Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

Hughes out for another fortnight

We've got some competent midfield players but quality and quantity?

Do me a favour.

Hughes, Kisnorbo and Morris never play, Joey's passing is a bit eratic and his strike-rate occasional, Williams can pass but he doesn't score or tackle and Tiatto tackles like a dynamo but doesn't create much and rarely scores.

Get some television clips of David Gibson and then you'll know what a quality midfielder looks like. Craftsmanship in motion. Being a Scot I wouldn't be surprised if CL's not made a quiet approach!!!

We've got some competent midfield players but quality and quantity?

Do me a favour.

Hughes, Kisnorbo and Morris never play, Joey's passing is a bit eratic and his strike-rate occasional, Williams can pass but he doesn't score or tackle and Tiatto tackles like a dynamo but doesn't create much and rarely scores.

Get some television clips of David Gibson and then you'll know what a quality midfielder looks like. Craftsmanship in motion. Being a Scot I wouldn't be surprised if CL's not made a quiet approach!!!

157187[/snapback]

Wesolowski will be better than Gibson, mark my words. This lad is about to start a 15 year domination of midfield.

PS I think it's unfair to say Hughes never plays, he's got an injury which every player goes though. I don't think he was injury prone before he got here.

Do me a favour.

Hughes, Kisnorbo and Morris never play, Joey's passing is a bit eratic and his strike-rate occasional,

157187[/snapback]

Hughes played the vast majoity of games after he came down from Rangers. Joey has a got alot better this season, I just hope he keeps it up.

MAD DOG????? come on mate. joey G and co better than lennon izzet and savage!!!! ridiculous. unless ur just teeing people up for an argument!!

u really think hughes will only get back in the team when someone is injured or tired??? NO WAY.

hughes is along with maybury, City's best player by some way. joey is ok as a squad player but will never EVER be a top class midfielder. hughes is better and has bags more potential than joey in every department.

Hughes fully fit = 1st name on team sheet. END OF

On current form, you can't drop either Williams or Gudjonsson. Apart from the first game, Sylla looks a little lethargic, which could be down to his injury.

Wilcox has done relatively well compared to last season, but he can't be expected to play every game as he tires very easily. He's provided the width well, which is more than what Tiatto provides.

Tiatto was average on Saturday. Poor in the first half when he negated his left sided position far too much. However, in the second half, he maintained his position much better, but he was still losing the ball and taking too long to pick out a pass.

So based on that, I would have Hughes over Tiatto, but that won't happen for obvious reasons. I think the test for Williams and Gudjonsson will come against Crewe this Saturday. A tricky away game where both will need to put their foot in and take control of the midfield.

Do me a favour.

157187[/snapback]

Kisnorbo did train yesterday (i.e. outside on the pitch) and he seemed to be doing ok.

Morris was mostly running up and down, sporting an occasional football kick.

Overall, Kisnorbo seemed in better shape than Morris.

Wesolowski will be better than Gibson, mark my words. This lad is about to start a 15 year domination of midfield.

PS I think it's unfair to say Hughes never plays, he's got an injury which every player goes though. I don't think he was injury prone before he got here.

157188[/snapback]

Well, you generally talk sense when it comes to assessing footballers, so if you're not exagerrating, then I can't wait for his magic to take effect.

It's like saying they've found slabs of pure, untapped gold under the Walkers Stadium pitch.

It's also the most uplifting statement I've ever heard from a City fan. Cos so far I'd mark Gibbo three clear points out of 10 better than any other creative midfielder who's worn a Leicester shirt.

Even in the Premiership, there's only a handful who'd compare with him for skill and we're talking about the likes of Bergkamp, Scholesy, who are better marksmen.

What you said is really is some compliment. You should post it to young Wes cos it'll boost his recovery for sure. Happy days are comin, happy days are comin... :):):)

Archived