Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Ticket Prices

These are unbelievable. Just been looking into how much it would cost me to go to a few of the upcoming games. Luton and Sheffield Wednesday at home, I can get a young adult ticket, they're B grade games, in the cheapest part of the ground, both games are against newly promoted sides... £20! A lot is made of the so-called Fans Fixtures but surely these two games are the prime candidates for Fans Fixture prices. Basically if I wanted to go and see those two games it would cost me £40.. which is utterly ludicrous. I've had a season ticket in the past and considered it decent value (if you discount a lot of the dross served up - nobody should have to pay to watch stuff like Leicester 0 Aston Villa 5) but I haven't been able to get one this season and the prices are just astronomical. My season ticket was something like £175 and now they're charging £40 to see Luton and Sheffield Wednesday.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation really because when I've had a season ticket in the past, the only games that I've really enjoyed going to have been the likes of Forest or Derby where the ground has a bit of atmosphere. The prospect of sitting for two hours watching two pisspoor teams hoof it back and forth last season with 20,000 other miserable souls was enough to make me prefer to sit at home and listen to the radio. Because of my circumstances at the moment I can't be a season ticket holder, so the club should be looking at people like me to fill the rest of the ground. They're not going to do that by trying to charge me £20 to watch f**king Luton.

God help anyone over the age of 24 who wants to go and see a top-half team from the West Stand, you might as well swallow your life savings and piss it all into the River Soar.

a tip:

The sub ticket office round the back of the stadium prints ADULT on all of its tickets - I realised this at the Ipswich game. I go with my dad and 2 sisters im 20 and their 18. What we are planning to do next time is get me to buy the tickets then met them outside the club shop - i will pay cash and ask for one young adult and three under 16s. I would feel bad about doing this if we were selling out every week but the way I look at it is its 4 more tickets they would have sold otherwise as were more bedford fans and my dad said he wont pay that money on top of petrol burgers etc. Plus were pissed off that we havent seen them win a game for god knows how long.

lol

161469[/snapback]

What has happened to this club? It cant just be about ticket prices, we are only getting 20,000 and the season has only just started. I for one am fed up of clubs building stadiums they are not going to fill and that have no atmosphere. So many clubs are in the situation like us who dont sell out, or are even close to selling out, for example, Reading, Derby, Coventry, Hull, Southampton, Plymouth + the list could go on. Also there are more pointless big stadiums to come with teams like Cardiff and Brighton looking to build new homes, but they could both realistically be in League 1. And the stadiums all look the same.

What has happened to this club? It cant just be about ticket prices, we are only getting 20,000 and the season has only just started. I for one am fed up of clubs building stadiums they are not going to fill and that have no atmosphere. So many clubs are in the situation like us who dont sell out, or are even close to selling out, for example, Reading, Derby, Coventry, Hull, Southampton, Plymouth + the list could go on. Also there are more pointless big stadiums to come with teams like Cardiff and Brighton looking to build new homes, but they could both realistically be in League 1. And the stadiums all look the same.

161500[/snapback]

Our crowds at the moment would have filled Filbo and are higher than they ever were in our Div One days (promotion excepted).

Our crowds at the moment would have filled Filbo and are higher than they ever were in our Div One days (promotion excepted).

161519[/snapback]

Exactly, isnt it better to watch a game in a small but full stadium, rather than big but half empty one with no atmosphere?

God help anyone over the age of 24 who wants to go and see a top-half team from the West Stand, you might as well swallow your life savings and piss it all into the River Soar.

161400[/snapback]

Make that anyone over the age of 21.

These are unbelievable. Just been looking into how much it would cost me to go to a few of the upcoming games. Luton and Sheffield Wednesday at home, I can get a young adult ticket, they're B grade games, in the cheapest part of the ground, both games are against newly promoted sides... £20! A lot is made of the so-called Fans Fixtures but surely these two games are the prime candidates for Fans Fixture prices. Basically if I wanted to go and see those two games it would cost me £40.. which is utterly ludicrous. I've had a season ticket in the past and considered it decent value (if you discount a lot of the dross served up - nobody should have to pay to watch stuff like Leicester 0 Aston Villa 5) but I haven't been able to get one this season and the prices are just astronomical. My season ticket was something like £175 and now they're charging £40 to see Luton and Sheffield Wednesday.

161400[/snapback]

We originally proposed that the Luton game should be one of the Fans Fixtures.

However a factor the club takes into account is the level of away support, as the away supporters have to be offered the cheapest price the pay on the day home fans can get.

So if Luton bring 3,000, an extra £21k is raised by having a B grade rather than a Fans Fixture.

We reckon the 3 Fans Fixtures this season will now be Brighton, Watford & Crewe.

The calculation you need to do is how many games do you think you will go to this season, if its around 5-6 then it must be worth joining the membership scheme, say its 5 & you then prorata that cost across the 5 games (£3/game) - the Luton & Sheff Weds games would then cost you £22 - £5 members discount + £3 pro-rata - so £19 overall

Dunno if I am the only one who picked up on this but you are starting to sound like a salesman with this membership scheme. I could join it but then I couldnt afford to go to a game for the next 3 months. :(

Any comment on the free membership on going to a game, to encourage going to further games.

The free membership could only apply to grade A or B games.

Dunno if I am the only one who picked up on this but you are starting to sound like a salesman with this membership scheme.  I could join it but then I couldnt afford to go to a game for the next 3 months. :(

Any comment on the free membership on going to a game, to encourage going to further games.

The free membership could only apply to grade A or B games.

162071[/snapback]

Can understand why you are saying that, but we are only try to make sure that fans are aware if they are going to go to more than 4 games this season, its going to save them money in the long run.

Found it interesting that one poster on a forum was complaining about the prices & then listed within his match budget £9 for beers. Have one drink free game & perhaps just the one beer at another & that's the membership fee covered.

Can't see the club offering free membership & then money off each game as well. One attraction to the club with the scheme is the £15 up front, which is money banked & could boost the playing budget as 'known' income.

Archived