Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

FAO Foxes Trust - Admission prices

After the woeful opening 2 gates of the season is there no way in which the Club will alter its hideous pricing structure?

Who in God's name came up with the matchday prices? We will be playing in front of 12,000 empty seat every week because of idiotic administrators who don't understand the concept of football or being a football fan.

How can we justify our prices when a guy on the Fox Fanzine board has just bought 2 tickets for a Premiership game for £3 more than the cheapest adult ticket to watch Ipswich Town?

I understand we sold ST's at an average of £20 and £15 per game for adults, but come on this is ridiculous. Craig Levein wants the people of Leicester to empathise with his young charges how are we supposed to achieve that if people can't afford to come to the games?

Something needs to be done and offering freebies to under 8's in a restricted area isn't the answer. I don't know any under 8's and I ain't prepared to sit in the North Stand even if I did.

This isn't a dig at you guys either, just a genuine set of questions trying to fathom out our intrepid administation team.

£22 for a skint student to watch a bore draw with Ipswich. I only went because it was my friends birthday...I won't be going again this season, I just can't afford it. I love Leicester City but I fecking hate the way it is run sometimes. I was just being a mardy arse at the game because I knew I'd just parted with all that money. Worst £22 spent ever!!!

Well said Barton. I am appalled by the club's pricing policy and I will not be going to many home games this season because of it. Having to pay a full adult price when I will have no income whatsoever (as a student) simply because I am 22 is absurd. The club can f**k off, loyalty only goes so far in my opinion.

Offering under 8s free entry doesn't solve the problem - an adult will have to accompany the child and will have to pay full price. There lies the problem.

this is a massive issue which at the moment seems to be brushed under the carpet by the club , i am a season ticket holder therefore shouldnt really bother me but its appaling to read about fans on here having to pay sky high prices to watch a run of the mill championship club .leicester have always had a good fan base and loyal supporters but we are going downhill FAST. somebody listen to us !!!

signed- discruntled season ticket holder

I would love to go more often but its too expensive! Plus i have to think about getting to Leicester. I know a few fans in Beds who want to go more often but cant because they cant afford to get there AND the match ticket. Make prices cheaper and i reckon you will get a full house for many games this season!

In the first season we were at the Walkers Stadium what were the prices?

I'm p*ssed off, because at this moment in time, neither me or my mate can afford season tickets. We were going to go down the odd game, but after seeing the pricing structure my friend can't afford that and nor can I, as I haven't yet started my new job! Come on Leicester listen to the fans reduce the prices ffs!

Totally agree and can't believe the club are so blind as not to realise it.

They just dont seem to realise the other costs involved - transport down, parking, programme, food, replica shirt, name on replica shirt etcetc.

Why don't they look at the example of the cricket on monday? Lancs were charging a tenner to get in for adults - they had to turn thousands away - it was good business sense, not a seat spare, created a good atmosphere, left the supporters happy and probably made the cricket club a ton of money too!

love city but sometimes you have to wonder!! :ermm:

The last time we were in Division One (The promotion season), I went to about 8 matches I think because I only had to pay about a fiver for the Fans Fixtures games, and there were occasionally offers on for the schools where you and an adult can go for £6! The stadium was pretty much full in all of those games.

Last season, I forked out over £30 quid to go to see a mediocre performance against West Ham, and only went to 2 other games, one which I got given a ticket for, and the other one because I got some free tickets in the Leicester Mercury. I could not afford to go to several games at £30 a pop.

Why are Leicester charging fans Premiership prices to see average Championship (and dare I say it League One at times) standard games. Its just bloody ridiculous. I haven't been to any games so far this season because I can simply not afford it. The game against Stoke was a perfect opportunity to have a cheap fans fixture so that the lads had a full stadium to perform to in their first home match. It was mid week so automatically less people would have gone so it was the ideal opportunity. It was also the first game of the season so if that game was made cheap, it might have encouraged some people to buy a season ticket if they enjoyed it.

I think the team would produce better performances infront of a full crowd than a depleted one. I think the club would also receive more revenue if they made the games less money, so more people turned up.

