Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Top Man and a Top Owner; Thanks Vichai and Aiyawatt

This was a very interesting part of that for me.

Let's not forget we still don't really know why these guys own us. Yes, they've been great so far, they've respected the traditions, been very generous to the fans and shown faith in Pearson. But that still doesn't explain why some Thai guys randomly decided to buy Leicester City.

I think this sentence hints at it: "they need help about how they stay and work in the country". From that I would infer that they are looking to bring the King Power business to the UK and are looking for some privilege in terms of doing that through being the owners of a high profile football club. What exactly that privilege is I don't know but I'm sure being the owners of a Premier League football club will help open a few doors.

Edited to say: that's probably not anything we didn't already know/suspect but hopefully re-assuring that there's nothing too sinister in their intentions (hopefully)

I think a couple of paragraphs there probably should have been clarified and rephrased rather than being reported verbatim as it's clear he was struggling with his english. I think he was referring to other foreign owners such as Tan and implying that they are trying to help clubs and therefore should be respected, but perhaps don't get enough help themselves in terms of understanding the culture.

As for why they bought us, probably just for the prestige of owning a football club, the global brand exposure, and for a bit of fun.

Didn't want to start a new topic so thought I'd just post it in here... 

Is Henry Winter a Leicester fan? Was supporting Birch's run on Twitter whilst also speaking to James Sharpe (Leicester Mercury) on there quite a bit as well. 

Guest bss9401

I am so proud of Leicester City's achievements. The owners have taken financial risks and put their reputation on the line with major decisions regarding the club. It didn't happen as quickly as they wanted yet they remained determined and focused. I am delighted for them that our Club under their ownership has made their country proud. They have already demonstrated what they want to achieve and I certainly trust them and respect their achievements. Who knows, this may be the start of another exiting chapter in our top flight history!

Great stuff from Top. The owners deserve a lot of praise for their work. We are lucky to have such respectful and pleasent owners. Also a great article from Henry Winter again - love reading his articles on Leicester.

Was great what they did for elis 45grand was touched by it we have fantastic owners they give us alot and making sure no 1 gets no more than 16quid increase on next years season ticket just goes to show there not greedy people

Total respect for our owners. They have been low profile, gracious and stuck with np when most would have sacked him at the end if last season. They have been welcoming and offered fans small but significant gestures. Yesterday was a great party and we got free beer plus a commemorative Lcfc badge. The massive bonus for me was the season ticket price. Just a 3% increase. I find that amazing considering we are premier league. I was expecting 10% to be honest. Thanks for a wonderful season top and dad.

Archived