Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

Hughes out for another fortnight

will be missed but i can't complain with williams or joey at the mo

156241[/snapback]

With both Hughes and then Wesolowski by December to fit into the equation as well we will have the best midfield in this division. Watch MDV and DCperform up front then. This is what Levein was hoping for from day 1.

Hughes wouldn't get into the team anyway. Tiatto won't be dropped, Williams & Joey have played fantastic so far and can't be dropped. The only place he'd get a game is on the right if Sylla is injured, and I'd venture to say I'd prefer Hammond anyway, he looks great.

With both Hughes and then Wesolowski by December to fit into the equation as well we will have the best midfield in this division. Watch MDV and DCperform up front then. This is what Levein was hoping for from day 1.

156438[/snapback]

I don't think you should go counting chickens on Wes. Broken legs need time to heal properly, both physically and mentally. He'll need lots of encouragement and motivation but, for now, lets forget about time schedules and just hope that he mends properly.

I keep forgetting about Hughes, I've forgot we have a class midfielder out injured. What does that say about how Williams and Joey have been playing? Hughes is quality and I can't wait to have him back, but he'll need to hit the ground running, otherwise he'll be on the bench.

He shouldnt rush him back because it could have an affect later on in the season. I would rahter he spend this fortnight getting 100% and then not having and injury all season! Joey and Williams are doing well at the moment but they will get tired and so we do need Hughes back, plus it will be good for competition.

MAD DOG - I have to completely disagree with ur post. Hughes wouldnt get in the side if fit?? I admit williams and joey have done well so far but i know if i was picking a midfield hughes would be the 1st choice EVERY time. Neither williams nor joey pose any kind of attacking threat whatsoever. sylla hasnt yet started to play to his undoubted potential and as for hammond??? he has played very little and i personally would question any manager who played an on loan, unproven striker, in midfield when he has a great young midfielder, a permanent fixture at his disposal.

Hughes is by far one of the best players on our books and would certainly get the nod ahead of williams, joey, sylla and bloody elvis!!!!

and as for tiatto!!! CL's greatest error of judgement yet was making that guy club captain. Fair enough he's works hard but c'mon, he is average to say the least

Hughes is by far one of the best players on our books and would certainly get the nod ahead of williams, joey, sylla and bloody elvis!!!!

and as for tiatto!!! CL's greatest error of judgement yet was making that guy club captain.  Fair enough he's works hard but c'mon, he is average to say the least

156925[/snapback]

Agreed. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

yes but both will be very tired. I hope Hughes isn't going to be too injury prone this year.

156239[/snapback]

I'd be concerned if a professional sportsman or woman suffered from exhaustion so early in the new season.

If Williams offers no attacking option whatsoever, then Hughes and Williams should be able to plat together in the centre. Williams has shown his class this season, there's no denying Hughes talent but he needs to come back and prove he has it as we've moved up a gear this season and Williams and Gudjonsson have proved able to change gear.

It's great we have all these quality midfielders.

I'd be concerned if a professional sportsman or woman suffered from exhaustion so early in the new season.

156928[/snapback]

indeed - theyve played only 3 games so far. How can they be tired? Im sure we havent had any different schedules to that of other championship teams. Surely CL anticipated the fixtures would come thick and fast ...

even under o'neill we dint have this many quality midfielders

156936[/snapback]

Yeah definately, I'd take Hughes (who's played what, 8 games for us? and is regarded as the best midfielder in the country?), Williams & Gudjonnson ahead of Lennon, Izzet & Savage every time!

You can disagree all you want but Williams & Joey won't get dropped while they're playing like this, fact. Tiatto is our weakest player in my opinion but is club captain for some reason and will not get dropped, fact. With Tiatto playing, Levein will play someone on the right who gives us width - Sylla or Hammond, fact. Hughes will be on the bench when he's fit until someone gets too tired or injured and he comes and wins back his position. He won't walk straight into the team as most think.

Yeah definately, I'd take Hughes (who's played what, 8 games for us? and is regarded as the best midfielder in the country?), Williams & Gudjonnson ahead of Lennon, Izzet & Savage every time!

156959[/snapback]

i'd take izzet sav and lennon back like a shot personally and hughes has played for us since jan so he has played alot of games

Archived