Price structure at this club at present is a ****ing joke.

Rant over.

They should have a game such as Crewe or Burnley at home where tickets are a fivar for everyone. This certainly would stop empty seats for those games. Overall, they should have a better price reduction if your a member instead of £2-£5, to scrap the A Grade fixture prices and have more fans fixtures.

Why don't they look at the example of the cricket on monday? Lancs were charging a tenner to get in for adults - they had to turn thousands away - it was good business sense, not a seat spare, created a good atmosphere, left the supporters happy and probably made the cricket club a ton of money too!

157503[/snapback]

You can't compare football with cricket; for a start, the wages are incomparable. Besides, the Twenty20 final tickets, which were for a full days worth of cricket, were over three times that price.

Quid's for a kid, thats the key point I think. And more offers such as buy 3 tickets get one free etc it would encourage groups of people to go

157471[/snapback]

i wouldlike kids for £1 but only in certain areas as i dont want little kids creaming around me in the kop or L1 and also season ticket holders who have paid about £200 for kids season ticket would feel ripped off even though they are the loyal ones

Without checking any figures here am I right in thinking that:

1) The ticket prices have stayed the same for 3 seasons (last went up when we got promoted to the prem)

2) The season we got relegated and then again this summer there were reports of cutting the wage bill by something like £5 million?

If were saving £5mil in the wage bill lets give it back in lower prices and fill the stadium, sure it will actually fill the stadium and could generate more income.

I know parachute payments sponsorship tigers and whatever else will be mentioned but generally is that noty the case.

Sorry but I reckon that if and well we do play well and climb the table, the crowds will grow.

Don't forget, the crowds we have attracted this season would have filled Filbo.

As with most clubs we have a lot of fans who can't afford to come. (Been there, done it)

We have those who feel the club should let them in for pennies because there are empty seats and they are not in work.

We also have fans who will magically appear when success starts.

Personally, I'm happy with the way things are.

If it's cheap tickets people want, they can come to Bury next week.

Without checking any figures here am I right in thinking that:

1) The ticket prices have stayed the same for 3 seasons (last went up when we got promoted to the prem)

2) The season we got relegated and then again this summer there were reports of cutting the wage bill by something like £5 million?

If were saving £5mil in the wage bill lets give it back in lower prices and fill the stadium, sure it will actually fill the stadium and could generate more income.

I know parachute payments sponsorship tigers and whatever else will be mentioned but generally is that noty the case.

157560[/snapback]

Had our Trust board meeting tonight, so only a brief reply now more tomorrow night.

lcfcwill is correct match prices have not changed for 3 seasons, so the prices this year are not an increase, but fans seem less willing to pay those prices.

The £5m wages savings result in the club having a more manageable budget rather than making a several million £'s loss.

So far a price difference of around £5 has made little difference to attendance based on the Stoke/Ipswich games in terms of crowd size.

As we keep saying, look at the membership scheme - yes its £15 upfront, but you get £5 off for each of the next 2 home games, so you quickly get your money back - which brings the ticket prices below £20

Had our Trust board meeting tonight, so only a brief reply now more tomorrow night.

lcfcwill is correct match prices have not changed for 3 seasons, so the prices this year are not an increase, but fans seem less willing to pay those prices.

The £5m wages savings result in the club having a more manageable budget rather than making a several million £'s loss.

So far a price difference of around £5 has made little difference to attendance based on the Stoke/Ipswich games in terms of crowd size.

As we keep saying, look at the membership scheme - yes its £15 upfront, but you get £5 off for each of the next 2 home games, so you quickly get your money back  - which brings the ticket prices below £20

157626[/snapback]

Not quite right there. The cheapest A Grade ticket is £27, so if you take off the £5 discount the ticket still costs £22 - which is over £20.

Not quite right there. The cheapest A Grade ticket is £27, so if you take off the £5 discount the ticket still costs £22 - which is over £20.

157920[/snapback]

lol

LCFC + Foxes Trust

The words 'Piss-up' and 'Brewery' come to mind.

Archived