never will be.  He should have been fired after that Winston Churchill debacle at half time against Man City.  He made the Club look like an amatuerish joke.

Hopefully he'll be following Henry out the door in the near future.

That said his charity work is good and 600k is a very good total.  I'd tolerate 1 or 2 apperances a year then a charity run at the last home game of the season.  I wouldn't be suprised if CL hasn't tried to boot him out the door already.

155792[/snapback]

I doubt it. CL's always having a laugh with the Birch at Belvoir Drive and I've seen some of the players joking with him in the past.

Birch To Thank Fans

Alan Birchenall will be making a personal thank you to Foxes fans at Leicester City's Championship clash against Ipswich Town on Saturday.

With the help of City supporters, the Birch has raised over £600,000 for charity during the last 25-years.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~698844,00.html

155553[/snapback]

What kind of "help" is he talking about?

Donations on top of the cost of the ticket?

Deary me, some people will complain about anything. Birch isn't the brightest of guys, and he's getting on a bit so his waffle does get a bit repetitive but his heart is in the right place and he is a Leicester fan, he's been with the club for what...25 years? That must count for something. He seems to keep moral up amongst the players on the training ground and is always able to laugh at himself. The minimal payment he gets for the stuff he does would probably be the same wages paid to someone for showing people around the stadium and training ground (which he does as well as all the other stuff). The money he has raised for charity is great and rightly he wants to thank the people who gave it to him, it's not as if he's taking the credit for all of it himself.

birch is a top bloke as far as im concernd

when we were in leicester on holiday we went down to belvor drive and met up with birch. he then took us on a tour of the whole place by himself and intorduced us to all the players and staff etc. took us into his office and made us feel really welcome, he got us tickets too see the city, we paid though, game was a sell out but we wanted to see agame

Deary me, some people will complain about anything. Birch isn't the brightest of guys, and he's getting on a bit so his waffle does get a bit repetitive but his heart is in the right place and he is a Leicester fan, he's been with the club for what...25 years? That must count for something. He seems to keep moral up amongst the players on the training ground and is always able to laugh at himself. The minimal payment he gets for the stuff he does would probably be the same wages paid to someone for showing people around the stadium and training ground (which he does as well as all the other stuff). The money he has raised for charity is great and rightly he wants to thank the people who gave it to him, it's not as if he's taking the credit for all of it himself.

155934[/snapback]

He came to Leicester in 1971 (34 years ago) and stayed for six years. He was a better than average player. Louise has got it about right and if he is the worst part of Leicester City then we will be winning the Champions League within three years. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

foxesa36.jpg

he is a Leicester fan, he's been with the club for what...25 years? That must count for something.

The minimal payment he gets for the stuff he does would probably be the same wages paid to someone for showing people around the stadium and training ground (which he does as well as all the other stuff).

The money he has raised for charity is great and rightly he wants to thank the people who gave it to him, it's not as if he's taking the credit for all of it himself.

155934[/snapback]

When was the last time he payed to watch city?

I`d like to know what minimal payment he gets?

The charity work and money raised has been brilliant, but thats it. he does however take huge credit for it (obe, or whatever ``award`` he got) why does he get an award and my mums friend whos been to bosnia (during their war and desperation) she doesnt get one.

birch parades himself as some sort of miracle worker on radio, and when hes at city, parades himself as some sort of footballing legend that we love. When did he win a medal? never according to thursday or friday nights century phone-in.

I like the guy, but someone tell him hes not a genius, comedian, top footballer or sex symbol etc etc etc.

When was the last time he payed to watch city?

156189[/snapback]

I don't know the answer to that, and I doubt you do either. Maybe it was never, maybe it was last week. Why does it matter? Half the occupied posh seats in the West Stand are people given freebies anyway (corporate stuff, ex players, players families etc.)

I`d like to know what minimal payment he gets?

156189[/snapback]

Small enough that to make ends meet he apparently needs to do a radio show 5 nights a week.... :rolleyes: I know for a fact they make him pay for things like meals there, that hardly sounds like someone who's being given a big wedge does it?

The charity work and money raised has been brilliant, but thats it. he does however take huge credit for it (obe, or whatever ``award`` he got) why does he get an award and my mums friend whos been to bosnia (during their war and desperation) she doesnt get one.

156189[/snapback]

It is a cynical person that does charity work for the applause it can bring, I'm sure Birch is thinking more of the people he's helping than the praise he'll get when he does his run etc. What's wrong with him getting publicity about it if that raises awareness to the causes he's supporting each year? Surely its Her Majestie’s fault if your mothers friend hasn't been given an award, not Birch's.

birch parades himself as some sort of miracle worker on radio, and when hes at city, parades himself as some sort of footballing legend that we love. When did he win a medal? never according to thursday or friday nights century phone-in.

