Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
londonfox

Luke Varney

Looks like LCFC missed out on this one. I have to say I think its pretty scandalous that a striker playing in the area is taken from under our noses, not by some conference side but by another bloody championship side and then ends up bagging a goal against us.

how did this happen?? did we ever scout him? give him a trial??

in times when money is hard to come by, surely leicestershire talent should be pretty much covered by us?????

Looks like LCFC missed out on this one.  I have to say I think its pretty scandalous that a striker playing in the area is taken from under our noses, not by some conference side but by another bloody championship side and then ends up bagging a goal against us.

in times when money is hard to come by, surely leicestershire talent should be pretty much covered by us?????

160804[/snapback]

its like the situation with Chris Kirkland..

he was playing in Earl Shilton but Coventry picked him up

Looks like LCFC missed out on this one.  I have to say I think its pretty scandalous that a striker playing in the area is taken from under our noses, not by some conference side but by another bloody championship side and then ends up bagging a goal against us.

160804[/snapback]

Or maybe he raised his game for that one occasion.

He's hardly set the Division alight has he.

Why don't we re-sign Dennis Wise after all he scored against us for Millwall :ph34r:

160804[/snapback]

You can't scout every game can you!!! We may well have watched a game or two of his and he had a shocker. You just don't know.

Like someone else said he hasn't set the place alight!!!

i used to play with luke at Quorn and you could always tell that he was going to make it...

When Crewe brought him of Quorn they said that he would be a Premiership player within 3 - 4 years...

If he keeps going on scoring like he is then i cant see why that wont happen...

He's just the sort of player Leicester are looking for at the minute... Young, Hungry, Skillfull, Lightening Fast and a MASSIVE leicester fan...

We really missed out in my opinion..

i think he will go on to be a decent championship player but no more than that . quorn have got a player called joe jonas who i think will go on to be better than varney , city have a look!

When we played Crewe at home last season he was virtually anonymous in that game. I think hes a bit hit and miss to be honest but hes in the best place to learn and develop as a player. Maybe when hes a bit older and got a bit more experience we could nip in for him......

I believe we had him on trial at about the time MON was starting at Leicester, so quite a while ago, and we didn't fancy him. Shows what kind of character the guy has to be rejected by the team he supports and yet still manages to work his way up into the same league as them. Reminds me of a certain Mr Dublin.

I think its his first real season playing in thier first team and i think he has 3 goals in 4 games, so its possible he will go on to be a good player. It is shocking that we didnt manage to pick him up at a young age, it just shows how crap our academy has been over the previous years, it is only just starting to show that it is worth the investment, piper, stewart weso etc.

Babylon/Dunerz?????????

dont know quite what your reasoning is behind both your comments.

not setting the league on fire??? no, ur right he isnt. tell you what though de vries and dublin are red hot arent they???!!!!!!

dennis wise comment??? mate, get a grip. how you are comparing the two is beyond me.

my point was that crewe have a striker who quite clearly should have been picked up by us. the fact that he scored against us is neither here nor there but again, at a time when we have no money to spend, surely a local lad, a leicester fan, with obvious potential should be wearing a leicester shirt and not one of crewe alexandra

I have to say I think its pretty scandalous that a striker playing in the area is taken from under our noses, not by some conference side but by another bloody championship side and then ends up bagging a goal against us.

160804[/snapback]

If you study his goal closely, he doesnt do a great deal, we let them cross it, and we were unlucky it bounced at his feet, he just kicked it goalbound, hardly great play.

Apparently we did have him on trial during the O'Neill era at some stage and turned him down. So blame whoever picked the young players who signed on at the time. Anyway, I don't believe he's that a good player. Yes he had a good game against us but his goalscoring record for Crewe is not that great.

I agree with that. Why bring in a foreigner such as MDV when Varney - a local lad, is better. I know it isn't Leveins fault but even so, local talent should be given it's chance.

161027[/snapback]

Varney better than DeVries? Somehow i dont think so mate.

Coventry and wolves had a look at him when he was younger but didn't fancy him. My best mates his cousin and we used to play football on the local park when he was about 15/16 and he wasn't exactly brilliant then obviously Dario o'grady and the crewe academy should be given some credit for spotting a talent that many other people couldn't and bringing it on

Archived