Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Hughes there?

You have to wonder if Hughes is turning into Morris Mark 11.

It's reported today that he's had an injury setback. Same ankle, different injury.

So while so many were assuming his return it is, as I suspected, a fair way off yet.

It'll be exactly the same with Weso - a long old haul at best.

Managers should make their plans as if the injured don't exist.

Then when/if they return it's a bonus. There is nothing more foolish than making decisions on the basis that someone MIGHT make a comeback.

Can cost you points that can.

It's reported today that he's had an injury setback. Same ankle, different injury.

So while so many were assuming his return it is, as I suspected, a fair way off yet.

Then when/if they return it's a bonus. There is nothing more foolish than making decisions on the basis that someone MIGHT make a comeback.

157278[/snapback]

he did kind of break his leg, not really a minor knock is it?

157278[/snapback]

Hughes has missed 3 gams through injury. What about Kisnorbo??? you've not mentioned him for a change.

I think your right in saying that the managers should consider them not beign there. Their focus should be on the 11 that play, and ift ehy play well it is up to the player returning from injury to fight his way into the team. That means that there is good competition for places and that no player is guaranteed a first team place. CL needs to plan for the worst because if Hughes doesnt recover in 2 weeks he could be out for a few monthts and then before you know it, it could be a season. Anything can happen in football!

He's started 14 games for us, missed the opening 3 and probably a few more after this. Hardly comparable to Morris in my book. I understand your frustration but we'll just have to hope it heals, but nowhere near as bad as if he'd been here for 18 months and played 4 or 5 games.

Has Levein mentioned something other than that Hughes will be in the first team picture when he's fit, and that we've not had his first choice side out yet? I'd say that was only logical and pretty obvious, but if he didn't say anything then he'd be criticised by some for giving no information, ala Canero.

157278[/snapback]

Hi Thracian,

You seem to worry about these injuries more than CL does?!?! :P

Yes, Hughes has had an injury setback. It can happen. He told me yesterday that he had just had a scan.

Of course, CL was planning for his return (before this further knock), that's just good planning. Now he will have to replan. I guess that's his job. You can do the same (or make different "theoretical" decisions), of course, only you will not get paid for it :)

I also doubt that Hughes (or any other player) enjoys getting injured and missing lots of games. They are most likely more sad and frustrated for not being able to play than you are for not seeing them in the team.

As to comparison with other players/previous occurrences, let us not jump to conclusions a bit too early...

;)

I'll start worrying when Hughes has been out half the season, with no sign of return. Until then, the panic button remains untouched.

Morris has been unavailable because of injury in 60 games out of the 70 he has been here for.

157641[/snapback]

Good stats.

Of the ten games he was available for selection, you'd have always have a question mark over his fitness. Once he's shrugged off the injuries he'll need 2/3 months building fitness. I don't think he's even managed pre season.

Hughes isn't Morris mark II, he'll add something to the team when fit to start with.

Morris has been unavailable because of injury in 60 games out of the 70 he has been here for.

Hughes has been unavailable because of injury in 3 games out of the 22 he has been here for.

Hardly comparible.

157641[/snapback]

Well you can add the next four weeks for a start in my view and that'll make it a third of the games. Getting closer!!! However you miss my point. If a bloke is not available it is no use people carping on about what might happen when/if he is available. You've just got to plan as if he isn't there and get on with it.

I'll start worrying when Hughes has been out half the season, with no sign of return.  Until then, the panic button remains untouched.

157658[/snapback]

I don't think you need to panic anyway. The players we've got are quite capable and if Levein needs further back-up I'm sure he'll find it.

157278[/snapback]

How can you call Hughes a Morris mark 2? You must have been around long enough to see that footballers have picked up an injury and then as they are back in training they get another injury. Infact I bet it happens to 100+ footballers each season in this country alone. Does a second injury mean they are going to be injury prone for the rest of their career? Not at all, the chances of that would be about 1 in 500.

Hughes wasn't injured at all last season for us, not that I can recall? He had a couple of injuries at Rangers like all players do but I don't think it would be right to call him injury prone. It would be like calling Thierry Henry crap because he didn't score for 2 games.

It might turn out that Hughes is injury prone, but he hasn't been and just because he's had a bit of a problem with an ankle knock doesn't mean he's now ****ed forever.

As for Wesolowski, he'll be ready for the first team by January mark my words. His confidence and mental attitude scares me, i've noticed that for years when watching him in the youth teams. You can't keep a good man down and his first game for us will be in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Well you can add the next four weeks for a start in my view and that'll make it a third of the games. Getting closer!!! However you miss my point. If a bloke is not available it is no use people carping on about what might happen when/if he is available. You've just got to plan as if he isn't there and get on with it.

157661[/snapback]

We as fans,on a forum,CAN harp on about what might have been.That is a role we are entitled to,after sitting anxiously through an off season and noting every new move our Manager makes and how the jigsaw fits together.The pieces like Hughes are not there at present but will fit into the picture later. However,at present everyone does get on with the job to be done with the realisation Hughes, Kisnorbo, Wesolowski and even Morris!! will be back threatening to take spots off team-mates, which is all good and healthy for our team.

We as fans,on a forum,CAN harp on about what might have been.That is a role we are entitled to,after sitting anxiously through an off season and noting every new move our Manager makes and how the jigsaw fits together.The pieces like Hughes are not there at present but will fit into the picture later. However,at present everyone does get on with the job to be done with the realisation Hughes, Kisnorbo, Wesolowski and even Morris!! will be back threatening to take spots off team-mates, which is all good and healthy for our team.

157678[/snapback]

I for one will believe it when I see it.

How can you call Hughes a Morris mark 2? You must have been around long enough to see that footballers have picked up an injury and then as they are back in training they get another injury. Infact I bet it happens to 100+ footballers each season in this country alone. Does a second injury mean they are going to be injury prone for the rest of their career? Not at all, the chances of that would be about 1 in 500.

Hughes wasn't injured at all last season for us, not that I can recall? He had a couple of injuries at Rangers like all players do but I don't think it would be right to call him injury prone. It would be like calling Thierry Henry crap because he didn't score for 2 games.

It might turn out that Hughes is injury prone, but he hasn't been and just because he's had a bit of a problem with an ankle knock doesn't mean he's now ****ed forever.

As for Wesolowski, he'll be ready for the first team by January mark my words. His confidence and mental attitude scares me, i've noticed that for years when watching him in the youth teams. You can't keep a good man down and his first game for us will be in the FA Cup 3rd round.

157677[/snapback]

Don't know whether Hughes is injury prone or not. It's just that everyone talks about what we'll be like "next week" when he returns and then next week becomes the week after, the week after that and so on.

What matters is how well we do with the players we've got to select. When the injured players return is hypothesis.

Hope you're right about Wes but as I say about the other injured players... I'll believe it when it happens.

Why would you compare Hughes to Morris? Players get injured - it's a fact. Missing three or four games because of injury doesn't mean you're injury prone. Also the chances of getting a different injury when recoving from a previous one are relatively high, as certain muscles, ligaments etc are not as strong as they would normally be.

Archived