Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Do we actually need a big name player?

The whole mentality behind signing big name players infuriates me. Maybe I'm being a little harsh - but to me it just seems like one of those stupid cliches that fans come out with thinking that it'll solve everything. It's along the lines of the manager having to go when you hit a sticky pitch - to me it's lazy thinking that ignores why things happen.

There's a lot of myths that fans come out with in my opinion and this is one of them, and it's the most expensive one of them.

How fans of Leicester City after watching the last five years can genuinely believe signing big names is the answer truly defies belief for me. I'm not saying I'd deliberately avoid signing big names, but you've only got to see what we've done with big names compared to smaller ones in the past five years to realise how much of a myth the whole thing really is.

We need a collection of players capable of earning enough points to finish above the team in 18th position.

Whether those players are big names or not is irrelevant for me.

So you think the Mercenary approach of the likes of Man City where the players have no affinity with the Club or Fans is the way to go.

Remember we tried that with both Taylor and Sven didn't work for us then, did it. There's more pleasure and achievement in developing

and finding you're own stars.

Look what Lineker and Hesky has done for the Club because they had a real affinity with the Club and more importantly the Fans.

Do you think the like of Ya Ya Toure or Negrado would do the same forMan City if needed. I don't think so maybe Hart might but that's all. 

When Nigel is managing England as I think he's destined to. Once again it'll be great to say he was our manager and Moore plays for us.

Like we did in the Banks, Shilton ,Clark Nish, Lineker Hesky Days.

Sure we didn't win every game but it's the fervent hope and anticipation that made them great times for those of us who remember.

Oh, yes. Those were the days. Real legends in blue. Up the "Filberts"!

Archived