I like the guy, but someone tell him hes not a genius, comedian, top footballer or sex symbol etc etc etc.

156189[/snapback]

Are you being serious? Have you no idea of what humour is? Clearly what Birch is saying at those points is tongue-in-cheek.

I don't know the answer to that, and I doubt you do either. Maybe it was never, maybe it was last week. Why does it matter? 

Small enough that to make ends meet he apparently needs to do a radio show 5 nights a week

I know for a fact they make him pay for things like meals there, that hardly sounds like someone who's being given a big wedge does it?

I'm sure Birch is thinking more of the people he's helping than the praise he'll get when he does his run etc.

What's wrong with him getting publicity about it if that raises awareness to the causes he's supporting each year?

Surely its Her Majestie’s fault if your mothers friend hasn't been given an award, not Birch's .

Are you being serious? Have you no idea of what humour is? Clearly what Birch is saying at those points is tongue-in-cheek .

156439[/snapback]

It matters because he wouldnt if he couldnt get in for free, he calls himself a fan you see.

A, he doesnt do 5 nights a week.

B, hes only been doing it for 2 years, how did he cope without it? The question remains, what minimal wage does he earn?

Wheres your facts, i know lcfc staff get free grub where possible.

If hes forced to buy a meal, he must be on big wedge.

How sure are you, do you know him personally?

The more he gets publicity for `doing good`, the more wedge he can ask for, because the public think hes a `good man`, and deserving of the wedge, as people like you have just prooved. part of your entrance fee, goes to him, and for what, because he has a obe, or because you feel good that hes done good. hey, if thats the kinda entertainment you like, fine, but dont expect me to applaude it.

He runs round the pitch, brilliant, but thats it.

I never said it was birches fault :blink: its not anyones fault, including the queen woman. but it is the fault of our society, that a silly old bloke running round a pitch and then collecting money gets a royal obe, what the fvck is that all about? Why did he accept it, he did the charity, move on. Must make him feel big :rolleyes:

Sure, tongue in cheek, makes you laugh, makes you feel good, makes you think birch is a nice bloke, makes you think hes worthy of a good wedge :rolleyes:

It matters because he wouldnt if he couldnt get in for free, he calls himself a fan you see.

A, he doesnt do 5 nights a week.

B, hes only been doing it for 2 years, how did he cope without it? The question remains, what minimal wage does he earn?

Wheres your facts, i know lcfc staff get free grub where possible.

If hes forced to buy a meal, he must be on big wedge.

How sure are you, do you know him personally?

The more he gets publicity for `doing good`, the more wedge he can ask for, because the public think hes a `good man`, and deserving of the wedge, as people like you have just prooved. part of your entrance fee, goes to him, and for what, because he has a obe, or because you feel good that hes done good. hey, if thats the kinda entertainment you like, fine, but dont expect me to applaude it.

He runs round the pitch, brilliant, but thats it.

I never said it was birches fault :blink:  its not anyones fault, including the queen woman. but it is the fault of our society, that a silly old bloke running round a pitch and then collecting money gets a royal obe, what the fvck is that all about? Why did he accept it, he did the charity, move on. Must make him feel big :rolleyes:

Sure, tongue in cheek, makes you laugh, makes you feel good, makes you think birch is a nice bloke, makes you think hes worthy of a good wedge :rolleyes:

156442[/snapback]

obviously likes to be rewarded for the good things he has done, like most people do (and i am sure you do too)

Lay off Birch! To fans of a certain age he is the guy who was part of one of the best footballing teams ever to grace the hallowed turf...watch your history of LCFC video...the 25 yarder against those cynical arrogant tossers from Leeds...playing keepy uppy in the middle of a game in the famous FA Cup win against Luton in 74...and for me his best, a header in extra time to equalise a Cup replay against the Arse....the kop exploded and a young kid hugged his dad like he'd never done before...bloody great....his humour may be crap but he is part of our folklore and £600K for charity has improved lives for a lot of people...give him a break!! :D

On the radio today Birch said the reason he didn't come out at HT was because he wanted to bring out two of the people who work at the Walkers and thank them especially but one of them got taken into hospital a few days before so he decided to wait until a better time.

Lay off Birch! To fans of a certain age he is the guy who was part of one of the best footballing teams ever to grace the hallowed turf...watch your history of LCFC video...the 25 yarder against those cynical arrogant tossers from Leeds...playing keepy uppy in the middle of a game in the famous FA Cup win against Luton in 74...and for me his best, a header in extra time to equalise a Cup replay against the Arse....the kop exploded and a young kid hugged his dad like he'd never done before...bloody great....his humour may be crap but he is part of our folklore and £600K for charity has improved lives for a lot of people...give him a break!! :D

156650[/snapback]

YES! BRILLIANT! THAT IS 100% TRUE!

Archived