Union FS Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 Hi all,There has been some debate between City fans regarding what the average price of an away ticket will be this season and at what price people would simply refuse to pay the gate fee.With that in mind, Union FS would like to conduct a short survey ahead of our return to the Premier League. The prices in the poll above are based on last season's prices, with the exception of QPR and Burnley, for whom we expect away end prices to hit £37 and £33 respectively. We have made the (admittedly fairly unlikely) assumption that the remainder of last season's top tier teams will not alter the prices of their cheapest adult away ticket at their stadium. Please note that we have also assumed that we will be placed in lowest price 'category' as would be expected given our newly promoted status. The above poll is three-fold. Firstly, it asks the question whether you consider any ticket price too high. Accounting for the fact that our away support (and this forum) is made up of many young fans who have not previously had the opportunity to visit many Premier League stadiums in a City away end, we have queried whether you are willing to pay more in our first season at this level.We appreciate that some clubs do offer concessions but understand that many Premier League clubs limit this to Under 16s and Over 65s - providing no slack for young adults or students. We therefore ask those who would expect to be given a concession to answer on the basis that they are a full-paying adult. The second part of the poll targets those who have answered Options 2, 3 or 4 on Question 1 and asks what is your limit?The poll shows which games you would miss if you implemented a personal boycott of games exceeding a particular price level. For example, if you were to set a personal price cap of £40 - you would miss Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and West Ham, leaving you with 15 away games to attend. These clubs are shown in brackets on the poll at each level.Question 2 is specific to our first season back in the Premier League. It asks whether you have a price cap and at what level, if any, this cap exists. For simplicity we have assumed that anyone willing to pay over £40 would not object to paying the highest price which we expect to be £47 at Chelsea. Question 3 asks whether your answer to Question 2 would change if this was our second, third or a further season in the Premier League. It basically tests whether there is a novelty factor in the first season and whether you are willing to pay more given our 10-year absence from the Premier League. It is particularly relevant for those who have selected Option 2 or 3 on Question 1. Again it assumes no price changes from the clubs involved. Thank you for your time and comments - it is much appreciated.
C-man Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 After banging on about ticket prices for years I have hypocritically resigned myself to paying a fair wedge this season. I'd say £35 is my limit but I'll probably bend my rules slightly to accommodate Liverpool and Man United given I haven't been to either as a Leicester fan in a decade. Once this season's done my limit will come down to a strict £32 as that's the most I've paid for a Championship game and what I had historically said would be my limit.
Guest Papasmurf Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 Demand and supply. A premium product carries a premium price.
Soup Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 Demand and supply. A premium product carries a premium price. That's how the money men at Chelsea probably justify their high prices,but they've forgot one thing, I ain't going to watch them c##ts i'm there for Leicester.I'm struggling with this whole ticket thing, I don't think it's right what some clubs are charging but it won't be a struggle for me financially.
C-man Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 Demand and supply. A premium product carries a premium price. Thank you John Keynes. I couldn't care less whether the 'product' is better now than in 1989 - I can guarantee it hasn't improved by over 1,000% as some ticket prices have done.
Bert Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 I'm making the most of being able to go to every game whilst I can. Love following the lads all round the country and whenever it may be in my life I know that doing every away game is going to come to an end at some point. Won't be able to make every away this year but if I could I would.
Bayfox Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 Won't be able to make or afford every game and that may make me elastic but I work for myself and have 2 small kids. I consider my season ticket essential and the away games I make. Normally enough to keep my p1 status as a luxury and bonus. Aiming to do at least one a month. Chelsea, palace, newcastle, Southampton, villa and west ham in dec, liverpool and utd in jan to start with then arsenal and everton are musts to chalk off grounds. Tv may have a baring on the plans but for the ones i want to make I will pay within reason, whatever it takes but anything over 50quid would make me think twice as by the time I have paid for trains and beer/food etc I would be spending 200quid on a day out and that is prob my limit for a day at the football.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot Posted 7 July 2014 Posted 7 July 2014 Capping yourself at £36 and not getting to go to a stadium like Old Trafford or Anfield for the sake of £4 is absurd.
Grewks Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 Fail to see the point in this for the following reasons.... 1 - There isn't a point.
Soup Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 Fail to see the point in this for the following reasons.... 1 - There isn't a point. And player ratings has a point? Or 500 pages on will Nugent sign,and a particular favourite of mine this time of the year is the new shirt.I don't claim to be psychic but i'm betting it's gonna be blue again.
Lichfieldfox. Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 I'll go to the games I can get to easily if suit my other hobbies and work. Can't answer the poll as 'depends'.
C-man Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Capping yourself at £36 and not getting to go to a stadium like Old Trafford or Anfield for the sake of £4 is absurd. Not just £4 though - Old Trafford last year was £45+ and Anfield £42 for probably the worst view in PL football. Chelsea £47 and god knows why West Ham think it's acceptable to charge £42. What if it hits £50? Frankly anyone paying £50 for 90 minutes of league football is a fvcking lunatic.
Lobsterboyuk Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Felt like the questions didn't properly capture my philosophy so I voted no price cap. Do I struggle for money to pay for tickets - no - but I hate the ever upwards price spiral. The problem is only seems like just a few actually care enough to want to change anything, so fvck it, may as well get shafted and go to the games because not enough folk really seem to give a sh*t that we pay through the nose to ever change anything...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.