Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

CB partnership for the season ahead

My god, why are people saying Moore! sure lets ignore Wasyl and Upson having prem level experience, Morgan is our club captain and has been a solid Championship defender for years, Moore didn't get in the team in the Championship, but sure, lets throw him in the deep end.

Those saying Moore in are going to be the first to throw him under the bus after a bad result too.

He has got away with it in the CL before, have a watch of Agger or Shawcross, you can get away with it if you are clever.

I'm sure Moore will develop into a very good centre back but I'm not starting him just yet ahead of Wasyl or Upson who both had better seasons than him last year (even more so with the opening set of games) as a couple of bad games could kill his confidence longer term, a couple of times last year we were caught short due to his inexperience and I think the older heads is the way to go first up.

If we are going to start Schulpp as well across the back that would be half the back four starting in the top flight who at times struggled in the Championship in terms of positioning.

Moore has started the season the last two seasons when it all pointed to him not doing. I can see Nigel throwing him in from the off, does a lot for his development and confidence.

My god, why are people saying Moore! sure lets ignore Wasyl and Upson having prem level experience, Morgan is our club captain and has been a solid Championship defender for years, Moore didn't get in the team in the Championship, but sure, lets throw him in the deep end.

Those saying Moore in are going to be the first to throw him under the bus after a bad result too.

Maybe because he was injured? He's better than Was but you dont change a winning team so he was kept out. 

Also, I dont buy into this attitude of easing young players in, either you're good enough or you're not and Moore is good enough for me

Upson is injured and not match fit, so won't play furst game of the season.

So it's either Was or Moore to partner Morgan first game of the season, and if the partnership works Upson will have to fight for a call up to the starting line up.

Personally I would've liked to have seen Drinkwater as Captain rather than Morgan. The reason being if Morgan struggles at all he will probably still start as he is Club Captain.

Maybe because he was injured? He's better than Was but you dont change a winning team

Yes he was injured, but then when fit he didn't get back in the starting line up as the Wes Was partnership worked well.

So as for your argument of why change a winning side, that means Wes and Was starts.

Moore and Morgan for me to start. Moore will be a year stronger and has pace which will be needed. My one big fear is that we conceded so many goals from centre of defence.

I sincerely hope that Nigel has dealt with this problem in pre season. Morgan can be too nice at times when with a bit of Wasyls bite is needed.

Especially against the likes of Drogba or Terry. 

Yes he was injured, but then when fit he didn't get back in the starting line up as the Wes Was partnership worked well.

So as for your argument of why change a winning side, that means Wes and Was starts.

God help us if Wasilewksi is our centre half in the premiership

Morgan and another. Be nice if Upson wasn't crocked at the moment so we could see what he's about, got a feeling he'll be the bollocks in the air for us. I'd love to see Moore make the step up but if we throw him in with the start we've got it could kill his confidence if we find it rough.

As it stands, unless Upson's foot injury heals up, I'd probably go Wes and Wasyl; I wouldn't be upset if it was Moore by any stretch, though.

"He won't get away with stuff in the Prem" is such a cliched excuse from those that don't want Wasyl to start. The James Vaughan incident aside, what's he actually done / "gotten away with?"

A failing limb in Yann's face and that thing with Varney that only looked bad because of the camera angle.

Wasyl will not get away with those elbows, not in the PL when every move is under scrutiny. He'll cost us.

Puh - ****ing - leeze. He was supposed to be a liability in the Championship. Was he? Nope.  So stop whining at once and give him a frickin' chance!

"He won't get away with stuff in the Prem" is such a cliched excuse from those that don't want Wasyl to start. The James Vaughan incident aside, what's he actually done / "gotten away with?"

A failing limb in Yann's face and that thing with Varney that only looked bad because of the camera angle.

Got to disagree with that, it was almost pantomime like, you knew he was going to take someone out every game.

Take out a media darling in the premier and he'll soon be labelled.

Good debate, lots of varying views. I reckon nige will start with Wes n Was and see how they go. If we are struggling Upson will step in when fit and Moore will get occasional games agains lesser opposition and when others aren't fit. I think nige is carefully grooming Moore to be one of the best Cbs in the country so won't rush him in.

One thing that worries me slightly is was's discipline, against quicker sides I can see his trademark elbow slam giving away penalties and losing us games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes god help us if we play someone who started 26 times for us last season. The team that walked the league, and had the third best defence in the league.

We're doomed!

Because the Premiership is the same standard as the Championship.....

Come on, this bloke is not good enough. We've got to be aiming higher than a 33 year old thug who chucks elbows, is regularly out of position and quite frankly, isn't good enough.

the amount of people on here ruling Liam out due to age is laughable he was our best defender last season and lost his place due to injury, had the injury happened earlier he would no doubt have come back in at some point but with so few games left what was the point when promotion and the title were sewn up already

Moore is premiership class.

Sometimes you don't appreciate how good a player is when he belongs to you.

Moore has everything, pace, power, positional sense and good decision making.

Morgan, was and upson will offer an option. I would've liked us to have bought a quality centre half to build up a long term partnership with Moore. However, it seems we won't be. Defensively, (de laet, schlupp and konch included) we have players in those position to make us competitive. We do lack pace though.

Archived