Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

CB partnership for the season ahead

Because the Premiership is the same standard as the Championship.....

Come on, this bloke is not good enough. We've got to be aiming higher than a 33 year old thug who chucks elbows, is regularly out of position and quite frankly, isn't good enough.

Whatever is wrong with that multiquoting? It destroyed my fierce answer and I have to start from zero. Argh. Anyway, man, do yourself a favor, read Wasyl's statistics and then shut your mouth. He wasn't a liability last year, hell, his elbows never a problem in these 60 matches he played in our national team. And the refs during the FIFA/UEFA matches used to be really anally retentive. As for Marcin being regularly out of position, Goddamn, where this Nigel had his eyes, keeping such a bad player in the line-up! Pearson out!

Moore is premiership class.

Sometimes you don't appreciate how good a player is when he belongs to you.

Moore has everything, pace, power, positional sense and good decision making.

Morgan, was and upson will offer an option. I would've liked us to have bought a quality centre half to build up a long term partnership with Moore. However, it seems we won't be. Defensively, (de laet, schlupp and konch included) we have players in those position to make us competitive. We do lack pace though.

One more word about pace in the defence and I'll scream my head off. Seriously, people, where have you seen these myriads of the pacey centerbacks? Not in the Prem for sure. I have nothing against Liam, I think he's a great player, but seriously all this ado about the Holy Pace is getting funny.

Whatever is wrong with that multiquoting? It destroyed my fierce answer and I have to start from zero. Argh. Anyway, man, do yourself a favor, read Wasyl's statistics and then shut your mouth. He wasn't a liability last year, hell, his elbows never a problem in these 60 matches he played in our national team. And the refs during the FIFA/UEFA matches used to be really anally retentive. As for Marcin being regularly out of position, Goddamn, where this Nigel had his eyes, keeping such a bad player in the line-up! Pearson out!

Pearson's loyalty to him was admirable; he came in and did well in Moore's absence. He probably should have seen 2 red cards for elbows. In the prem, they would be highlighted on MOTD, and a ban would have ensued. That's just fact. I think Wasilewski is whole hearted, he's a great trainer, you can tell how much it means to him, and he seems likeable. However, I think his tendency to lack discipline, and also lose his man due to charging out of defence gung-ho (Burnley away, got away with it) mean he's not quite up to Premier league standard. I don't need to look at stats, I have eyes, and it's called an opinion.

I would be worried if we start the first game of the season with Wasilewski.

Moore is premiership class.

Sometimes you don't appreciate how good a player is when he belongs to you.

Moore has everything, pace, power, positional sense and good decision making.

Morgan, was and upson will offer an option. I would've liked us to have bought a quality centre half to build up a long term partnership with Moore. However, it seems we won't be. Defensively, (de laet, schlupp and konch included) we have players in those position to make us competitive. We do lack pace though.

Positional sense is the one thing I think Moore lacks. He can learn this though

Pearson's loyalty to him was admirable; he came in and did well in Moore's absence. He probably should have seen 2 red cards for elbows.

Maybe he should, but he did not. He rarely sees any straight reds, even with very meticulous refs in charge, that's what I'm trying to explain.

In the prem, they would be highlighted on MOTD, and a ban would have ensued. That's just fact.

That is not a fact, that is your speculation, totally unfounded, by the way.

I think Wasilewski is whole hearted, he's a great trainer, you can tell how much it means to him, and he seems likeable. However, I think his tendency to lack discipline, and also lose his man due to charging out of defence gung-ho (Burnley away, got away with it) mean he's not quite up to Premier league standard. I don't need to look at stats, I have eyes, and it's called an opinion.

The problem is the stats do not confirm your opinion. Neither the very fact Nigel kept him in the first squad. C'mon Pearson is a professional manager, you really think he would keep putting any player in the starting eleven, only because this player is such a likeable bear?

Ridiculous.

I would be worried if we start the first game of the season with Wasilewski.

Yup. This Pearson dude does not know what is he doing...

:nigel:

Was is a liabilty and the Morgan Moore partnership is so much better. Lets not forget that when Was came in, even though we continued the good form, we looked shaky at the back at times, especially from set pieces. For me, it's between Moore, Morgan and Upson, Was doesnt even come into contention for me

Maybe he should, but he did not. He rarely sees any straight reds, even with very meticulous refs in charge, that's what I'm trying to explain.

That is not a fact, that is your speculation, totally unfounded, by the way.

>> don't be naive

The problem is the stats do not confirm your opinion. Neither the very fact Nigel kept him in the first squad. C'mon Pearson is a professional manager, you really think he would keep putting any player in the starting eleven, only because this player is such a likeable bear?

Ridiculous.

>> My point isn't that he only played last season because he's likeable. My point is, he's not good enough for the prem

Yup. This Pearson dude does not know what is he doing...

>> I'm Pearson's biggest fan. Let's see if Was actually starts the first game.

:nigel:

Totally agree with the calls for Moore to be a starter. He'd be my first choice.

Wes has been great for us but I do fear for him in the prem. For some parts of last season he looked pretty unspectacular imo. Like I said though he's been a fantastic signing

Archived